Are you going on a Pacific Northwest cruise?

Hi everyone, Just wondering how many of you are booked for a upcoming P.N.W. cruise this year? We are sailing the Mercury 5 nights Sept,19th out of Seattle. 2 days of cruising the Inside Passage and stops in Vancouver & Prince Rupert. Any one else?

Well, we aren't going for almost a year. We're going on NCL Star repo to Vancouver out of LA next May. We couldn't pass up the fare, less than $300 pp for a 3 day cruise, including all port charges and taxes. I think our one way airfare will cost almost as much! We have been on NCL Star once before and are looking forward to seeing her again. We also have lunch planned at a restaurant the Sunday we disembark in Vancouver. We will spend only 1 extra night in Vancouver (sigh) but we gotta get back to the kids!

My daughter and I will be on the 4-day NCL "Spirit" repositioning cruise leaving Vancouver on October 25, 2005. Our stops are Astoria, OR and Monterey, CA, ending in San Francisco.

If we don't get upgraded, it will be the first time for us in an inside cabin. The price was right and we couldn't resist. Since it's a short cruise and time spent in the cabin is usually just to change clothes and to sleep, we can tolerate no windows.

At the end of the cruise, we'll spend two days in San Francisco; staying at the Fisherman's Wharf Hilton Hotel. We chose this hotel because of its convenient location and since we had Hilton points, our stay is free.

This will be my 14th cruise; 4th on NCL which has become our favorite cruise line. Can't wait!

We will be on the 7-day repositioning cruise from San Diego to Vancouver next May. Our stops are San Francisco, Astoria, Victoria, & Nanaimo. What sold me on this cruise was the amazing price ($860 + tax) for a balcony plus a Radiance-class ship (the Serenade Of The Seas). We have been on both the Radiance and the Brilliance, and they were great ships. I think this is the best ship that travels the West Coast.

Our is the same itinerary as yours, Windermere, but on the later sailing, October 3. We live on Whidbey Island, north of Seattle, so we just drive to the ship. I like that!

The Seattle Art Museum would be good to add to a 4-day pre-cruise stay in Seattle -- along with Pike Place Marketand Museum of Glass in Tacoma. Check the Seattle Symphony, Pacific Northwest Ballet, theater offerings, etc., for that time period too. You can also make a day trip to Victoria on Victoria Clipper R/T out of Seattle, if you've not been there before.

We will be on the Pacific repo on the Star Sept 25th from Vancouver to L/A.

Our home is on Vancouver Island so we do not have far to travel to join the ship. Looking forward to the mini cruise then 4 days in Las Vegas where we will become millionairs overnight !!! LOL.

Any thoughts on Seattle or Astoria??

Happy cruising.

Yep, Pacific Northwest for us. August 28th on the Celebrity Infinity. We leave from Vancouver with stops in Victoria, Nanaimo, Astoria, San Francisco. It's a 6 day and we actually spend over night docked in San Francisco which is great. We love that city and basically will have a floating hotel for one night there! Can wait!

We are sailing the Mercury 5 nights Sept,19th out of Seattle. 2 days of cruising the Inside Passage and stops in Vancouver & Prince Rupert. Any one else?

A few years ago, Royal Caribbean did some 3&4 day cruises from Seattle in May and Oct. We did a couple and really had a good time. I wish we could book Celebrity for this Oct, but it just won't fit our plans. HOWEVER-I see they have some 3&4 day cruises already scheduled for Oct 2006 (no 5 night cruises darn it) so I'll be watching for your review of the Mercury for a shorter cruise. We've never cruised Celebrity (only Royal Carib, NCL and Carnival). We've enjoyed them all and hope Celebrity is also a good fit for us. It sure is nice not having to take a plane to catch a ship.

Hope you all have a great time.

-Monte - Over in Ellensburg

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be on the 5 night 10/3/05 Mercury - flying to Seattle the day of the cruise. We've done Alaska, but not a Pacific Northwest voyage. I'm a little concerned about the weather, but it should be a relaxing trip all the same.

DW and I are also on the 09/19 5 night Mercury cruise. As we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the 20th, I indulged on a Sky Suite on the Sky Deck. She deserves it. This will be our 1st cruise on Celebrity, our 8th cruise in total. We did 4 PNW cruises on the Radiance of the Seas in 2001/2002 and I was very glad to see the return of these intineraries. They were very popular as each one we went on was fully booked.

We are taking Amtrak down from Vancouver the night before and staying at the BW Pioneer Square which is close to the Pier 66.

Gord

We'll be on the 5-day as a Grand Travel Adventure for an elderly couple, 91 and 89 years of age. We have 2 Sky Suites and 2 CC's on Sky Deck, for the Elders + their "kids" & spouses. Five days seems just right, and this should be a perfect itinerary for us, as port days aren't the objective, rather cruising with lovely scenery, e.g., Inside Passage. We hope all goes well for all of us, and that it's a "last hurrah" travel adventure for the Elders that is special in every way.

We just booked a flash special for the one-nighter on the Sapphire Princess Sept. 25. Booked an AA minisuite and keeping our fingers crossed for an upgrade to a full suite. Come on, upgrade fairy, sprinkle some of your magic pixie dust on our booking! :D

I guess I'm first to go ...........I'm on the Sept. 16th sailing - 3 nights on Mercury round trip out of Seattle.....Its a surprise gift for my hubby's b-day....we're flying all the way from New Jersey....I know I'm crazy but couldn't wait until November when we have our next cruise aboard the Constellation.

Does everyone know what they are doing in Victoria? And for those going to Nanaimo, what do I do???? I'm thinking I need to do a Celebrity excursion here since it seems very remote. Anyone have any suggestions????

Janine

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be on the ship with you, Oct 25!!! Party of 5. My husband, mother and two daughters (20, 23). San Fran is a beautiful city and if I had to get off the ship, then what a wonderful city to do it in! I remember driving there once and bursting into tears as we drove onto Golden Gate Bridge, just totally overwhelmed by the city. What time are you heading onboard?

Hope to see you on board, Barb

• 2 weeks later...

"Does everyone know what they are doing in Victoria? And for those going to Nanaimo, what do I do???? I'm thinking I need to do a Celebrity excursion here since it seems very remote. Anyone have any suggestions????"

Hi Janine,

No need to do a Celebrity excusion in Nanaimo or Victoria. I find them over-priced. The downtown core is right where you get off the ship and is full of history, nature, arts galore! There are three shopping districts and more!

I can personally recommend pre-booking a walk with www.naturepark.com/tours if you are interested in nature/history or spirits. Guides are knowledgeable, have excellent presetnation skills, are flexible to your needs and fun! Nationally certified with 15+ years experience as nature and heritage interpreters. They'll orient you to anything that falls within your interest area if you ask.

Is it possible to take a ferry to Victoria from the cruise port in Vancouver? I will be in Vancouver for the day - I believe we dock in Canada Place. If the answer is yes, how much is it and would it be possible to walk around and see the sites while in Victoria or would we have to take a cab? Any input is much appreciated.

I don't think there's a ferry from downtown Vancouver to Victoria. The mainland ferry terminal near Vancouver is at Tsawwassan. I know there are companies that operate out of the Vancouver train station that run tours over to Victoria where they put you on a bus that goes on the ferry from Tsawwassan to Sidney (which is near Victoria) to see things like Buchart Gardens, but I don't know if they run tours out of Canada Place. I think Gray Line is one of the companies that does these torus.

Archived