Breakaway 6/2-6/9 with pics

graphicguy

This thread is a month old, so I'm not meaning to revive it but by request, I'm making another post to it instead of starting a new thread.

Julie, the CD on Breakaway seems to make a point that they want to hear of any cruiser's issues so they can be addressed, rather than have them show up everywhere on the net.

I had done that when I was cruising the Breakaway, and agan, sending a note to NCL Customer Service, too.

I have not heard anything back (not that I expected to). And, the cruise was fun.

I've read some other posts regarding recent Breakaway sailings, and it seems NCL is indeed listening.

My saling on the Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas when it first sailed had similar "teething pains". So, this isn't exclusive to NCL's Breakaway.

Breakaway is still a fun cruise, despite my "niggles".

Some asked when I was cruising again (gluttons for punishment, I'm telling 'ya). Well, funny you asked. I'm on the Carnival Breeze next month (8/25). Haven't been on CCL for about 3 years. So, I'm really looking forward to sailing their newest ship and putting up a pictorial review over in the CCL area.

This one was going to be solo (again). But, seems as if there were quite a few friends who were interested in this sailing because I was able to snag balcony cabins for a shade over $500/ea, which is pretty darn amazing.

Hope everyone's Breakaway cruise is a great one!

They are indeed listening. I just got off Breakaway on Sunday. They now have washy, washy people at elevator bank near buffet. In the morning they have people going around offering you coffee. Every crew person we saw said hello and asked how our day was. Many officers are visible throughout the ship. Just a few earlier complaints I can think of that have been addressed.

They are indeed listening. I just got off Breakaway on Sunday. They now have washy, washy people at elevator bank near buffet. In the morning they have people going around offering you coffee. Every crew person we saw said hello and asked how our day was. Many officers are visible throughout the ship. Just a few earlier complaints I can think of that have been addressed.

Cool.....great to hear!

My sister and I are leaving this Sunday for our first ever cruise, and will be on the Breakaway. Graphicguy, thank you so very much for such a wonderful tour of your trip. found myself torn between taking notes and wanting to see what you said next.

You said you couldn't bring V8 juice (?) I was thinking of bringing yogurt. Would that be a no-no??

My sister and I are leaving this Sunday for our first ever cruise, and will be on the Breakaway. Graphicguy, thank you so very much for such a wonderful tour of your trip. found myself torn between taking notes and wanting to see what you said next.

You said you couldn't bring V8 juice (?) I was thinking of bringing yogurt. Would that be a no-no??

I must have missed this but why would you not be able to bring V8 juice. Juice is certainly allowed on NCL. Yogurt - They will have it onboard!

• 7 months later...

I just stumbled upon your review today while browsing through the threads, looking for Breakaway reviews. I am going in September and I am trying to learn as much as I can about the ship and the port of Bermuda.

Your review was amazing, written like a good book!! I learned so much about the ship, the restaurants, the shows, just everything!

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed and interesting perspective.

I hope all your future cruises are wonderful!

Thanks again, I enjoyed it so much!

Jacy