Carnival Policy Change?????

takevtr1

When we booked our latest cruise, our PVP gave us a choice between PG and ES. Both were the same price, but ES gives us the price drops until final payment and then OBC or upgrades up until two days. So far we've saved $90! I love our PVP!

well, I was "thinking" along the lines that you were. BUT, I have been using this T.A. for well over 15 years now and she has only bent over back wards for me and my group. So, I am not sure if this issue is the T.A's fault or more with Carnival.

Obviously, if we did not book a rate that allows price drops after final payment, so be it. But for $100 for me and DW, and another $60 for my DS/DW, I am going to push the issue a little.

But I guess this is really beating a dead horse.

At the time of booking, the resident rate was much lower than any other rate offered, and in the long run, I think we did the right thing.

Thanks,

You admit to the Canival policy of no price drops after final unless you book under the early saver promo. What do you mean push the issue. Not your TA's fault.

Can you book resident rates when you book into a group? How about ES?

Bill

Yes you can book any rate you are eligible for into a group rate and not everyone has to have the same rate. The group rate codes are a little more than the individual rates but the amenities more than make up for that. We had everyone booked as early saver and then some could get the military rate as those prices decreased.

i was told by my pvp as well that it was no drops after final due date' date=' not date you make final payment if earlier. This was for past guest rate.[/quote']

you get obc

spends like money on board

Yes you can book any rate you are eligible for into a group rate and not everyone has to have the same rate. The group rate codes are a little more than the individual rates but the amenities more than make up for that. We had everyone booked as early saver and then some could get the military rate as those prices decreased.

kicia,

Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate it .:)

Bill

So they're the same, but different. ;)

i have made final payment for my 8/4 cruise on the valor. 2 weeks later, i had a price drop, for my personally, it was $50pp x 2 people = $100. For others in my group, it was $30pp x 2 people etc.

So i call me trusty t.a. She spent an hour on the phone with carnival and was told no more price drops for me and my group. We had about 4 pre-final payment, all were accepted.

Carnival told my t.a. That they have a new policy - no price drops after final payment.

Does this sound right??? It does not to me.

All i want is obc.

Can i fight this with carnival. My dw thinks so and is drafting a letter to them. Help me before she sends it out.

Thank you.

Mitch......

hi-----fight this with your dumb travel agent------we had a price drop--after final payment on our trip to europe and received--a lot of on board credit----also on our trip on the dream---for oct--1013--another drop---after final payment and received --credit on board--all equal--to the drop----this is something a travel agent will not do----so----book direct thru carnival--they will take good card of you----we have 57 cruises with carnival--and no--no----complaints-------irene and john

hi-----fight this with your dumb travel agent------we had a price drop--after final payment on our trip to europe and received--a lot of on board credit----also on our trip on the dream---for oct--1013--another drop---after final payment and received --credit on board--all equal--to the drop----this is something a travel agent will not do----so----book direct thru carnival--they will take good card of you----we have 57 cruises with carnival--and no--no----complaints-------irene and john

You got all these price drops after final payment due date and you weren't booked with the early saver rate?

I don't understand how you are after final payment for your Dream cruise in October. I thought the final payment dates for the Dream were 75 days?

Bill

What gets really crazy is that some of the rates support amenities and some do not. So if you are in a group and book early saver, you aren't always able to price match dollar for dollar, because if the lower rate didn't support amenities, you have to buy them up. For example, there was a promotion last year called More = Merrier (for 3 or more in a cabin), and strangely enough, the rate was inclusive of the amenities. Overall though, it is a major headache to figure out.

I thought if you make a final payment and it drops you only get onboard credit?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sometimes. We paid in full at booking. Got two price drops ($100 total) a couple of months ago. Carnival decided to refund that to us. We've had more of recent and those are (as of now) OBC. Final payment is due next week, so I'm sure I've seen the last of my drops, but it's all good.

This is correct. Actually, it has been in effect since the first of the year. Only Early Saver can be re-fared after final payment. Many people are upset about this since there are up to 12 booking categories now with all kinds of restrictions.

I have made final payment for my 8/4 cruise on the Valor. 2 weeks later, I had a price drop, for my personally, it was $50pp x 2 people = $100. For others in my group, it was $30pp x 2 people etc.

So I call me trusty T.A. She spent an hour on the phone with carnival and was told no more price drops for me and my group. We had about 4 pre-final payment, all were accepted.

Carnival told my T.A. that they have a NEW policy - no price drops after final payment.

Does this sound right??? It does not to me.

All I want is OBC.

Can I fight this with carnival. My DW thinks so and is drafting a letter to them. Help me before she sends it out.

Thank you.

Mitch......

You admit to the Canival policy of no price drops after final unless you book under the early saver promo. What do you mean push the issue. Not your TA's fault.

I only admit to it after reading all the responses here. I did not know that at the time of booking.

thanks Irene and John.

But I will stick with my T.A. She has DONE more for me over the last 15 yrs and I would not want to lose that. I don't she did anything wrong here. More my not understanding the insane rules that Carnival has.

I would suggest you ask your travel agent that. YMMV.

according to my T.A. - were are booked under the Friends and Family sale. So we must have switched FROM resident rate to F & F at some point over the last 3 months.

Archived