Baltimore cruisers! Let's start a PETITION to get us a ship!!

albether7

What do you think... Lay down and whine:o or do something????

Here's the deal...Anyone willing to "pony up" and let Carnival here what we're saying!!!

I'll start: Carnival bring Baltimore a ship!!

1. Al Bether

Here's the deal...Anyone willing to "pony up" and let Carnival here what we're saying!!!

1. Al Bether

2. Ellen Murphy

agreed

1. Al Bether

After reading that the only bright spot in Carnival's earnings announced this week was their ability to cut fuel costs, I'm wondering if they haven't cut Baltimore due to the fuel cost to reach ports in the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

After reading that the only bright spot in Carnival's earnings announced this week was their ability to cut fuel costs, I'm wondering if they haven't cut Baltimore due to the fuel cost to reach ports in the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

Did I miss something? Carnival has Baltimore itineraries open.

You have a ship. Grandeur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went on the ship a few years ago from Baltimore to Bermuda. It was a great cruise and I loved the ship, but I prefer Carnival! I did book the Pride for 2/2/14 from Baltimore!

. . . if the market dictates a move, as in this case. The Pride's itineraries from Baltimore were the worst possbile. Even for a rock-bottom price one requires some inspiration.

These things happen. At least Baltimore is not a beggar like Norfolk, which has been trying to justify its cruise terminal ever since the costly complex was buit. If you build, they don't come.

The long and boring voyage up and down the Chesapeake is one of Baltimore's minuses. For that reason, there should be some compensation in the itinerary. RCL handles that well, offering white-bread itineraries.

Celebrity used to sail out of Baltimore - many years ago. I sailed on her X2 and it is a different experience than Carnival. On the Baltimore news tonight they talked about Maryland officials in talks with other Cruise lines. The Pride is still in Baltimore for another 16 - 17 months. That will give enough people on the area time to cruise with her.

Lets all face the facts.. CCL doesn't care about any port.. They are in the money making business and if that means moving all the ships to the south thats what they will do... NCL has moved alot of ships to Miami for this very reason.. saves fuel

On the Baltimore news tonight they talked about Maryland officials in talks with other Cruise lines.

Officials from the city of Mobile meet with cruise line officials and attend all the trade shows constantly, but it's likely that cruising from Mobile is over. It's the new reality in this day and time, that the economy and new environmental regulations have made a return to the high times of the early 2000's highly unlikely.

Lets all face the facts.. CCL doesn't care about any port.. They are in the money making business and if that means moving all the ships to the south thats what they will do... NCL has moved alot of ships to Miami for this very reason.. saves fuel

They can scoot in and out of the coming new clean fuel zones in a very short time, from south Florida. It wouldn't surprise me to see Carnival eventually pull out of Charleston and pull one ship each from NOLA and Galveston, too.

Thanks or the article. So all ships will have to comply with EPA in 2015.

Yuppers. RCI got a waiver because their newer ships have the technology, so the EPA averaged their byproduct across the fleet, instead of by ship. CCL doesn't have this technology and couldn't get the waiver.

. . . if the market dictates a move' date=' as in this case. The Pride's itineraries from Baltimore were the worst possbile. Even for a rock-bottom price one requires some inspiration.

These things happen. At least Baltimore is not a beggar like Norfolk, which has been trying to justify its cruise terminal ever since the costly complex was buit. If you build, they don't come.

The long and boring voyage up and down the Chesapeake is one of Baltimore's minuses. For that reason, there should be some compensation in the itinerary. RCL handles that well, offering white-bread itineraries.[/quote']

Although the Prides Itineraries were terrible the ship was still full most of the time because of the population in the area. People factor less desirable ports to save 1 grand in flights (like myself).

Regardless. How about dem O's. Have a good rally going on right now.

7 Days Bahamas

Carnival Cruise Lines • Carnival Pride

Baltimore, Port Canaveral, Nassau, Bahamas/Freeport, Baltimore

29 departure dates: Aug 4, 18, Sep 1, 15, 29, Oct 13, 20, 27, Nov 10, 17, 24, Dec 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 2013, Jan 5, 12, Feb 16, 23, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, Apr 6, 20, 27, May 11, 25 2014

Inside from

$329

$47 per day

OceanView from

$389

$56 per day

Balcony from

$419

$60 per day

Suite from

$819

$117 per day

Just heard the news today that Carnival was pulling the Pride out in November 2014 and moving it to Tampa. I have sailed the Pride twice now and enjoyed every time. The price is right, the itinerary is fair, and the convenience of the Port of Baltimore is super (I only live 20 miles from the port). It is a shame that they have made this decision when the ship sails every Sunday with nearly a full load of passengers. Maybe Carnival will reconsider or another cruise line will come in to take its place. We have RCCL Grandeur but it is always good to have multiple options.

I think it would be more effective to let the EPA hear what we are saying about its regulation(s) that sent the Pride packing.

I think it would be more effective to let the EPA hear what we are saying about its regulation(s) that sent the Pride packing.

Agreed, this one is the EPA's fault. If you are going to petition anyone, it should be them.

Carnival moves the Pride to Tampa in Nov of 2014.

This will not happen. Governor O'Malley will see to that. This is no more than politics as usual. The EPA's stricter air pollution standards for cruise ships sailing within US waters does pose a threat to profits for the Cruise Lines. However, Carnival has made proposals to improve the Pride's pollution footprint. Their threat to move the Pride to Tampa is only to insure that the government pays attention and grants them their exemption that they have applied for. Maryland would lose 220 jobs and 90 million in revenue if the EPA does not grant the waiver or make other accomodations. Do you think O'Malley will let this happen? He has already started pulling strings in Washington. And he does have political pull inside that beltway.

Archived