return flight from FLL

cjnix29

Cruising out of Miami. What is the earliest you would feel comfortable booking a return flight home out of FLL? The later flight I really want is now sold out, so it's either earlier, or a lot later. Just trying to determine if it's doable! Thanks!

We had a choice of a cheaper direct 11:35 flt or a 2:25 with a stop but no plane change plus a few $ more. We ended up taking the later flt. I am so thankful that we did. We cruised from Miami as well and FLL airport on debark day was a complete zoo. Everything from airline check-in to the security line, which snaked in and out of the ropes lines and then down a long hallway. The entire airport was a cluster-mess to say the least. If fly in/out of FLL again, I will not look at any return flts before 1pm.

It may just depend on how many ships are in port for both FLL and Mia that day but I would take a later flight to avoid any stress or worry.

JMHO :)

Cruising out of Miami. What is the earliest you would feel comfortable booking a return flight home out of FLL? The later flight I really want is now sold out, so it's either earlier, or a lot later. Just trying to determine if it's doable! Thanks!

The times we flew in/out of FLL but sailed out of Miami, I booked the 11:45 flight. We had more than enough time to get to the airport. We uses SAS Shuttle from/to FLL and had no problems at all.

I've done a10:45 but I had to take a cab to get there in time and it wasn't cheap. It was as either that or a 5+ hour wait in the airport. Almost forgot, if its Saturday or Sunday, FLL may be jammed with Oasis and Allure passengers. Best to give yourself more time.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

So you wouldn't recommend an 11:10? We will be coming home on a Sunday. I am going crazy trying to figure this out! The time thing is killing me. But I refuse to spend $1600 for the three of us to fly down! That's half the price of our cruise!!!

So you wouldn't recommend an 11:10? We will be coming home on a Sunday. I am going crazy trying to figure this out! The time thing is killing me. But I refuse to spend $1600 for the three of us to fly down! That's half the price of our cruise!!!

In my experience with cruising, I believe that an 11:10 flight is fine. In fourteen cruises, we have never seen debarkation start later than 7:30.

You never did mention if you are sailing out of Port Everglades or Miami. If it's PE, the port is a five minute ride from the airport. In fact, we were able to see the ships from inside the terminal. If it's Miami, then book a shuttle with SAS Shuttle (ridesas dot com) for $15 PP and reserve an early pick up. Use self assist for debarkation. The ride from PE to MIA is about 25 minutes.

Feel any better? ;)

We had a choice of a cheaper direct 11:35 flt or a 2:25 with a stop but no plane change plus a few $ more. We ended up taking the later flt. I am so thankful that we did. We cruised from Miami as well and FLL airport on debark day was a complete zoo. Everything from airline check-in to the security line, which snaked in and out of the ropes lines and then down a long hallway. The entire airport was a cluster-mess to say the least. If fly in/out of FLL again, I will not look at any return flts before 1pm.

It may just depend on how many ships are in port for both FLL and Mia that day but I would take a later flight to avoid any stress or worry.

JMHO :)

Same experience here with FLL. It used to be the "easy" airport years ago but with one of the RCI behemoths docked at FLL and a bunch of other ships between FLL and POM - it's a mess now. January of this year we waited in the longest security line I've ever seen. It snaked all over the building and took well over an hour to get through security. Add additional time for bag check. They were going around with bullhorns calling flight numbers to see if anyone needed to be moved up since folks were missing flights the lines were so long.

Last flight out of FLL was a Friday. Off the boat in Miami at 8:15 am, self assist. It was after 9 before I cleared Customs. Took Carnival shuttle to FLL. Got there about 10:30 am. It was 45 minutes to get through security.

I would not book anything sooner than 1 pm.

i have a july cruise and i have a 11:40 flight...last year we made it to fll.....by 10:00 oclock.....and we had a 2:00oclock flight...you'll be fine

Last September we docked back in Miami on Sunday, took SAS shuttle to FLL, dropping off friends at their car on the way, checked in, and waited about 2 -1/2 hours for our 11:30 flight. No security lines or check-in lines. We used self-assist debark and the shuttle was waiting for us when we walked out of the terminal.

Archived