The Suite Life on the Star June 2013

jes28

Just got back and since I use CC for travel I thought I would do a review on this trip.

We have used suites/penthouse on other main line cruise compaines in the past, sometimes with a butler and sometimes without. This depends on the location of the cabin we want not just getting the butler, they are not the goal. We are not rich and we cruise only about once a year but we like the larger cabins so we save our money and treat our self. No ego trip here

We booked a forward suite on the Star because I thought it would be intresting to try one. We were in 9000.

First time with NCL.

The Good

The crew is outstanding

The butler was the best one we have ever had

The food at all locations on board was good

You get to eat breakfast and lunch at Cagney's

The not so Good

The ship is out dated and worn out.

The cabins like 9000 are 2 decks above the theater, you hear everything going on in the Stardust, I mean everything there is no sound proofing here.

This suite had a nice 24 inch TV, something you find in a cheap motel. Not a flat screen but a TV they must have gotten out of a resale shop. Try watching a HD movie on it, its so small to can't see anything.

The wallpaper is peeling in several places.

The cover on the couch is falling apart at the seams.

The hings on two the closet doors are broken so you can not close them.

They painted the wood rails on the baloney, put nice Wet Paints signs, they came back ripped them off and left the tape on the rails.

They scrapped the old white paint and repainted, they left the paint chips all over the baloney.

Last morning the hot water in the shower stopped working.

The Worst

The Concierge

Would I use NCL again, I think there are other cost effective cruise lines out there

I would just mention that most of the negatives you mentioned seemed to be related to the particular ship, and it's age.

Given what you saw as positives, I think that you would probably have a better time on a Jewel class ship.

Thanks for your review. Re: your negatives... Didn't you choose an older ship? I just adore the SUN so maybe I am more forgiving?

Can you elaborate on why the concierge was worst on your list?

And I agree with your positives. Love the Cagney's perk.

Archived