Dancing on Epic?

mamoune

My DH and I are trying to decide whether to cruise on Epic and were wondering if, apart from the disco, there is some dancing venues on the ship. We love ballroom dancing and were able to indulge on Celebrity ships. Will we be able to dance on the Epic?

Thanks!

My DH and I are trying to decide whether to cruise on Epic and were wondering if, apart from the disco, there is some dancing venues on the ship. We love ballroom dancing and were able to indulge on Celebrity ships. Will we be able to dance on the Epic?

Thanks!

Mamoune...good questions. With Burn the Floor being one of the main shows, you would think there would be a very edgy type dance .

Never saw such a venue. Maybe it's in Bliss. Not sure though.

You should see Burn the Floor. It takes ballroom dancing to a level that's simply amazing...unlike any ballroom dancing that I have seen. It will nlow you away, being a ballroom dancing fan.

I love dancing. I turn up to all the classes during the day on Sea Day too. Ballroom, rock and roll, line dancing, party dances etc, I'm always there. At home I did do ballroom dancing for a while, but now we do mainly rock and roll dancing/swing. I love dancing to some of the great duos Norwegian has had on cruise either in Spinnaker or the smaller bar/lounge with dance floor. (I've been cruising with Norwegian since 2007.)

I think Burn The Floor is on the Breakaway. Watching is definitely not the same as participating. I am on the Epic too, in just over a week and am hoping for great music to dance too. I don't like what I call loud doof, doof head banging music or Latino as after 3 songs it all just sounds the same. Even if they still had the blues/jazz guy on board you can dance swing to some of that, but I think I read somewhere that it is Latino music-Ugh!) I think they have dance classes during dining hours, but I don't want to do dance classes at night. I want to dance. Norwegian Jade had ballroom dancing most nights on the Med cruises last January. They even had a big band night! The cruise director used to dance at most of the sessions with some of the passengers who didn't have male partners to dance with. I am hoping there's a band/duo etc on board. I'm not even an Abba fan, so the Abba themed night I don't usually bother attending. I lived in the era where Abba music wasn't cool-too cheesy! I love the sock hops/hoe downs etc I'm really hoping there will be somewhere and some music to dance too once I'm on board. (Although if the CD is still MIA Dan- on our cruise on the Jewel, he seemed to want to schedule hours of Skareoke (Kareoke) instead of dancing options! Good luck! Dancing is fun and a great way to exercise! (Beats working out in the gym!)

As Epic tends to have a younger passenger range the nightclub Spice/Bliss music is dance/Latin or as Karoo calls it Doof Doof :rolleyes: including often poolside and sail away parties :D

They do tend to have some singers in the Atrium where there is a dance floor and I've seen some people do ballroom dancing.

They have a blues/jazz band in Fat Cats but not really any space to dance in there.

And just for Karoo

IMG_0448
in Bliss

IMG_0469
in Spice H2O

In Feb 2013 on Epic they had Tango dancing in the Manhattan Room after dinnner one night. They cleared out the tables and had a class for beginners too.

The Manhattan room is known for classic dancing during dinner music.

Hmmm, I think you might struggle to find ballroom dancing on the epic. I agree that other than a few couples dancing a few nights to the singers in the Artrium, I didn't see any other dancing. I also didn't see/read of, any dance classes being held and Im sure i read the dailies cover to cover.

Sorry! :(

Archived