Liberty Review - Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman

elsplace2

Groliv - Sorry we didn't notice if they had mini wheats.....I'm not a big cereal eater and I think my husband only had it once during the week.....he told me he didn't notice when it had it that one day.

vwrestler - Thanks for the reason of the burials. I couldn't remember what she had told us during the tour. I thought it was really interesting they way they had the road go right through it. There was a reason for that as well!

But unfortunately, again I was only half listening.

JimAOK - We used 2 cameras. I use a small digital Olympus FE-5010. and my DH uses one with more features and its bigger. Olympus SP-810Uz.

Sometimes we can't tell who took which photo.....we just pick the best out of the 2. But most of the sunsets are with his camera.

Great review, really enjoyed it. We will be on the Liberty in september and have anytime dining as you did. Could you tell me which dining room has atd and is it up or downstairs. Thanks

What a fabulous review - we are doing the "other itinerary" on the Liberty & I am really looking forward to it. The "Taste Bar" looks yummy. Congrats on your anniversary. I loved your sunrise photos also.

Thanks for the picture of the Carnival check in at baggage claim #26!!! OMG - we are flying in the day of - and this should really help!

Betty

Great review, really enjoyed it. We will be on the Liberty in september and have anytime dining as you did. Could you tell me which dining room has atd and is it up or downstairs. Thanks

In December ATD was on the lower level if the Silver Olympian dining room.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks everyone for enjoying the review and the anniversary wishes! We really did have a good time and as you can see kept busy.

Also what a great compliment to say we do not look "mature" enough to be married for 30 years....maybe its because we got married when we were 12....LOL Just kidding!!

As far as the Anytime's dining room. We were in the Golden Olympian room on Deck 3, mid ship, which is the first floor of the dining room. I'm not sure if Silver also had ATD on our cruise, but it must have, seeing VWrestler had the Silver room for their cruise. Not sure how they pick the dining room for you??

Oh and I'm glad that pic of the Carnival Check in at the airport was helpful to someone.....I heard they did that but didn't know where it was or what it looked like, so I told my husband I had to get a pic so I can post it on my review!

Edited by elsplace2

As far as the Anytime's dining room. We were in the Golden Olympian room on Deck 3, mid ship, which is the first floor of the dining room. I'm not sure if Silver also had ATD on our cruise, but it must have, seeing VWrestler had the Silver room for their cruise. Not sure how they pick the dining room for you??

You are right it was the Golden, we ate in the Silver when we pulled into Miami, thats why I got confused.Didn't care for the Silver Olympian though. The golden looked better IMO.

Loved your review!!

My DH and I will be doing this itinerary in early September, and your review was awesome!

On A Baseball note....

One of my most memorable family vacations when I was younger with my family was for my Dad's 50th birthday. We went to Chicago, saw the Cubs play in Wrigley stadium and the white sox play in u.s. cellular field in back to back days and then we drove into Iowa and went to the actual field of dreams. We're trying to do all the stadiums as a family as well.

You can probably guess we're a baseball family!!

Loved your review!!

My DH and I will be doing this itinerary in early September, and your review was awesome!

On A Baseball note....

One of my most memorable family vacations when I was younger with my family was for my Dad's 50th birthday. We went to Chicago, saw the Cubs play in Wrigley stadium and the white sox play in u.s. cellular field in back to back days and then we drove into Iowa and went to the actual field of dreams. We're trying to do all the stadiums as a family as well.

You can probably guess we're a baseball family!!

That's cool you are trying to do all the stadiums, as well....how many have you done? I never thought about going to the actual Field of Dreams, but I think we will have to get that on our list, too! (Like we need more to add to the list!) LOL

We will probably do Chicago within the next 2 years, if all goes well.

Unfortunately, doing these baseball fields will put cruising on the back burner for a little bit!! :rolleyes:

That's cool you are trying to do all the stadiums, as well....how many have you done? I never thought about going to the actual Field of Dreams, but I think we will have to get that on our list, too! (Like we need more to add to the list!) LOL

We will probably do Chicago within the next 2 years, if all goes well.

Unfortunately, doing these baseball fields will put cruising on the back burner for a little bit!! :rolleyes:

We've done old Montreal stadium (before they were moved), The Skydome (we live in toronto, so we go many times a year), old detriot stadium the last year it was open before it was demoed, new detriot stadium, both chicago fields, and philly's stadium. When we did Field of Dreams, it was during the height of the corn growth and it was JUST like the movie. It was awesome.

There is just something so nice about the old outdoor stadiums....

-Lauren

Great review! Has us looking forward to our cruise.

Would you happen to have the Fun Times that you could either add to the blog or here? We are on the same itin 7/27 with a group of 9. I just want to try and get all the 'pre-planning' done that we can.

We've done old Montreal stadium (before they were moved), The Skydome (we live in toronto, so we go many times a year), old detriot stadium the last year it was open before it was demoed, new detriot stadium, both chicago fields, and philly's stadium. When we did Field of Dreams, it was during the height of the corn growth and it was JUST like the movie. It was awesome.

There is just something so nice about the old outdoor stadiums....

-Lauren

So you have been to the new Detroit Stadium.....we have been told to be careful in Detroit, that it can be a little "scary". No offense to you Detroit folks.....we have been told that about a couple of the other stadiums we've been too and do not agree with what was said about them.....I have NO IDEA what to expect when we go there....but I was wondering if it was true or not??

Would you happen to have the Fun Times that you could either add to the blog or here? We are on the same itin 7/27 with a group of 9. I just want to try and get all the 'pre-planning' done that we can.

Glad my review has you looking forward to your cruise...I know I use to read every review I could find as well and they always made me anxious for ours to hurry up and come.

As far as Fun Times.....yes I do have the Fun Times....I will have to wait until tomorrow to try and get them scanned and put on here.....my scanner at home is alot more complicated then the one I have here at work. So hopefully I won't forget to bring them into work tomorrow!

Edited by elsplace2

So you have been to the new Detroit Stadium.....we have been told to be careful in Detroit, that it can be a little "scary". No offense to you Detroit folks.....we have been told that about a couple of the other stadiums we've been too and do not agree with what was said about them.....I have NO IDEA what to expect when we go there....but I was wondering if it was true or not??

We did afternoon Games on weekends in Detroit so we weren't there very late, and We had a large group as well, 5 in my family and my cousins and uncles (so close to 10 of us), but we never felt it was bad or scary or any worse then downtown Toronto. I'd say just keep your wits about you. I never felt unsafe or threaten though, and there were ball crowds everywhere too.

I scanned the "tear-off" section of the Fun Times, which has the whole day's schedule....but don't know how to add it to my blog or here..hopefully it will be OK to read......so I will take email requests to anyone who would like me to send it to them.

Here's my email address:

elsplace2@yahoo.com

Just put Carnival Funtimes in the Subject line so I know it's not junk mail.

What a fabulous review - we are doing the "other itinerary" on the Liberty & I am really looking forward to it. The "Taste Bar" looks yummy. Congrats on your anniversary. I loved your sunrise photos also.

Thanks for the picture of the Carnival check in at baggage claim #26!!! OMG - we are flying in the day of - and this should really help!

Betty

I just remembered.....I don't have my boarding pass with me seeing I'm at work, but there were 2 locations where you can do this "check-in" at the airport. I don't know if your cruise is paid for, but once you can see your boarding pass, the other location is on it as well......I couldn't find it on the Carnival website.

Edited by elsplace2

I'm trying something different from my usual reviews here on CC. So I hope everyone can read it. This has been written as a blog type review , so it would be completed when I posted it!

Elsplace2,

Great review!

I enjoy posting reviews as threads on CC, but given that pic hosting isn't reliable and when pic links change :mad:.....I'm going to borrow your format for my next review! :cool:

Thanks again for sharing! :)

Thanks everyone again for your kind remarks!

rudechuck, I hope your cruisemates enjoy the review as well!

paulmedik, I have read several of your wonderful reviews....You will love doing it this way...This format was so much easier. I was able to take my time writing it and getting my pics up from our computer and no downloading to a host company, then on to cc. I can even go back to edit it at any time. I'm still learning my way around the whole blogging thing, and my husband had to help get me started, but it's a great way to write a review!! Good luck with your next one! Looking forward to reading it.