Booked Early Saver - Move to Military

pickle1975

I am sure this has been asked 100 times before but I am confused with the price drops. We booked Early Saver, category 8S and when I checked the rates, the Military Savings rate comes in cheaper than what we paid for the Early Saver rate. If I put in for the price drop...will they change my category to Military and then I can't get any more price drops or will it stay as Early Saver but they just give me the Military price. We are eligible for the Military rate? Thanks in advance for any clarification regarding this.

I am sure this has been asked 100 times before but I am confused with the price drops. We booked Early Saver, category 8S and when I checked the rates, the Military Savings rate comes in cheaper than what we paid for the Early Saver rate. If I put in for the price drop...will they change my category to Military and then I can't get any more price drops or will it stay as Early Saver but they just give me the Military price. We are eligible for the Military rate? Thanks in advance for any clarification regarding this.

Once Early Saver, always Early Saver. You are just price dropping to Military rate.

I had the same question as you, but instead of Military we switched to the Interline rate. I was on the phone with Carnival to make the switch, and even though the agent had to double check with her manager, she did assure me that "once early saver, always early saver" is true.

We were early saver then I noticed military rate for same price plus $100 OBC. We switched to the military rate so get the OBC, therefore no longer early savers. Final payment has been made, we have 58 days before sailing. The military rate has increased BUT if it were to decrease...can we get OBC for the price difference??

We were early saver then I noticed military rate for same price plus $100 OBC. We switched to the military rate so get the OBC, therefore no longer early savers. Final payment has been made, we have 58 days before sailing. The military rate has increased BUT if it were to decrease...can we get OBC for the price difference??

You will always be ES just price matched to a different rate.

You can get OBC if a lower rate comes up, just make sure it's worth losing your $100 OBC unless the rate you match to also has OBC or is significantly better.

We booked early saver, then later the military rate offered the same price but with a $25 onboard credit, so filed forms. Then the rate came down $50 under the "fall sale" so we filed the paperwork. Lost the $25 onboard credit but received the $50.:D

I just completed this switch for my dad as well-Carnival assured me it will always be early saver, however he can match the lowest price he qualifies for.....in this case saved 50 dollars and got a 50 dollar OBC for matching military rate as hes retired military.

I just checked pricing for the Breeze for 2/15/2014. Carnival shows MILITARY pricing and also MILITARY SAVINGS pricing. There was a $80.00 difference for a balcony cabin when comparing the two and also some ship board credits differences. I don't recall 2 forms of Military pricing in the past. Any one know what this is all about?

I just checked pricing for the Breeze for 2/15/2014. Carnival shows MILITARY pricing and also MILITARY SAVINGS pricing. There was a $80.00 difference for a balcony cabin when comparing the two and also some ship board credits differences. I don't recall 2 forms of Military pricing in the past. Any one know what this is all about?

The Military Savings rate gives you the obc. The Military does not give the obc just rate drop. We did Military Savings today for several cruisers in our group. Be sure to indicate which one you are price matching to.

The Military Savings rate gives you the obc. The Military does not give the obc just rate drop. We did Military Savings today for several cruisers in our group. Be sure to indicate which one you are price matching to.

What is strange is that for our 2/1/2014 Breeze cruise, Carnivl shows one Military rate. I had that rate and just adjusted it with a big reduction. I lost lost my on board credit (Cruise bought on a cruise) of $100 but gained a $50.00 OBC. The net gain made it worth it even though the OBC was reduced. On the 2/15/2014 cruise, I checked pricing for the heck of it and Carnival shows both Military rates. I think Carnival makes this unnecessarily complicated but since Carnival gave me the big reduction "I forgive you Carnival" and I look forward to my next Carnival cruise.

Archived