Epic cabin selection

mamoune

Here is a link to an old thread that has photos of both versions of Epic balconies - bed by the door, bed by the balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1742531&highlight=epic+bed+next+to+balcony

Post #31 in that thread says

"If you look on the deck plan if the circle or wave is closer to the balcony than the bed is next to the balcony. Like cabin 9083 bed is next to balcony the cabins on either side have the beds next to the bathroom."

Look at one of the Epic deck plans and you'll see the difference - - attached is link to Norwegians Epic deck plan. Click on a room number to bring up the magnifying glass making the numbers readable. Take a look at 9083 mentioned above - bed is by the balcony.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/decks/2/9#tab_detail

Our first Epic cruise we booked a stern stateroom with bed next to balcony. This time we have a B6 stateroom on a bump out, again with bed next to the balcony.

We really loved our cabin 12241 that had an extra large balcony - with 2 reclining loungers, two normal chairs and a small table on the balcony. It was only a little more $ than a normal balcony. Our bed was by the door.

When we were on the Epic, we had an aft balcony cabin, with the bed closer to the door. I knew it wasn't the "best" arrangement, but honestly, we were perfectly happy with it. The only possibly complaint was that with someone standing at the sink, there wasn't really room to walk past them, but you can always crawl over the bed. ;)

• 1 month later...
We really loved our cabin 12241 that had an extra large balcony - with 2 reclining loungers, two normal chairs and a small table on the balcony. It was only a little more $ than a normal balcony. Our bed was by the door.

I read on another thread that someone had a complaint with a terrible vibration in cabin 12241 - so much so that the NCL staff agreed and moved them to another cabin. This was during a June or July sailing this year I believe.

I have this room booked for next June, and of course if this is an issue, now would be the time to change cabins.

I would appreciate any information you may have to share regarding this. Also I have tried to find photos of the inside of the cabin (have found pictures of the balcony) but have been unsuccessful thus far. If you could point me in the direction of any cabin photos for 12241 I would be greatly appreciative. I have my email information in my signature line.

Regards,

Archived