Liberty Review - Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman

elsplace2

Thanks for a lovely review!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

Where's rye Taste Bar on the Liberty? Did they remove the Origami Sushi Booth on Deck 5 Mid?

Taste Bar is on Deck 5....around mid ship, alittle toward the aft. Did not see a Sushi Booth, I'm not sure if the Taste Bar is where the Sushi Booth used to be, seeing we have never been on the Liberty before. We don't eat Sushi so I didn't notice it anywhere, I think I read that it was in the buffet area, but I didn't notice if it was.....sorry! Maybe someone else will chime in to let you know.

^ No sushi makes me sad...

Great review, will definitely check out some of those shore excursions. I'm a bit undecided about the dolphin one, didn't know the photo prices were so high :( My wife loves dolphins though.

^ No sushi makes me sad...

Great review, will definitely check out some of those shore excursions. I'm a bit undecided about the dolphin one, didn't know the photo prices were so high :( My wife loves dolphins though.

Glad you enjoyed the review. As far as the Sushi, I'm pretty sure Sushi is offered at the buffet.....well from what I have read from others....not that I saw it. As far as the prices of the photos, yes I was disappointed at the prices of the photos too....I think it's WAY to high and think if they lowered their prices they would get more people buying them. But we figured it was a once in a lifetime thing that we would probably never do again, so we bought them. We also knew in advance that the prices were going to be that high from others commenting on it, here on CC, so we were mentally prepared to pay the price! :eek:

Enjoy your cruise!!

Oh you are getting me excited for our cruise in December. Same ship but most likely different ports based on my husbands vacation schedule. Can I ask how you got that tote? It would make a fun surprise!

I know I used to get excited reading others reviews....glad my review had that effect on you, as well!! :D

As far as the tote.....I ordered that on the "Fun Shops" site. (I think it used to be called Bon Voyage) Just click on that and go to the "gift sets". It's the High Seas Deluxe Tote. They have a couple of other tote sets to choose from as well. Not many though.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Glad you enjoyed the review. As far as the Sushi, I'm pretty sure Sushi is offered at the buffet.....well from what I have read from others....not that I saw it. As far as the prices of the photos, yes I was disappointed at the prices of the photos too....I think it's WAY to high and think if they lowered their prices they would get more people buying them. But we figured it was a once in a lifetime thing that we would probably never do again, so we bought them. We also knew in advance that the prices were going to be that high from others commenting on it, here on CC, so we were mentally prepared to pay the price! :eek:

Enjoy your cruise!!

Same here, good thing I read your review, at least I will know how much money to budget and won't get a shock after exiting the water with the dolphins :)

Also did you book the airboat in belize through carnival or an independent tour operator? Thinking about doing the Altun Ha Mayan Site & River Wallace

Same here, good thing I read your review, at least I will know how much money to budget and won't get a shock after exiting the water with the dolphins :)

Also did you book the airboat in belize through carnival or an independent tour operator? Thinking about doing the Altun Ha Mayan Site & River Wallace

We booked it through Carnival. We really enjoyed it....it was a fairly quick tour, about 3 hrs total, which I like better than the all day tours....we enjoy stopping off in the port areas to shop a bit and get a local beer, enjoy the scenery and relax before heading back to the ship.

Strange......I don't always get notified via email so I haven't been on this since July 10, so I thought I'd do a search and make sure there were no questions I missed and just typed in "Liberty" in the search.....It was not coming up with all the other Liberty topics and Liberty is in my title.....I had to type in "Liberty Review" I wonder why it doesn't come up with just typing Liberty? Anyone have a guess??

Great review, elsplace2. We've done this itinerary before, but we'll be doing it again as the 2nd leg of our B2B on Liberty in January.

This made me even look forward to it more than I aleady was looking forward to it.

Great review and pictures!!! We did this itinerary a few years ago and loved it!!! Happy Anniversary!!!!

Thank you for the anniversary wishes.....glad you enjoyed the review!

Great review, elsplace2. We've done this itinerary before, but we'll be doing it again as the 2nd leg of our B2B on Liberty in January.

This made me even look forward to it more than I aleady was looking forward to it.

Happy to hear my review is making you look forward to it even more! I'm always happy to hear it has that affect on people!! I hope you have a great time, 2nd time around!

I love the Liberty. Very nice review and I love the way you prepared it...I may steal that idea for my next review!

Thank you! Go for it as far as "stealing" this idea!! (Actually, I have seen others who have done this and I stole it from them! LOL) The more people who do it the more we get some great reviews.....I like the fact that they are complete when it's posted. Also you can edit it if necessary and you don't need a photo host company like photobucket, etc., you can just download the pics from your computer. The hard part is getting started and learning your way around a blog, which I still haven't mastered!! LOL.

Edited by elsplace2

Elsplace, I did get it set up last night, but haven't played around with it to figure out how to upload pics and write the review. I'll practice on my 5-night Fantasy in Sept!

Thank you! Go for it as far as "stealing" this idea!! (Actually, I have seen others who have done this and I stole it from them! LOL) The more people who do it the more we get some great reviews.....I like the fact that they are complete when it's posted. Also you can edit it if necessary and you don't need a photo host company like photobucket, etc., you can just download the pics from your computer. The hard part is getting started and learning your way around a blog, which I still haven't mastered!! LOL.

I did get set up, but haven't played around with it to see how to upload pics, etc. I'll practice when we get back from our Fantasy cruise in Sept. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Loved your review. We sailed the Liberty last year and had a blast! We'll be staying at the same Hampton for our upcoming cruise!

I think you will like that Hampton Inn. The staff was very friendly and it was a really nice place. Also it's at such a convenient place with the rail and metromover near it. Too bad one of them didn't go all the way to the cruise port!

I did get set up, but haven't played around with it to see how to upload pics, etc. I'll practice when we get back from our Fantasy cruise in Sept. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Uploading pics on mine was VERY EASY!! Easier then uploading them from photobucket to here on CC. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it goes smoothly for you.....if it's an option on your blog maker, make sure you make it public. Mine defaulted to private and when I posted it, no one could open it......so then I had to scramble on how to make it public within 15min so I could edit my post with the correct link :eek:.....what a nightmare....I had no idea how to do it and my DH was at work....somehow I figured it out!! So make sure it's on a public setting before you post the link. Good Luck!! I look forward to seeing how it came out for you and reading it!!

Edited by elsplace2

Thanks for the great review. We have done this itinerary numerous times but doing it again in January . . . you gave me a new idea about taking the public transportation to hell . . . just for the hell of it!!!

Do you know if you can get to the turtle farm via public transportation?

Thanks for the great review. We have done this itinerary numerous times but doing it again in January . . . you gave me a new idea about taking the public transportation to hell . . . just for the hell of it!!!

Do you know if you can get to the turtle farm via public transportation?

I'm pretty sure you can get to the Turtle Farm via the bus. Check with the bus driver before getting on. The only thing about the bus is it took us about 45 min. to get back to the pier. They pick up locals along the way, beeping at people walking. There was one local who had mobility problems so he took forever to get in the van and then again when he got out. So just give yourself plenty of time when coming back. I thought it was a fun experience listening to the locals and the bus driver.....they seem to know each other. And it was cheap!! $2.50/pp. (You pay when you get off the bus and to make it easy have exact change.)

I would check the port of call for Grand Cayman, but I think I had read where the buses sometimes stop running on certain afternoons, but again I would check with the bus driver......but I would just take a cab if necessary on the way back.....we had no problems catching a bus back and we were in no hurry.

As far as catching the bus to Hell or the Turtle Farm from the pier. when you get out of the fenced part of the port area. Go Left on that street and you will see a circled sign saying "bus stop" on the same side of the street the pier is. It's about a 5 min. walk.

Prior to us going we were told to go to the library area.....so when we were heading that way up another street, the bus beeped at us then when he came down and turned left to that bus stop which was right there and he stopped there even without people waiting....it just seemed so much easier to go there rather then find the library.

When leaving Hell, go to the street and wait.....they stop when they see people standing around. We were confused as to where we should stand so we were right in front near the street and 1 stopped but it was going in the opposite direction and we told them we wanted to go back to the cruise pier and she said hop in and went up a short way and turned around.....so I don't know if they have specific routes or not.

Do you remember seeing any Beach Massage Vendors in Roatan?

No, sorry, I did not see any Massage Vendors. There were food/drink Vendors with menus coming around for their restaurants, but didn't see any for massages nor did we see anyone getting one.

Edited by elsplace2

Do you mind sharing what kind of tripod you use?

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure ours is a Sunpak FlexPod Pro Gripper flexible mini tripod....You should Google it and see what it looks like. I got ours at Walmart for about $20....they have all different kinds on-line. Walmart did not have much to choose from at the time I bought it.

We love it! We wrap it around poles or whatever we can find.....or stand it on a table, etc. If you are traveling without family or friends it's hard to get those "couple" pics every now and then, without bugging someone to take your pic. (which we still do, LOL)

Hope that helped!! It's a good investment in our opinion!!

Thank you! It is on Amazon for less than $13. However, it says it won't hold but a point and shoot. I am on the lookout for something that will hold my canon rebel t3i.

Thank you for your help though! I will probably pick one up for our other camera! You can't beat it at that price!