Where to get good pizza in Naples on Sunday

swifty

Sundays are a little more difficult, but I'm pretty sure Canta Napoli is open. I can't find their web site to verify that, however. You could have the ship call and verify before setting out, I suppose.

Canta Napoli

Via Chiatamone, 36 - 80121 Napoli (NA) tel: 081 7646110

It's only a one mile walk from the cruise port, almost entirely along the waterfront. Google maps will show you the most efficient walking route, but I'd make it a couple blocks longer by staying along the waterfront until you round the corner at Castel dell'Ovo. You can then go up Via Santa Lucia for one block, turn left onto Via Lucillio. At the next intersection Via Lucillio becomes Via Chiatamone and the restaurant will be on the right, once you get past the base of Pizzofalcone hill.

Canta Napoli is a member of the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana: http://www.pizzanapoletana.org/showassoc.php?id=30

I don't think Di Matteo is open on Sundays, but there's an e-mail address on their web site where you can write and ask: http://www.pizzeriadimatteo.com/

Oddly, I don't see hours on the site (although I only took a quick look, but that's the kind of information that ought to be right up front).

Anyway, in that part of town I prefer Il Pizzaiolo del Presidente, but they're not open on Sunday either.

Archived