Riviera deck on CP – can you hear any noise?

crusingforfun

We stayed midship (R415) last year and yes, you could hear noise from above, especially on sea days. Did it ruin our cruise? - NEVER. I guess the most annoying was when someone dragged a table accross the floor above. But all in all, wasn't bad. Good God, I wouldn't expect a ship of 3,500 people would be totally soundless. I think a lot of it has to do with what's above you. Basically, we had Scoops right above which was a high traffic area going to and from the Horizon Court and Pool areas. Would I move to another deck? No - It was nice being close to the Lido.

We stayed on the Riviera last year and loved it. It was so close to the aft pool and the Horizon and Caribe Cafe. Just up the steps and you are there. We were under the Caribe Cafe and I don't remember hearing any noise. :)

We were on the Riviera Deck last year on the CB in R405. We absolutely loved the location. Just up one flight of stairs to the pool, the Horizon Court, the Terrace Pool in the Aft of the ship.

Regarding noise, we heard no noise in our cabin from the deck above. You do hear noise out on your balcony, especially when they move tables around in the early AM when they hose down the decks, but no big deal. I would not give it a second thought. The benefits of being on that deck, so close to everything, far outweigh any incredibly minor noise.

The Monk

We stayed in R 523 and you could hear noise sometimes during the night from above. When they move things. Not too bad. And not so bad that we wouldn't stay there again. The Caribbean Princess is the only one with the Riveria deck I believe. But I'm sure that if I'm wrong I will be corrected. And who made up the CP , CB thing anyway? Seems pretty petty to bash folks about it all the time.

You're entirely right. Only the Caribbean Princess (CB) has the Riviera Deck. Yes, I agree with you about the CB/CP thing. It seems like it should be called the CP, but since the Coral Princess came before, it got those initials.

Rather than making up new codes, I think you best stick with the code Princess has assigned their ships. There is another "c" coming - Crown Princess.

Too late. I have already assigned her the CRP designation.

Monk

And how would you pronounce that without upsetting some of the delicate types on this board.

Reminds me of the local rapid transit agency (Santa Clara CA) that had to change its acronym when they found out it stood for cat feces!

We were in R525 in April. It was the worst cabin for noise you could imagine. It was constant. Day and night. Night was worse as it often sounded like boulders were dropping above us. The ceiling actually would shake. The funny part was the pursurer acknowledged that the cabin is subject to frequent complaints and the late evening noise is due to their employees using the area as a "staging" area. The day noise was due people going in and out of the Horizon Court walking over the metal door plates. Our cruise was great with the exception of that. We'll never stay in that area again.

Hi Mary

Sorry to read about your bad experience on the CB. I know exactly what you mean. We were on the Aloha deck under the Horizon on the Grand Princess and you could hear chairs and tables being dragged around. The area above this location has carpet. Loud banging noise would wake me up from kids running on metal floor dividers and slamming the door to the outside!! I found it very irritating at 2am…I am a light sleeper but I do not like being woke up many times throughout the evening. I look at all the deck plans over and under the room before I book it now!!

gc

I don't think Largin or anyone was trying to be mean about the CB/CP thing. I screwed up on it too at first and they said something that helped me make sense of it. They are just trying to help newer posters learn the system. No big deal! Live and learn. I do like the CBP idea, but I also see that the point is to use the same codes as Princess. Talk to you all later.

We just got back from the CB on Saturday June 25. We stayed on the Rivera deck cabin 710. I can honestly say that we did not hear anything other than the ocean. We did feel quite a bit of vibration the entire cruise. I didnt mind it though,as it made me fall asleep alot faster. I like the aft section of the ship due to the proximity of the adult aft pool and the horizon and caribe cafe being one deck up.

• 3 months later...

Archived