23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Good for you Deanna. I lost the water weight pretty fast too. I usually have about 10 of water retention. I think it is all the spices, etc. I take lots of shoes and after a few days, can only wear a couple of pair.

Don't know how much I will be able to check in for the next month, but I will try. :) We have decided to fly, so no car. :( Afraid that means no meeting Pat for lunch. Oh well, I'd probably be tempted to break my diet.

Peggy

Good for you Deanna. I lost the water weight pretty fast too. I usually have about 10 of water retention. I think it is all the spices, etc. I take lots of shoes and after a few days, can only wear a couple of pair.

Don't know how much I will be able to check in for the next month, but I will try. :) We have decided to fly, so no car. :( Afraid that means no meeting Pat for lunch. Oh well, I'd probably be tempted to break my diet.

Peggy

Well, that is sad...but, understandable. If transportation was the only issue, I'd gladly pick you up, as you're a stone's throw away, but I'm sure you will be busy with the family anyway. Maybe another time? Have a great visit with your son! and Happy Easter!

Pat :)

Well done, keep it going.

I have played two games of soccer this week now and have managed to drop that KG from the previous weeks. The leg is good again.:D

Fantastic news! but, don't overdue it...;)

Pat

Down five pounds this morning, thank goodness for water weight. 15 to go now! then I'll try for another 10 and be happy for summer.

It's amazing how fast that water weight comes off, isn't it?

Deanna...thanks for friending me on FB. I took some time to look through some of your pics, and I love that you always have that stellar smile on your face! I'm so happy for you that you have been feeling well.

So you weren't the happiest with this Panama Canal itinerary, I take it? That's something we've talked about for some time, but wonder myself, if I would really be that interested in it all. Lots of pros and cons...a partial transit would give more Caribbean ports versus the full transit. I always thought that Cabo would be great to visit...how did you like it? I've been to Puerto Vallerta before at an all-inclusive and thought it was nice at the time, but I understand that a lot has changed on that side of Mexico in recent years.

Cabo and Puerto Vallarta were the nicest of all the ports to be honest. We are real beach people and enjoy the white sands, crystal waters, snorkelling, catamarans and it was just a different expereince for us. Most of the tours in ports were over 6 hours and kind of historical and factual and we aren't into that. So most ports we just went into the port area, shopped around the vendors and went back to the ship. It was also VERY HOT, and don't get me wrong, I love the heat but it was almost too hot for me to bear. I guess I'm just a caribbean kind of girl lol. But I loved the mediterranean too.

Have lost another 3 pounds, so 8/20 gone. Have been eating like a piggie the past few days though and stalled and not losing anymore but I deserve it. Will get back to it Monay after Easter dinner tomorrow.

Happy Easter everyone, enjoy the day and indulge in at least a little bit of chocolate.

Weather here has been nice, I've been walking some (and with little problem...yeah!).

Thanks for the info on the ports. I, too, like the Caribbean the best of anywhere, but if I could do a catamaran in Cabo, maybe I would be happy...;)

Speaking of trips and happy....I booked our trip to Aruba today for next March. Not a cruise, and I never thought I would say this....I love Aruba just as much! It'll be the 4th time staying at the same little B&B and the owners are now good friends of ours and it's like going to visit family. Extended family that just happens to be a 15 min. walk from one of the best beachs in the world, have a private pool steps from your room and sharing a delicious homemade breakfast with you every morning. Aahhh...I feel so relaxed just thinking about it! Funny story...the first time we were there, I saw the cruise ships in town, and I was so sad, saying...oh, I wish we were on one of them. Now when we go, I see the ships and say...oh, those people have to leave and can't stay and enjoy our Happy Island! :D

Tomorrow, we are going to a very nice brunch at a restaurant for Easter. Don't know how "good" I will be! It's crunch time...beter be crazy strict for the next 2 weeks. We'll see how the weigh in goes tomorrow.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Pat

Weather here has been nice, I've been walking some (and with little problem...yeah!).

Thanks for the info on the ports. I, too, like the Caribbean the best of anywhere, but if I could do a catamaran in Cabo, maybe I would be happy...;)

Speaking of trips and happy....I booked our trip to Aruba today for next March. Not a cruise, and I never thought I would say this....I love Aruba just as much! It'll be the 4th time staying at the same little B&B and the owners are now good friends of ours and it's like going to visit family. Extended family that just happens to be a 15 min. walk from one of the best beachs in the world, have a private pool steps from your room and sharing a delicious homemade breakfast with you every morning. Aahhh...I feel so relaxed just thinking about it! Funny story...the first time we were there, I saw the cruise ships in town, and I was so sad, saying...oh, I wish we were on one of them. Now when we go, I see the ships and say...oh, those people have to leave and can't stay and enjoy our Happy Island! :D

Tomorrow, we are going to a very nice brunch at a restaurant for Easter. Don't know how "good" I will be! It's crunch time...beter be crazy strict for the next 2 weeks. We'll see how the weigh in goes tomorrow.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Pat

Sounds wonderful in Aruba. Very Jealous. Hope everyone has a great Easter and doesn't over indulge too much.:D

Gained an Easter pound sigh.

Have you ever done the trikes tour in Aruba? We do it every time we are there, it is hands down our favourite tour anywhere.

No, I've never actually heard of the trikes....most likely because I don't do anything really sporty/physical I guess. My favorite pastime there is a sunset sailing on the Black Pearl. Three hrs of bliss, and don't even do the snorkeling others do...just sit back w/ my rum drink.

No loss or gain here this week...good, I guess, considering the brunch food I consumed on Sunday including two cannollis (sp). No reason to not get down and dirty this next two weeks...no excesses!

Hey...was that a lb of chocolate bunnies!?! :eek:

No, I've never actually heard of the trikes....most likely because I don't do anything really sporty/physical I guess. My favorite pastime there is a sunset sailing on the Black Pearl. Three hrs of bliss, and don't even do the snorkeling others do...just sit back w/ my rum drink.

No loss or gain here this week...good, I guess, considering the brunch food I consumed on Sunday including two cannollis (sp). No reason to not get down and dirty this next two weeks...no excesses!

Hey...was that a lb of chocolate bunnies!?! :eek:

I don't do anything physical or sporty either lol. The trikes are three wheeled motorcycles. It's a 3 hour tour and you drive around to the top sites in Aruba, it really is a blast and I highly recommend it. No motorcycle experience needed. Hubby drove and I sat perched on the back. google it, trikes aruba, great time for sure!!!

I look like I ate a lb of chocolate bunnies lol. I am so depressed about my weight and worried the warmer weather will come because my clothes don't fit.

down 9 pounds total since being back, 11 to go to get to my pre cruise weight

Keep it up, you are going well. We have Anzac day today, commemorates the Anzacs (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) that fought in WW1. Gallipoli in Turkey is the main focus but also across the western front through France, etc in 25 April 1915. http://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac/anzac-tradition/

We remember the fallen and have a special gambling game called 'Two-up' (allowed to be played only today) . We also drink beer and have BBQs, eat Anzac biscuits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_biscuit

Lest we forget.

cheers Mic:D

Keep it up, you are going well. We have Anzac day today, commemorates the Anzacs (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) that fought in WW1. Gallipoli in Turkey is the main focus but also across the western front through France, etc in 25 April 1915. http://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac/anzac-tradition/

We remember the fallen and have a special gambling game called 'Two-up' (allowed to be played only today) . We also drink beer and have BBQs, eat Anzac biscuits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_biscuit

Lest we forget.

cheers Mic:D

Sounds a little like our Memorial Day, the end of May....and some people's excuse to break out the BBQ for the first official summer party.

Hope you enjoyed your day! :)

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Sounds a little like our Memorial Day, the end of May....and some people's excuse to break out the BBQ for the first official summer party.

Hope you enjoyed your day! :)

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I did enjoy it nicely thanks. I have finished compiling the three photo books from our last adventures (One for Antarctica, one for South america and one for the Galapagos parts of the trip). I cooked up some Kangaroo fillets and had a Roo salad for lunch, we watched some of the memorial services on the tele and then we went to the Super14 Rugby game (Australian, NZ and South African sides) to see our team, the Brumbies beat the Chiefs (from NZ) 41 -23 in what was the replay of last seasons Grand final. They had beaten us in that game.

A great day indeed.:D

sounds like a great day for sure Mic. Glad you enjoyed.

Well I'm happy to report I'm down another 2 pounds today, so have now lost 11/20 I gained, and 9 to go. Woot woot. Hope I keep losing 2 a day, that's been great lol. Have been living on salads though which is terribly boring, but it's worth it to be able to fit into my summer clothes again.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, I work tonight and tomorrow boo, but it's supposed to rain anyway. Going to start exercising next week too, that's the plan anyway.

sounds like a great day for sure Mic. Glad you enjoyed.

Well I'm happy to report I'm down another 2 pounds today, so have now lost 11/20 I gained, and 9 to go. Woot woot. Hope I keep losing 2 a day, that's been great lol. Have been living on salads though which is terribly boring, but it's worth it to be able to fit into my summer clothes again.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, I work tonight and tomorrow boo, but it's supposed to rain anyway. Going to start exercising next week too, that's the plan anyway.

Good work.:D

Stay motivated people, I am in static mode, not trying to lose or gain just trying to get fitter.

My injury has flared slightly, it is now a swollen ankle and lower leg (a bit like on the last cruise) even though the injury was higher. I now think that it may be a circulation issue, something to do with the cancer I had years ago and my lymphatic system. I think I need to get to the doc and get it checked out.:D

Stay motivated people, I am in static mode, not trying to lose or gain just trying to get fitter.

My injury has flared slightly, it is now a swollen ankle and lower leg (a bit like on the last cruise) even though the injury was higher. I now think that it may be a circulation issue, something to do with the cancer I had years ago and my lymphatic system. I think I need to get to the doc and get it checked out.:D

Yes please do go to the doc and get it checked out just to be safe.

I managed to lose a measely half lb this week. Well, it's better than nothing, I guess. Didn't exercise much either...unless you can count packing...LOL.

Half a pound is better than nothing, right? I went for 2 walks the past two days so proud of that but now we are supposed to have rain starting this afternoon lasting right through the weekend so there goes my walks.

I started a very strict (and controversial) diet yesterday and am down 2 pounds this morning woot woot. Had sautéed shrimp for dinner last night with a lemon garlic sauce. Shrimp are so low in calories and so darn tasty. Made a huge Caesar salad to go with it and some sliced tomatoes. It was delish. I'm at 133 and hope to get to 125 in the next few weeks. (that was my pre cruise weight) Once I hit 125 I'll work to get the last 10 off. My goal is 115. Seems easier to break it into two chunks than to try to do it all at once for some reason.

Hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday.

Oh, where are you packing for??

Okay, I'm checking in. Have been in Chicago for 12 days. I have changed my diet program and I'm pretty sure it is working well. I won't be able to tell for sure until I get home in mid-May, due to different scales. But I think I have lost several pounds. I am counting calories and walking 40 minutes a day. I have found a nice walking area. I discovered I was not being accurate enough with my calorie counting. Mic, sorry about the leg. Swelling can mean blood clots too. Pat, next time we will get together. This time, we are baby-sitting and trying to help our son. My Dr. told me that 1/2 pound a week is fine. It is more likely to stay off. Discouraging tho, when you have been staying on program. Deanna, sounds like you are doing well. Congrats on walking. That is hard to do for me.

Okay, I'm checking in. Have been in Chicago for 12 days. I have changed my diet program and I'm pretty sure it is working well. I won't be able to tell for sure until I get home in mid-May, due to different scales. But I think I have lost several pounds. I am counting calories and walking 40 minutes a day. I have found a nice walking area. I discovered I was not being accurate enough with my calorie counting. Mic, sorry about the leg. Swelling can mean blood clots too. Pat, next time we will get together. This time, we are baby-sitting and trying to help our son. My Dr. told me that 1/2 pound a week is fine. It is more likely to stay off. Discouraging tho, when you have been staying on program. Deanna, sounds like you are doing well. Congrats on walking. That is hard to do for me.

Keep at it (exercise and limited calories together) and the weight will come off, 40 mins at a brisk pace probably equates to a couple of miles so that is a good workout, just do what you can.:D

Edited by MicCanberra