Culinary tour of Bologna from cruise ship

515kitty

Would love to find a tour guide or a away to visit some of the many suppliers of the foods of this area.

If no one has a reply you may want to see what you can find re Google..it amy be of help to you.

Also, keep in mind that it is a several hour (from a little over 2 hours to almost 3 hours) drive one way to Bologna, assuming you are porting in Livorno. I'm not sure you would have enough time to do the foodie capital justice.

We are thinking that the OP knows something about Bologna that we missed while staying in that city. Some folks will go there to see the famous colonnades and others to seek out special cuisine. We were very unimpressed with the cuisine, and our only memory of an extended stay in that city was the gypsy woman who tried to pick my pocket in the main part of town during high noon (I foiled the attempt by smashing her with my tote umbrella). Although there are some reasons to stop in Bologna if one happens to be in the area, we would never recommend driving more then 10 min our of your way to get to that city :)

Hank

Archived