Constellation - Transatlantic - Sept, 9, 2006

CelebrityMan

Hi,

My partner & I booked this sailing today. Great itinerary, many more ports of call than the typical Atlantic crossing, doing western Europe, the British Isles, and two of the Canadian Maritimes before ending in NYC (NJ).

It's a 15-night sailing. Good rates being offered at the moment, both on staterooms and r/t air. Celebrity is also offering shipboard credits.

Happy sailings to all,

CM

Hello CM

Thanks for the complement. Chip and I have been partners for about six years and we don’t meet strangers. We love cruising and meeting new friends on each sailing. Our last cruise in October we met some guys from Atlanta as well and they’ll be sailing with us this October on NCL Dream. But the cruise you’re talking about sounds great. Chip and I have never sailed transatlantic but it’s something to think about. It’s not a closed deal but I think we have a cruise the 28th April, it’s business for him and pleasure for me. We have the two booked this fall, one in October and the other in November. With that being said I’m sure I’ll be ready for a cruise in September. Are the good rates closed or are they still available? If not maybe by November I’ll book it while on-board the Zenith. Thanks for the invite, see you there or somewhere.

John

Hi,

Dennis, our sailing in 2006 embarks on the 9th. I believe it's the sailing this fall, 2005, departs on the 10th.

John, glad to see you over here. And you're very welcome to the compliment.

Regarding the good rates, I don't believe they're closed yet. But, I don't know how long they will be open, either. Since we're yet 14 months out from embarkation, I'd think they might remain open for a few more weeks, though.

Would be great to see you aboard. Check with your TA or get acquainted with the future cruise consultant on Zenith.

Happy Sailing, all!

CM

Hi,

My partner & I booked this sailing today. Great itinerary, many more ports of call than the typical Atlantic crossing, doing western Europe, the British Isles, and two of the Canadian Maritimes before ending in NYC (NJ).

It's a 15-night sailing. Good rates being offered at the moment, both on staterooms and r/t air. Celebrity is also offering shipboard credits.

Happy sailings to all,

CM

Did you book this through Pied Piper??

I'm doing this transatlantic this September and I'm thinking of booking it again next year. It's a little bit longer and has a few different ports than this years cruise.

Brad

Hi Brad,

No, we didn't book through Pied Piper, just our regular travel agent. Are they doing a group on this sailing, or just on the sailing you're doing?

Yes, it does look like a very interesting itinerary, far different than the usual transatlantic. And we like the longer sailings, having just done a 15-night through the Canal, Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco in May.

Come on and join us. There's already a very active thread on the Celebrity Connections roll call board.

Wishing you a marvelous time on your crossing this fall.

Cal

Hi Brad,

No, we didn't book through Pied Piper, just our regular travel agent. Are they doing a group on this sailing, or just on the sailing you're doing?

Yes, it does look like a very interesting itinerary, far different than the usual transatlantic. And we like the longer sailings, having just done a 15-night through the Canal, Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco in May.

Come on and join us. There's already a very active thread on the Celebrity Connections roll call board.

Wishing you a marvelous time on your crossing this fall.

Cal

Hi Cal,

Pied is doing the 2006 Transatlantic. They have their prices up on their website. I have to say, I really like the longer itinerarys myself. It really is so much more relaxing than a short one!!

I'm leaving this Saturday for a 3 day Fourth of July cruise out of New York on QM2. Although I'm excited to be going on her again, it is way too short and just a tease. Fortunately I have the Transatlantic in Septmeber to look forward to!

I'm keeping this 2006 itinerary on my list for next year, but I'm thinking that we may now be going to Egypt doing a river cruise down the Nile.

Brad

Hi,

Thanks, Brad, for the info regarding Pied Piper. It's nice to know we'll have a group of 'family' on board.

While I know you'll enjoy the QM2 3-day, that is truly a tease! Some lines do those in the Puget Sound region in the spring and fall, but we resist -- one just gets settled in and is hustled off. LOL

Please keep this sailing on your 2006 list. If Egypt/Nile doesn't work out we'll be here! Or, just treat yourself and do both. ;)

Regards,

CM

Hi,

Thanks, Brad, for the info regarding Pied Piper. It's nice to know we'll have a group of 'family' on board.

While I know you'll enjoy the QM2 3-day, that is truly a tease! Some lines do those in the Puget Sound region in the spring and fall, but we resist -- one just gets settled in and is hustled off. LOL

Please keep this sailing on your 2006 list. If Egypt/Nile doesn't work out we'll be here! Or, just treat yourself and do both. ;)

Regards,

CM

I'd have to admit that I'd really love to be able to do both!!

But I don't think I have enough vacation time to do all that...never mind about the money!!!

The QM2 will be fun but short and at least I'll be heading off to the transatlantic a few months later. I actually have another 7 day cruise on Caribbean Princess in November with my family.

3 cruises in one year is a record for me!! I've really stretched my vacation time out to the last day!! (as well as stretch out my wallet!!)

I'll certainly be keeping the Sep06 cruise on my mind though. My partner wants to do the Egypt trip and he never wants to travel with me, so I think I should be making an effort to do that one. But I haven't made up my mind yet.

Brad

Hi,

Thanks to the 'heads up' from Brad/Gnome I checked out the Pied Piper website.

Yes, indeed Pied Piper lists this cruise. That means there's a great chance we'll have plenty of 'family' aboard. WOO HOO! We'll have to have an FOD get-together right off the bat.

Come along, folks. Book now while the prices are good!

CM

In case you were wondering, I called Pied about a price on a Sky Suite and a Celebrity Suite and the prices are:

Sky Suite: $3,138.04 per persons 1 & 2 , 3 & 4 persons $688.04

(Includes port and taxes)

Celebrity Suite: $3,838.04 per persons 1 & 2 , 3 & 4 persons $688.04

(Includes port and taxes)

I originally thought that I might want to do a suite for this cruise but thats a bunch of money that I could be using to do more than one trip!!

Brad

Larry and I just booked this cruise. We are in cabin 9000 on sky deck...way

at the front of the ship -- cabin faces the helicopter pad.

The cabin is supposed to be larger... if you know anything about these cabins

let me know.

:)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Hey there, glad to welcome the two of you to our little thread!

I'm hoping that all 'family' aboard, whether with the Pied Piper group or not, will find this thread and engage in some active pre-cruise chat. It's a great way to get acquainted.

Looking forward to chatting and meeting.

Cal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Celebrity Man - we just booked this cruise . . . .are you still on it? I'm surprised there hasn't been more activity on this thread . . . .I'm going to continue to search to see if possibly there is another thread for this cruise!

DestCrz

Hi,

Greetings, DESTCRZ! So nice to see that someone else is alive and kicking in this thread. Welcome aboard!!

Yes, I'm very surprised that we haven't had more people sign up, here; especially since this is a sailing on which Pied Piper will have as many as 200 staterooms.

But, given that Cruise Critic is but a minor part of the cruise traveling public, it's not surprising that more of our wider 'family' aren't involved in these boards or on this sailing. This being such a long cruise (which we prefer), some may be afraid of the 'gray hair' factor. Hehehehe. Not us.

We're a couple in our mid-Forties (46/47 — celebrating both birthdays on this sailing) and both in fairly high stress jobs. Taking the longer sailings for rest and relaxation is our strong preference.

And, yes, there is a huge thread for this sailing over in the Celebrity Roll Call section. I'm very involved in that thread, and we're all having a great time chatting, sharing information, and getting cyber-acquainted.

Hope to hear more from you. Feel free to post here or to use the e-mail link in my Cruise Critic profile.

Only 71 days 'til we arrive in London! WOO HOO :)

Cal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings future shipmates! We booked this trip with Pied Piper last Fall and I just found this thread. I've been lurking for months on the multi page roll call thread, and have enjoyed Celebrity Man's posts.

This will be our third Pied Piper and our second Celebrity cruise - we did the Med on the Millenium last summer and had a blast! Prior to Pied Piper we were Holland America loyalists. We like aspects of both, but the "family" groups with Pied Piper make a huge difference. We've kept in touch with people we met from both previous trips.

I've been watching the weather and can't wait for the cool days and nights - we are in Orlando and the heat has been brutal.

Has anyone done Amsterdam as a cruise stop before? We love Amsterdam but have only been there before on land trips. It will be a shame to miss the nightlife...

Hi,

Rex523, what a pleasant surprise to see your post!!!! How delightful you found this thread. The rest of us in the 'family' were beginning to wonder what the heck had happened to all the Pied Piper folk.

Brave man that you are, you actually admit to being a Roll Call lurker? Tsk, tsk, tsk..., 40 lashes with a limp noodle for you!! LOL Jus' teasing! You should post over on the big Roll Call. Don't be shy. They're a delightful group (as I hope you've seen), very warm, welcoming, and accepting. And I KNOW they'd all love the fact we're adding another 'newbie' to our list at this late date.

I hope you've signed up for the Celebrity Connections gathering; and that you know about the get-togethers in London (City Inn Westminster, Milbank Lounge, cocktails at 5:30, Sept. 8th) and at Sail-Away (aft bar, deck 10).

So, come along, now. Tell us a little bit about yourselves....

Looking forward to meeting in person, VERY soon!

CM

I'll add my welcome - REX523!

Cal and I were beginning to think we were going to be the only "guys" on the ship!!!!

Actually, we knew there is supposed to be PP group on board but we figured all of you guys were involved in your own group discussions!!!

Bob and I just booked this cruise about a month ago - we had tried to get on it back in January, but it was showing SOLD OUT! Few weeks back when we saw some cabins starting to open up we grabbed one! Now it looks like there are LOTS of open cabins. Has to be from agencies holding group space . . . .or could just be cancelling at final payment time - regardless, glad you are joining us!

Mike

Archived