Any speculation on the best NON-suite cabins?

From great CC advice on what were the best non-suite cabins on the Allure, we ended up with a B1 on the 11th deck, last cabin 11729. It was awesome! Great views of the Aquatheater, people watching on the Boardwalk, great views of the wake and almost exclusive use of the semi-private balcony steps outside our door. Thank you CC members! What a SCORE!

With this in mind, I'm super curious. Having poured over deck plans, has anyone ventured a guess or formed an opinion over what will be the best non-suite cabins on QOS? We plan to book as soon as the summer '15 itineraries open and I'm clueless over what to even think about booking as far as cabin locations go.

The D1 balcony cabins look like they have larger decks than the other D categories. I have friends sailing in a D1 along with us on the Jan 23rd sailing in 2015. Will be snapping photos of their stateroom and my GLS and posting in the 23 Jan Roll call thread prior to us setting sail that day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The D1 balcony cabins look like they have larger decks than the other D categories. I have friends sailing in a D1 along with us on the Jan 23rd sailing in 2015. Will be snapping photos of their stateroom and my GLS and posting in the 23 Jan Roll call thread prior to us setting sail that day.

Hi, we are on that same cruise in a D8 accessible cabin. I'll post some pictures of that too as the handicapped cabins are harder to get information on.

Agreed. The descriptions of them also indicate a larger balcony.

Stateroom Details on the Quantum Of The Seas Enjoy these luxurious staterooms (198 sq. ft.) with two twin beds that convert to a Royal King*, sitting area with sofa, full bathroom and private balcony (65 sq. ft.).

(198 sq. ft., balcony 65 sq. ft.)

Please Note: Decks: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 Balconies range from 55 to 119 sq. ft.

I can't even decide what DECK is optimal, LOL. We loved deck 11 on the Allure because of the semi-private balcony location and the good views of the wake and Aquatheater. It was a few flight up walk to the WJ or pools and a few flight down walk to the RP or CP. Again, we thought it was a FANTASTIC location.

So, what opinions do you all have for good deck location and why?

I think 12 is the spot, as it's it'd directly above or below the public areas. I like being up higher and enjoying the view from the balcony. I also don't mind taking the stairs. Besides, the concierge lounge is on 12.

My bedroom will be right under CL, wish there was a private staircase from the side balcony up to the CL (like that'll happen).

I have booked 6260. It is a D8, but has the same size balcony as the cabin above it which is a D1.

You get an extra large balcony with the lowest price cabin

Since you are near the middle bump it shouldnt be obstructed

Category F: F cabins have Alcove with large forward-view panoramic window with seat and lounge chair and are 302 square feet.

They are on the front of the ship, with corner rounded windows. Huge looking also!

We are staying in RFS, but I am trying to get family members to book in that cabin! Also have BIL staying in super studio (with a D1 size balcony) and parents staying in an accessible balcony. Will post pix of all, although we aren't going til April 12...

I think 12 is the spot, as it's it'd directly above or below the public areas. I like being up higher and enjoying the view from the balcony. I also don't mind taking the stairs. Besides, the concierge lounge is on 12.

I liked the look of deck 12 quite a lot. However, as we will be cruising sans kids for our 25th wedding anniversary, I will be avoiding other people's kids like the plague :p... do you have any concern with the adventure ocean being on the same deck? Do you think there will be any spill over noise and/or the continual pitter-patter of families feet traveling to and from OA throughout the day? I'm just hoping for a quiet cabin location. That's one of the things I LOVED about the aft cabin on Allure... no one ever walked by :D. What are your thoughts?

I have booked 6260. It is a D8, but has the same size balcony as the cabin above it which is a D1.

I also have a d8

We booked 6660 which is your cabin on the opposite side of the ship. Ours is an obstructed view but I don't care because I can still sit out there and listen to the water. The lifeboats will be below us so as long as I can hear the water and see the stars I'll be a happy lady!! :) And that extra large balcony - yay!

If you can't stand the noise, -:eek:- just join the party. :D

I'm thinking an old guy who is parting with teens should be made to walk the plank! ;-) FWIW, we're hoping that the club is well insulated, sound wise, and won't be a problem. I guess we'll find out.

I liked the look of deck 12 quite a lot. However, as we will be cruising sans kids for our 25th wedding anniversary, I will be avoiding other people's kids like the plague :p... do you have any concern with the adventure ocean being on the same deck? Do you think there will be any spill over noise and/or the continual pitter-patter of families feet traveling to and from OA throughout the day? I'm just hoping for a quiet cabin location. That's one of the things I LOVED about the aft cabin on Allure... no one ever walked by :D. What are your thoughts?

We share your same concerns. FWIW, by the time we were able to book, there were very few cabins (spa JS) left. We could have gone down to deck 8 I think, and that seemed to low for me. To be honest, we would also prefer if the elevator was further away. Anyway, we'll be on a cruise, on a new ship, what's the worst that can happen. Don't answer that. ;-)

We share your same concerns. FWIW, by the time we were able to book, there were very few cabins (spa JS) left. We could have gone down to deck 8 I think, and that seemed to low for me. To be honest, we would also prefer if the elevator was further away. Anyway, we'll be on a cruise, on a new ship, what's the worst that can happen. Don't answer that. ;-)

I hear you about the elevator. As I pour over the deck plans all I keep seeing is how close the D1 cabins are to the elevators. I know to some that's a plus, but not for us. We prefer a more secluded location with less foot traffic. We don't mind the mile long walks to the elevator in lieu of a nice quiet cabin with few passer-bys.

FWIW, we have had hump cabins before, very near the elevators. No real problems, but, there was almost never a time when there was not somebody near your door. We prefer those aft cabins, but on the Quantum, they were way out of our price range.

A tad off-topic...

Do we know whether or not people booking the Family Jr. Suite (FJ) will be eligible for the Suite "perks" or not? I understand that regular Jr. Suites are excluded but didn't know if the Family ones were as well.

My friends booked 10690, just down the hall from us in 10720. It looks like an optimal position if you prefer a buffer from activity on public decks from above.

Got a 24 hr hold on this cruise for Jan 2015 out of Cape Liberty, NJ. Ports of call are listed below. First off I'm a little concerned about departing out of NJ in Jan because of winter weather. Second is I've not been to any of these ports and not sure if they are a good choice. For now is Cape Liberty the only departure port for Quantum?

We have only been on RCCL once. We mostly sail on Princess. But when I saw this ship, I said I must put it on my bucket list! I haven't had a chance to check out the deck plans yet. Guess I better get busy and do that!

Your thoughts are appreciated. :-) (We have the 10690 on hold)

03-Jan Cape Liberty, New Jersey 5:00 PM

04-Jan Cruising Cruising

05-Jan Cruising Cruising

06-Jan San Juan, Puerto Rico 4:00 PM 11:00 PM Docked

07-Jan Samana, Dominican Republic 10:00 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

08-Jan Labadee, Haiti 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

09-Jan Cruising Cruising

10-Jan Cruising Cruising

11-Jan Cape Liberty, New Jersey 8:00 AM

Archived