Paying for Excursions

miss-heli

We are lucky enough to have been given substantial on board credit for our upcoming cruise on the Journey.

Can this be used to pay for excursions?

I only ask as I was trying to reserve a trip earlier I was asked for payment upfront.

We are lucky enough to have been given substantial on board credit for our upcoming cruise on the Journey.

I only ask as I was trying to reserve a trip earlier I was asked for payment upfront.

It can be used for shore excursions but not until you are on board which means you will lose the 25% discount. It can be frustrating that you cannot use OBC as easily as you would like

It can be used for shore excursions but not until you are on board which means you will lose the 25% discount. It can be frustrating that you cannot use OBC as easily as you would like

Thanks for explaining the 'rules'.

I am wondering now how I am going to spend the credit as it seems that the inclusive drinks on offer will be fine for me :)

As I understand it, there are two kinds of OBC; credit from Azamara and credit from your travel agent. I have been able to get the OBC from my travel agent credited back to my credit card rather than having to spend it. Check with your travel agent now. Each type of OBC is coded differently on your account. When you board, check with Guest Relations to make sure that the money will go back to your credit card (if that's what you want to happen.)

Many thanks for your replies.

My OBC is form Azamara direct and not the Agent so it looks like I will be on a 'spending spree'

The excursions I am looking at are still available at the moment so lets hope they are still bookable when I board (even at the increased price)

Many thanks for your replies.

My OBC is form Azamara direct and not the Agent so it looks like I will be on a 'spending spree'

The excursions I am looking at are still available at the moment so lets hope they are still bookable when I board (even at the increased price)

Even if booked pre-cruise, there's no guarantee they will operate. We booked a walking tour of Kusadasi. with Hammam, prior to our cruise paying in £UK, but once onboard we were told it was under-subscribed and so we were refunded in $US. This would have been returnable, but we'd have had to pay for the currency conversion.

However, they did offer a 25% discount off another excursion, so we used our non-refundable OBC for that.

Did not use our obc...so did a little early Christmas shopping for jewelry for our daughters.

Archived