Port day with teens ?

• 2 months later...

I just sent Golden Eagle an inquiry on the Sail, Snorkel and Beach Excursion but noticed they only do it on Wednesday. I'm there on the Carnival Valor on a Saturday. I hope they can accomodate us. The only thing it doesn't say if they stop at Maho Beach for the planes. I definately have to go there while I'm in St. Martin.

I just sent Golden Eagle an inquiry on the Sail, Snorkel and Beach Excursion but noticed they only do it on Wednesday. I'm there on the Carnival Valor on a Saturday. I hope they can accomodate us. The only thing it doesn't say if they stop at Maho Beach for the planes. I definately have to go there while I'm in St. Martin.

Well I heard back from Golden Eagle and they don't do any excursions on Saturday. I'm surprised with a cruise ship in port, they don't want the business :(

Well I heard back from Golden Eagle and they don't do any excursions on Saturday. I'm surprised with a cruise ship in port, they don't want the business :(

It does seem odd. However, there is another thread on this board that there will be 9 ships in port on a given day. the tour operators are likely getting all the business they can handle. They can choose when they want to work.

The Golden Eagle has a great reputation on the island and there prices have gone up this year as compared to last so business must be good. It's a very well run operation.

It does seem odd. However, there is another thread on this board that there will be 9 ships in port on a given day. the tour operators are likely getting all the business they can handle. They can choose when they want to work.

I have been on the Golden Eagle on a full day sail with absolutely no cruisers. It's been around for years and does really well even in the summer when there are only 5 ships in per week. I think a lot of there business is from land vacationers. Most cruise ships are not in port long enough so cruisers can take the full day sails.

Looking for suggestions on our port day, we will have 3 teenagers and a 21 yr old with us, would like to go out on a boat, possible snorkel trip ? Don't want to rent a car, looking for any suggestions

Rent a couple of boats and tour the lagoon on your own. It's inexpensive and fun. We tied up in Marigot and went to the Marigot Market and Saraphinas bakery. After that take a short taxi ride to Simpson Bay beach and have lunch on the beach at Karakter or take a taxi to Maho and see the planes land and take off.

Archived