TV/USB port question

nafanny29

Probably not. There are no USB inputs on the TV. The inputs which are there are disabled. Some cruisers have reported success on getting the AV inputs to work, but most others have not. It's highly unlikely that you'll be able to watch your movies on their televisions.

if you have a pc or something with HDMI out people have had good luck by unplugging the HDMI cable to the TV and plugging in your laptop.

Then you can use the laptop to play the movie, unless of course you have a tablet with HDMI out?

A USB port on a TV, even if enabled, would not allow you to play a movie.

The TV would need the software built into it in order to actually play a movie.

Kind of like plugging a light into a socket in your house but your house not being connected to the electrical grid... the light still won't work. The key to this situation isn't the outlet, it's the electricity.

• 8 months later...

The USB port on the back of the TV's certainly on the EC, SI and RF are active, however do not allow you to input anything into the tv and onto the screen.

Even when the message comes up on the screen the remote does not have the function to access whatever you have plugged in.

I can say that I do use this port with my Apple cable, as when the tv is switched "ON" it will power/charge your device. (iPhone/Ipad/Ipod etc)

• 2 years later...

If you are lucky enough to get a Suite on royal caribbean, the suites do typically have a dvd player. You can unplug the dvd and plug in your hdmi cable to that port and connect whatever you like and it will work just fine. I have done this several times. But, all other rooms do not have a dvd player, only the full Suites have them. (junior suites also do NOT have dvd players.)

I was on the Sil. this past summer - what I was able to do was unplug the Celebrity HDMI cable on the main input and then plugin in my HDMI cable without issue.

There are a couple of ships that use DVI instead of HDMI, but again the same rule should apply