Coin on the Breeze

Cinderose

Ok...I keep hearing about the "coin"???? What are you all talking about? This is our 10th Carnival cruise (yay for grandfathering to Platinum---on July 28th) and I'd love to find this secret coin? Details please??? :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The coin is usually (not always) found somewhere around the sports deck. I used to have a document that I was compiling with where each of the coins were on the ships, but I don't think I have it still (I think it got deleted with other things that were no longer needed or important).

The coin that everyone refers to, is the coin that the ship is christened with (each ship actually has two - one is in the hull down on one of the way low decks - not available for the public to see, the other is "hidden" somewhere for the public). It contains the name of the ship and when it was built.

If you do a search on this forum for "coin" you will find photos that people have posted. Here's one I found (after a quick search) that someone took on the Spirit. It isn't a close-up of the coin but you get the idea of how they're displayed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38826251&highlight=coin#post38826251

thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

Archived