A small celebration on board?

turning46

My husband and I are considering our cruise our "honeymoon" even though we got married 3 years ago. We took our kids on our "honeymoon" after we married (a family vacation to celebrate the marriage), and we've never really had a trip for just the two of us.

I'd like to designate one night as a special celebration for us - nothing fancy, just maybe a celebratory bottle of champagne or maybe a special dessert. Do you think if I asked our room steward (we are in concierge class) or maybe the maitre d' to suggest something nice, they'd help me plan a little something? Any ideas are appreciated.

In CC you get a bottle of champaign. Save it for the night you want.

Anything else is up to you. It all depends on what you want.

Doing something special but nothing fancy reminds me of the couple that was celebrating a anniversary. The woman said to her husband " Why don't we do something different tonight. Let's go out and have a night on the town and really have a good time." The husband responded "That is a great idea. If you get home before I do leave the light on."

In CC you get a bottle of champaign. Save it for the night you want.

Anything else is up to you. It all depends on what you want.

Doing something special but nothing fancy reminds me of the couple that was celebrating a anniversary. The woman said to her husband " Why don't we do something different tonight. Let's go out and have a night on the town and really have a good time." The husband responded "That is a great idea. If you get home before I do leave the light on."

Ha! My husband would be in for a cold, long swim if he said that! I do think we'll be opening our bottle of champagne as soon as we hit the room, though - I'll have to think of something else. Thank you for your response and for a little laugh today!:)

If you look in you My Celebrity, there are extras you can order. These include chocolate covered strawberries, rose petals on the bed, a special bottle of a beverage. You can also chose a night to dress up and have dinner in a specialty, etc.

If there is a special meal you want that isn't on the specialty menus, but is something easy, you might ask for assistance in getting that in the MDR as well.

If you look in you My Celebrity, there are extras you can order. These include chocolate covered strawberries, rose petals on the bed, a special bottle of a beverage.

We have just arranged this as a surprise for friends celebrating their 30th Wedding Anniversary on the Sillouhette in a couple of weeks. It's their first time cruising Celebrity, we have been nagging them to try it for years.

It's called the Classic Romance Package, you'll find it under Gifts By Celebrity on their website. There is also the same package plus a mimosa breakfast in bed the following morning for a little extra.

Okay, now I see the "gifts by celebrity" items and packages. Thanks for the heads-up; I didn't see it on their webpage before. That is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. I appreciate the help, everyone!

Ha! My husband would be in for a cold, long swim if he said that! I do think we'll be opening our bottle of champagne as soon as we hit the room, though - I'll have to think of something else. Thank you for your response and for a little laugh today!:)

Would that be the same as a old shower? :D

.:p

Just got off a cruise on the Millennium. We had told them we were celebrating our anniversary and they included us in the party for anniversaries and honeymoons and arranged for a small chocolate cake to be served at dinner (the waiters would have sung to us but I nixed that).

My husband and I are considering our cruise our "honeymoon" even though we got married 3 years ago. We took our kids on our "honeymoon" after we married (a family vacation to celebrate the marriage), and we've never really had a trip for just the two of us.

I'd like to designate one night as a special celebration for us - nothing fancy, just maybe a celebratory bottle of champagne or maybe a special dessert. Do you think if I asked our room steward (we are in concierge class) or maybe the maitre d' to suggest something nice, they'd help me plan a little something? Any ideas are appreciated.

If you booked with a TA tell them. They will usually arrange for a small cake etc at dinner.

Send yourselves a bottle of your favorite wine/champagne, book a spa treatment.

HAve agreat time

Carole

Archived