Entertainment Reservations Oct 5 Oasis of the Seas

I did a quick search last night when I was helping a friend with her online check-in and entertainment reservations, but the search pulled up info from 2010, so I am looking for the latest and greatest.

We pulled up the entertainment schedule for Oasis of the Seas and we saw that their are both early and late performances of Hairspray, however only two of the late performances showed as available to reserve.

The info from 2010 said that for good seating you need a reservation, but if you don't mind sitting further back or in the balcony that usually you can just walk in. Meaning that they seat the reservations first, but that the theater is not filled when the reservations are filled.

Is this the case? If they don't see a time that appeals to them for a reservation, can they take a chance on doing a walk-in on another time?

Also, how would this apply to the Ice Show, Aqua Show and the other Musical review? They are not night owls and just worried at the 10:30 showings for some shows are just too late.

Thanks,

Seating for shows opens for non-reservations about 10 minutes before showtime. There will be a line for people without reservations. Usually, you can get in without a reservation. The exception to this is the comedy show because the venue is very small. However, there are multiple times for the comedy show. You can also check when you board to see if the times that are preferred have open reservations.

I did a quick search last night when I was helping a friend with her online check-in and entertainment reservations, but the search pulled up info from 2010, so I am looking for the latest and greatest.

We pulled up the entertainment schedule for Oasis of the Seas and we saw that their are both early and late performances of Hairspray, however only two of the late performances showed as available to reserve.

The info from 2010 said that for good seating you need a reservation, but if you don't mind sitting further back or in the balcony that usually you can just walk in. Meaning that they seat the reservations first, but that the theater is not filled when the reservations are filled.

Is this the case? If they don't see a time that appeals to them for a reservation, can they take a chance on doing a walk-in on another time?

Also, how would this apply to the Ice Show, Aqua Show and the other Musical review? They are not night owls and just worried at the 10:30 showings for some shows are just too late.

Thanks,

We are actually on the same cruise. Reservations opened a couple of weeks ago so they may be filling up. I would reserve what you can for them so they at least have a reservation but they can still try walking in to the showtime they prefer. My experience has been when you are on a ship, even if you are not night owls, you can stay up much later than normal so they might even be able to plan on going to one or two of the later shows rather than missing them completely.

I also attached the updated entertainment schedule for the cruise.

Have your friends check in with our roll call for the cruise to see what else is happening.

Oasis Show times.pdf

We are actually on the same cruise. Reservations opened a couple of weeks ago so they may be filling up. I would reserve what you can for them so they at least have a reservation but they can still try walking in to the showtime they prefer. My experience has been when you are on a ship' date=' even if you are not night owls, you can stay up much later than normal so they might even be able to plan on going to one or two of the later shows rather than missing them completely.

I also attached the updated entertainment schedule for the cruise.

Have your friends check in with our roll call for the cruise to see what else is happening.[/quote']

So I'm on the Nov 2nd Oasis and trying to figure out when show time reservations open. I thought it was 90 days, but if you guys are early October that would be early July....and you're saying they opened a couple weeks ago?

Am also on this sailing and show reservations opened for booking on Jun 11th..Looks like this cruise has booked up fast so not surprised the shows are as well...Cruzn' Fool is correct..best of luck once onboard...as you never know...Nice of you to be helping out..I'm usually that friend too ;):)

So I'm on the Nov 2nd Oasis and trying to figure out when show time reservations open. I thought it was 90 days, but if you guys are early October that would be early July....and you're saying they opened a couple weeks ago?

I guess there is never an exact science on how it works. I was just lucky that I subscribed to our roll call and the day they came open a fellow cruiser posted it there. I, like you, thought it was 90 days or so out so I had it on my calendar to check on it next week......I would have been disappointed.

Other than subscribing to your roll call, It might be best to check every day or as many days in a row as you can until they open up. I don't think it would make or break my cruise if I had to wait in line to see if I could get in on the night of the show but it sure is nice knowing I don't have to do that. I hate waiting in general and definately don't want to do it on vacation if I don't have to.

I guess there is never an exact science on how it works. I was just lucky that I subscribed to our roll call and the day they came open a fellow cruiser posted it there. I' date=' like you, thought it was 90 days or so out so I had it on my calendar to check on it next week......I would have been disappointed.

Other than subscribing to your roll call, It might be best to check every day or as many days in a row as you can until they open up. I don't think it would make or break my cruise if I had to wait in line to see if I could get in on the night of the show but it sure is nice knowing I don't have to do that. I hate waiting in general and definately don't want to do it on vacation if I don't have to.[/quote']

I did subscribe, thanks for the info!

Archived