New menus coming

Might sound silly, but I really loved the mozzarella sticks they used to have. It would be awesome if those were back!

I really enjoy most of what I have ordered in the dining room, but it would be nice for a menu change so I can try some new things!

As Sarge said -- and he is correct -- most people agree with you.

From what I've seen, the MDR has been overwhelmingly popular on all of my cruises. Other than a selection here or there that somebody doesn't find appealing, nearly all of the people I've ever spent time with in the MDR have enjoyed their meals each night. I've always requested seating assignments at larger tables in order to dine with other guests. Not once did people express an opinion that the food on the whole was unsuitable.

Those who claim that the food on Carnival ships is terrible, and imply that this is somehow a universal truth, are so far off the mark that they impugn their own credibility. How do they explain the difficulty that some have getting seated with YTD? Someone is using all those chairs, night after night.

Okay, now that we've gotten that out of the way, my favorites would be cod (served any way, it's the only fish I eat), more Caribbean and South American influenced dishes, and more vegetarian selections.

Why only cod ? I love cod too and you can pretty much find any white fish and cook it the same and will be tasty :)

We eat fish pretty often and we found these and decided to try ,they are really good and individually packed. I think 10 portions for $10.We use our double decker steamer and maybe put some brussel sprouts on the bottom then the fish and a little old bay,a pat of butter and lemon slices and some dill and about 25 minutes later its dinner :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Fishin-Company-Swai-Fillets-64-oz/17248593?page=seeAllReviews

I think its regulated more than tilapia even though it is farm raised as well

Anyone wanting just a plain iceberg lettuce salad it is doable. I always tell my waiter the first night I want an iceberg lettuce salad every night and it appears. They are great for doing this for me.

You can also do this with dessert. I was told by a tablemate to just speak with the Matre'd if there was one specific dessert I wanted every night (in my case the Vanilla Creme Brulee) and he would set it up for me to get that dessert every night. I tried this on night 3 and it worked out beautifully! Starting on night 4 I could just skip browsing the dessert menu because I knew I had my favorite dessert coming!!!

The concern for food and what other people eat is little underwhelming. Is the new status icon being a gourmet, down home, snob or being gluten free? This is your vacation enjoy what you want to eat. Pay extra for what you want. I am foodie but I enjoy the people and places much more. It will be nice to see what changes come. Don't forget the kitchen is cooking for a few thousand people. I enjoyed the hamburger and the duck but more importantly to me, I enjoyed the trip. Being different is a part of life. Peace to everyone. :cool:

I always enjoy my cruises. But the fact is, the food is included. And as such, it has gone downhill. If you cruised before they changed these menus in the first place, you would see what those of us that have are talking about. The dinner in the MDR used to be an experience to look forward to... now... well... it's just dinner. Nothing special. The same I could get at home. I didn't just pay for a ride to the islands...

Also no one has forgotten the kitchen is cooking for a few thousand people. They have been doing that since my first cruise (and before that) in 1991:)

The ribs used to be served on the first night, and most of us are underdressed on embarkation, so that woud be the night to bring the ribs back. I love them but when given a choice between ribs and lobster, well I will take the lobster. I know I can order both, but I'd rather have two lobsters:D.

I just read on this thread that they took away the comedians, at brunch, I really like my breakfast served to me, of all the meals that is the one that I am least awake for, and was terrified that someone would be trying to make me laugh when I wasn't even ready to open my eyes, so I am glad to hear that.

I too love the Bacon Mac and Cheese, which I ordered as a back up to an awful Chateaubriand, I just asked them to take the chicken off, and It was wonderful, I let my friend and my DH try it, and they agreed that it was fantastic.

Spam? Really ? Just fried? NO, you take the spam, smear mustard on it, stick in cloves, and sprinkle brown sugar on it, then splather it with apple cider vinager, throw it in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes..Night one, serve it with mac and cheese, day two, it makes two sandwiches, then day three, chop the last part up and serve in scrambled eggs. I know how to spam my spam:D

The menu changed after my third cruise, didn't like it as much, but I didn't starve. I hope the changes are to bring back what was, or to upgrade to something better, but not cut back to something less. Thanks for sharing the news.

It appears that Carnival is listening ... finally... and you can bet your sweet bippie, it is thanks to Uncle Bob. Pleasing your customers is a part of marketing.

no more comedy at Brunch, lido entertainment and menu changes...

Now, if they would just start recognizing their past guests more like other lines do.... Of course, if all they are trying to do is bring in the first timers, then why the need to change the past guest party to VIP and eliminate who are truly past guests???

Good changes coming:D

When will they new menus beon the ships?

Just as soon as ALL the ship's schedules are published, the propulsion and other issues are fixed on the "NEWLY" refurbished Sunshine; when the kitchen staff learns how to fix real southern grits (hint: it ain't suppose to be like soup) and they stop diluting the cheese sauce with water. :eek: :D :D

Would be nice to see the Wellington show back up! I miss those :(

Sent from iPhone 4S

On our very first cruise, which was on Celebrity Horizon, we had Wellington for the very first time. Being Cajun, we are lucky to enjoy amazing food every day, either home or in some of the amazing restaurants we take for granted.

I had HEARD of beef Wellington, but had never actually tasted it.

I honestly don't know if I enjoyed is so very much because it was so very good................OR if I thought it was so very good because it was so very DIFFERENT.

In any case, Wellington became something I looked for and enjoyed on every cruise menu, until it slowly became less and less frequent and then did vanish from Carnival's offerings.

I don't recall it being on the menu of either of the NCL ships we've sailed recently either........but I may be mistaken.

In any case, I'd agree that having Wellington added to the MDR menu would certainly be 'nostalgic' for us.

Now, what are the chances I can find a restaurant near New Orleans that does a classic Wellington? :)

I agree! Give me the option of a nice rib eye or prime rib in the MDR every night...

Would that effect the number of passengers paying for the specialty restaurants on the ship especially the steak venues?

A real steak , forget the shoulder meat

Yes ring back roast duck

Bring back the every night menus from 5 yrs ago

I would be a happy camper

especially the dehydrated pineapple dessert thingy....and duette od lamb, altho I have had it on TA's

First I've heard of this. I will try it on my next cruise. I love an iceberg salad.

Bob

Yes, it's doable...but be very specific what you want. We once asked for a salad with "just lettuce" and we got a salad that was ONLY lettuce. Not the waiter's fault because he brought what he was asked to bring. But we learned to specify lettuce, cucs, tomatoes, etc.

Who is Uncle Bob?

I like the menus, I find them to be "accessible" to someone with a tamer taste. I am not so adventurous when I eat, and it's nice to have options that are familiar to my tastes. I liked the bacon Mac n cheese. I have a hard time understanding why people who find the food so awful cruise carnival? I would never cruise where I didn't like the food.

Has anyone considered; the increase in food prices over the past 4 - 5 years versus relatively stable cruise vacation prices. As I read these posts it dawns on me that Carnival is in a no win situation. They've had to make adjustments to the menus and other areas to stay competitive. Reasonable people get this and make adjustments.

I see people wanting a separate breakfast and lunch in the MDR. I don't understand why. On sea days brunch runs from 8:30 -1:00pm. Why demand more? People miss the midnight buffets (one of my favs) but I understand why it's gone, so no problem. I've had food on multiple cruise lines and I think carnival does a great job with theirs. I've enjoyed the live bands on the lido deck but again I understand why they are no longer there. Don't even get me started on those that want more and more perks for the loyalty program.

ALL of these things cost money people and Carnival is a corporation not a charity or social club. When costs go up that increase has to be passed on to YOU!

I remember when cars were made of metal, but I understand why they're not any longer.

Has anyone considered; the increase in food prices over the past 4 - 5 years versus relatively stable cruise vacation prices. As I read these posts it dawns on me that Carnival is in a no win situation. They've had to make adjustments to the menus and other areas to stay competitive. Reasonable people get this and make adjustments.

I see people wanting a separate breakfast and lunch in the MDR. I don't understand why. On sea days brunch runs from 8:30 -1:00pm. Why demand more? People miss the midnight buffets (one of my favs) but I understand why it's gone, so no problem. I've had food on multiple cruise lines and I think carnival does a great job with theirs. I've enjoyed the live bands on the lido deck but again I understand why they are no longer there. Don't even get me started on those that want more and more perks for the loyalty program.

ALL of these things cost money people and Carnival is a corporation not a charity or social club. When costs go up that increase has to be passed on to YOU!

I remember when cars were made of metal, but I understand why they're not any longer.

Yes, exactly. I prefer lower costs and lower fares. There are other options if you want to pay more for a more high end vacation. I'm not a very good cook, we rarely eat out, and when we do it's usually a chain restaurant with a kids eat free deal, so I can't possibly imagine being unhappy with Carnival mdr food. :) The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the buffet lunches, but I love the deli and burrito bars, so no complaints. Carnival needs help, but I think it's more about public relations than new menus.

Has anyone considered; the increase in food prices over the past 4 - 5 years versus relatively stable cruise vacation prices. As I read these posts it dawns on me thnd more perks for the loyalty program.

the problem with all you have posted is the cost per passenger on meals per day is still less than $10, and hasn't risen much in the past 4 to 5 years.

Archived