Mini-suite "Two lower beds not convertible to queen; shower only" question?

In the back of Grand Class ships cabins D732 and D733 mini-suites are described by Princess as " Two lower beds not convertible to queen; shower only"

Can someone here please speculate as to why? Are these handicap cabins? Does anyone know of a photo on the web that shows the interior of these two cabins?

They are handicapped cabins - or at one point they were marked like that in the brochure but for some reason, they are no longer marked that way. The balcony on these cabins are larger then the average balcony.

Suzy Cruizy had pictures of this cabin at one time. I no longer have them.

Is there an upside or a downside for a non handicapped person booking one of these two cabins?

You can't... without a doctor's letter. An agent may tell you you can, but if Princess doesn't get proof, you'll lose it. Any reputable agent will tell you this.

If they are not booked by an eligible HC passenger, you may be able to grab one at the last minute.

The advantage is a larger cabin, and maybe balcony. Downside is the "hospital room" feel of the cabin...

These cabins are no longer marked "accessible" in the Princess system. Probably because it is such a far distance from the elevator.

Many people who have seen this cabin (or pictures of) have choosen another cabin. It is a funny shaped cabin with no couch, non-converting twins and no tub. Someone posted that they could move the beds together but after seeing the pics, I am not sure how it was done.

I would email Suzy and see if she still has the pics.

These cabins are no longer marked "accessible" in the Princess system. Probably because it is such a far distance from the elevator.

Whoops... sorry, you are so right... my post was based on the assumption that these were still handicapped cabins...

Archived