Has Princess picked Houston Hotel?

califgary

We will be leaving out of Houston with Princess - I want to get airport transfer and hotel pre-cruise with Princess. Anyone know if the hotel has been selected yet or am I too early with this question.

thanks

We will be leaving out of Houston with Princess - I want to get airport transfer and hotel pre-cruise with Princess. Anyone know if the hotel has been selected yet or am I too early with this question.

thanks

Friends of ours booked the Veterans cruise and are using Princess transfer and hotel. She said it was the Marriott at the airport. There maybe others, but know that one. Ask your travel agent to check for you.

• 5 months later...
Friends of ours booked the Veterans cruise and are using Princess transfer and hotel. She said it was the Marriott at the airport. There maybe others, but know that one. Ask your travel agent to check for you.

Would like to know how this worked out. Just booked the Marriott through Princess. Would you mind asking your friends? Also, I understand the breakfast buffet at Marriott is $20PP. Any other options?

Thanks.

Would like to know how this worked out. Just booked the Marriott through Princess. Would you mind asking your friends? Also, I understand the breakfast buffet at Marriott is $20PP. Any other options?

Thanks.

Is it possible the booking made through Princess includes breakfast?

Is it possible the booking made through Princess includes breakfast?

It does not. Princess did not know whether it did or not so I called the hotel. The breakfast buffet is $20PP. There are other options at the hotel (check their website) but most will approach the buffet in price. There is a coffee shop with donuts/bagels/scones for quite a bit cheaper.

I'm not able to verify if there are other options in the immediate area. The Marriott is in the center of the airport. There are a lot of places in the airport but I can't determine if they are after or before you pass through security. Should be fairly easy to get to unless they're after the security gate.

The cost of the Marriott through Princess is $178 plus $13.48 tax, total of $191.48. That does include the cost of transfers to the port too. Not really such a bad deal. My total cost for two people is $226 not including breakfast including all transfers to and from the port and the room. Not really such a bad deal.

I had a room reserved at Hampton Inn which was $109. The transfers would have been $96 for two so the total cost would have been $205 at the Hampton. But breakfast is included at the Hampton.

Loads of hotels in the airport area. Shop around and find one that works for you. Almost all will pick you up and return you to the airport to catch the Princess transfers. Do you want to hassle with baggage from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport or pay more for staying at the airport?

It does not. Princess did not know whether it did or not so I called the hotel. The breakfast buffet is $20PP. There are other options at the hotel (check their website) but most will approach the buffet in price. There is a coffee shop with donuts/bagels/scones for quite a bit cheaper.

I'm not able to verify if there are other options in the immediate area. The Marriott is in the center of the airport. There are a lot of places in the airport but I can't determine if they are after or before you pass through security. Should be fairly easy to get to unless they're after the security gate.

The cost of the Marriott through Princess is $178 plus $13.48 tax, total of $191.48. That does include the cost of transfers to the port too. Not really such a bad deal. My total cost for two people is $226 not including breakfast including all transfers to and from the port and the room. Not really such a bad deal.

I had a room reserved at Hampton Inn which was $109. The transfers would have been $96 for two so the total cost would have been $205 at the Hampton. But breakfast is included at the Hampton.

Loads of hotels in the airport area. Shop around and find one that works for you. Almost all will pick you up and return you to the airport to catch the Princess transfers. Do you want to hassle with baggage from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport or pay more for staying at the airport?

I thought the hotel includes transfers TO the port, not those returning so for an apples to apples comparison you would need to add 48 for the return transfers making the Marriott total $274 or change the $96 to $48 for one way on the other side of the comparison making the Hampton $157.

Thanks.

Sorry, just saw your followup question.

Unfortunately in their case, it did not work where I could answer your question. They never got there. They had a plane transfer in Denver, and he became very ill. To the hospital he went, cancelled the cruise, and flew home.

Hope whatever you end up planning it will all work out well.

Sorry, just saw your followup question.

Unfortunately in their case, it did not work where I could answer your question. They never got there. They had a plane transfer in Denver, and he became very ill. To the hospital he went, cancelled the cruise, and flew home.

Hope whatever you end up planning it will all work out well.

I'm so sorry to hear. Hope all is well.

gate.

The cost of the Marriott through Princess is $178 plus $13.48 tax, total of $191.48.

I had a room reserved at Hampton Inn which was $109. The transfers would have been $96 for two

Looking at the Marriott site using a random Friday in January I found the following.

This is for one night, two adults, does not include tax and of course does not include xfer to the port.

Regular price $169, with breakfast for two, $189.

AAA price $152. No breakfast option obvious.

Senior price $144. No breakfast option obvious.

At the Marriott owned SpringHill Suites close to the airport with free xfer to/from the hotel. All rates are for two and include breakfast.

Regular price $92

AAA price $89.10

Senior price $84.15

SpringHill Suites includes free internet in your room.

Edited by caribill

I looked at that too. The pricing is fairly close once you factor in the transfers and taxes. Breakfast will add a significant amount.

Our flight doesn't arrive until after 8 PM. Would be around 900 PM by the time we got to the room. Hampton provides a shuttle to/from airport. Have read elsewhere that you sign up for a shuttle time once you arrive. Arriving at 900 PM probably means a latter shuttle and a later arrival at port. Also, would have to do a bag drag from airport to hotel and hotel to airport. Book with Princess and they pick you up at the hotel. Yes, it's more expensive but it's also more convenient. At my age, I've done about all the bag drags I want to do.