Shore Excursions in Hawaii

shofer

Has anyone taken the helicopter excursion in Hilo? Is it worth the money? We are on Summit in January and would like to see more of the islands than we did the last time. What is your favorite shore excursion in Hawaii?

Perhaps you know of some locals who give good tours, that would be most welcome also.

thanks

Shofer - there is quite a bit about this topic on the Hawaii board - we are planning on doing the Heli trip from Hilo too so I'm also interested in this topic! There is also a thread going about 'best excursions' which may interest you... Try doing a search with "Hilo and helicopter" on the Hawaii Board and I think you'll get more info than you even want!!! (forgive me if you've already done that ;) ...) Jayna K

We've sailed NCL last year, and been to the Hawaiian Islands a few times. Basically all the ships shore trips are expensive. The Helis are expensive. We stayed on the Big Island for a week before the cruise, and drove to the Hawaii VOlcn Nat Park, stayed late, hiked and walked across the Lava field, and saw molten lava oozing out of the ground. Most incredible sight you're see. Recommend renting a car in every port, Hilo is often wet, the west side is drier. The Nat Park is unpredictable. On Maui, we drove up to the Halekeala Nat Park ,10,000 feet with a rental, hiked around. Many took the bike ride down, looked like fun. Maui is quite developed like Oahu, have to get outside the main towns. Traffic jams. Kauai is our favourite, go up to the Kalalau lookout, kayking is fun as well. On Oahu, we'

ve seen Pearl Harb before, but if you haven't a good idea, Poly village-touristy. we love hiking and actually took a city bus for $2 to Diamond Head State Park, hiked up for an incredible view back to Waikiki Beach. Watch your valuables at Waikiki, we saw a camera stolen.

Aloha!

Going on Infinity in November, has anyone on this board done a Celebrity shore tour of the Culteral Centre ?

Understand it is a long ride, and the tour last all day, is it worth the cost and the time?

Cannot do this on my own, I am a senior who travels solo.

Archived