Cafe Select Coffee Card

Imnluck

I will be on Ruby Princess in 2 weeks and it seems worthwhile for me to get a coffee card, especially if it can be used in some of the lounges for speciality coffee and brewed coffee. Will 1 card allow my wife and I to order 2 brewed coffees or do we require 2 cards? Also, are these cards available on board as well as on the Princess Site. Thanks for any information.

They're available at the coffee bar on Plaza deck. The card is intended for the individual owner who purchased it.

Specialty coffees aren't available in the lounges, only at the Plaza deck coffee bar and the dining rooms.

I've had brewed coffee in the Wheelhouse lounge. Don't know if it's available in any other lounges.

Edited by Stevesan

They're available at the coffee bar on Plaza deck. The card is intended for the individual owner who purchased it.

Specialty coffees aren't available in the lounges, only at the Plaza deck coffee bar and the dining rooms.

I've had brewed coffee in the Wheelhouse lounge. Don't know if it's available in any other lounges.

In our experience, when both my husband and I order specialty coffee drinks (ex:a vanilla bean blend and iced latte)at the same time the coffee card is punchased twice. Hubby doesn't drink regular brewed coffee so I can't say for sure but would assume that for free brewed coffee is only for the owner of the card.

Fresh espresso coffee ...better than Starbucks...the coffee card is good value as free tea and hot chocolate come with it as we'll.The soda plus card gives you fruit juices and mock tails...and amazing milk shakes . both packages are a good deal .

• 8 months later...

Princess Cafe Premium Selects card are definitely worth it we are Starbucks Addicts unfortunately and we bought some cards off ebay since they are not in your name and do not expire great way to save some money and they only punched 1 hole no matter what size we ordered major savings!

Fresh espresso coffee ...better than Starbucks...the coffee card is good value as free tea and hot chocolate come with it as we'll.The soda plus card gives you fruit juices and mock tails...and amazing milk shakes . both packages are a good deal .

Can you still get hot chocolate with a coffee card or has this changed since this post was written? I think I read that the Unlimited Soda & More card covered hot chocolate.

White Chocolate Latte. Especially great when coming back to the ship in the afternoon and you are hot, get it blended where they put the coffee in the blender with ice cubes and make a great cold drink. Making me thirsty and ready for my next cruise which is coming up shortly

Can you still get hot chocolate with a coffee card or has this changed since this post was written? I think I read that the Unlimited Soda & More card covered hot chocolate.

The front of the coffee card we purchased a few months ago on the Pacific no longer had the hot chocolate included, and they wanted a punch if ordered.

Edited by Zena,W.P.
left out info

The front of the coffee card we purchased a few months ago on the Pacific no longer had the hot chocolate included, and they wanted a punch if ordered.

Even with the old style coffee card we were never able to get hot chocolate without a punch on the Pacific and the Ocean.

We have had no problem (new or old cards) on the other Princess ships we have been on.

• 1 month later...

I purchased a Cafe Select Coffee card on the Royal Princess. I was able to use it for Ice Cream Sundays, Banana Splits etc, on the Royal Princess. One punch per item. Does anyone know if the Grand Princess has gellato and will they honor the left over punches on the card? Thanks.

I purchased a Cafe Select Coffee card on the Royal Princess. I was able to use it for Ice Cream Sundays, Banana Splits etc, on the Royal Princess. One punch per item. Does anyone know if the Grand Princess has gellato and will they honor the left over punches on the card? Thanks.
No gelato on the Grand :(

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Can you use the free brewed coffee perk in the dining rooms?

Yes, but since one of the servers has to run thru the kitchen (and maybe change decks) and fetch it from the International Café, I'd give them advance warning the first night so they can plan to get it when lining up the desserts. Subsequent nights they should remember you'll want the brewed.

For sugar free, I have to use the packets of splenda, but it's definitely not the same without the sugar-free syrups.

Princess home office told us there'd be no problem bringing the syrups aboard, in SEALED, UNOPENED original bottles.

We packed four or five in one of our suitcases: Cinnamon-Vanilla, Caramel, Hazelnut, Pumpkin Pie and I think Peppermint.

Wow, we got a lot more use out of the coffee cards that cruise! DW would combine a couple of those flavors in a disposable cup, and I'd take it up to the IC and the barista would just put it in the blender first to start building her blended latte drink.

And you didn't think I'd make that round trip without getting myself one, did you? ;) After a port day, these sure do hit the spot.

Yes, but since one of the servers has to run thru the kitchen (and maybe change decks) and fetch it from the International Café, I'd give them advance warning the first night so they can plan to get it when lining up the desserts. Subsequent nights they should remember you'll want the brewed.
YMMV. Fresh brewed coffee in the DR is not included with the coffee card. Your request took your Jr. Waiter from his/her post and slowed down service for other tables at their station. I hope you gave them a very good tip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

YMMV.
Indeed.
Your request took your Jr. Waiter from his/her post and slowed down service for other tables at their station.
No, it didn't, because I always accept the standard MDR coffee if I want some with dessert. It's definitely not always bad despite what one reads on the forum. It's the same coffee served at the Chef's Table!

We're saying the same thing: fetching a Brewed means extra running for the wait staff who are already in a time-pinched situation.

I hope you gave them a very good tip!
I second this. Someone's going out of their way for your Brewed Coffee. They don't have it on hand in the MDR. That was my point. (And tip 'em well ANYWAY.) Edited by sminfiddle
etaoin shrdlu

• 2 months later...

We have two partial cards and want another before we take our next cruise. I really don't want to pony up for another new one. Hence, does anybody have a card either new or partially used up you'd be will to sell me? I assume there's a way to private message here, yes? :)

Does anyone know if the specialty coffees (i.e. vanilla bean latte) are gluten free? I find there is sometimes a language barrier with wait staff on the ships and would prefer to get this information prior to the cruise.

Email these people (customerrelations@princesscruises.com) and you'll receive a personal response within two days.

The first message is usually an automated response it was received followed by a reply from a representative who has researched the question & found the absolute answer.

I've used this method on three occasions for things I could not find anywhere and I always received a thorough reply. Good luck & do post your findings for the rest of us. :)