Theme cruises

joedsal

Oceania has been offering several theme cruises in the past year or so.

Sometimes these have been an attractive add on as an additional incentive and would like to hear what past travelers have to say about their experiences?

I may be wrong, but I would say that the theme concept is not all that attractive to your regular Oceania passenger who is more into subtle enjoyments in a low key high quality environment.

I think the theme cruises are more the realm of mass market ships like Carnival, NCL , Holland, Celeb. and Royal Carrib..... with NASCAR, NFL,Country Western, ...stuff like that.

You are wrong. We were on Riviera Aegean Gems, Venice to Athens, last month. This was designated a jazz cruise some time after we booked it.

There was an excellent 4 person jazz combo on board as well as a female vocalist and a male vocalist. All of them were quite good, far above the standard O entertainment. They did 3 or 4 shows during the cruise and also played in Martinis one late night. They were very well received and each of their shows played to a full house.

It may depend on the THEME

I would have loved the Jazz cruise but did not see it listed

Do they have a special section on the website for the Themed cruises?

I have seen the Wine cruises, Jacques Pepin & reunion cruise listed

It may depend on the THEME

I would have loved the Jazz cruise but did not see it listed

Do they have a special section on the website for the Themed cruises?

I have seen the Wine cruises, Jacques Pepin & reunion cruise listed

O calls them 'Signature Sailings'

You can view a promotional page here:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/signaturesailings/default.aspx

I may be wrong, but I would say that the theme concept is not all that attractive to your regular Oceania passenger who is more into subtle enjoyments in a low key high quality environment.

I think the theme cruises are more the realm of mass market ships like Carnival, NCL , Holland, Celeb. and Royal Carrib..... with NASCAR, NFL,Country Western, ...stuff like that.

Many lines other than mainstream have them (i.e. Crystal, etc). Ballroom dancing, golf, intellectual pursuits (Silversea Black Sea itin with amazing speakers such as "former United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and former Secretary of Defense William Perry will join Gorbachev..." )

Cruise lines have something for (almost) everyone

Archived