Breakaway about to depart Bermuda

VickiD59

it appears they left on time and so did the other ship (summit?). I wonder how many late people there were

edit: where is the summit going, it looks like it is going in the opposite direction then the breakaway..Hmm

I noticed according to AIS data that both the Summit and breakaway go around towards st george and turn around north. Any clue why this is done instead of heading up north directly from kings wharf?

x3wzrn.png

I noticed according to AIS data that both the Summit and breakaway go around towards st george and turn around north. Any clue why this is done instead of heading up north directly from kings wharf?

x3wzrn.png

There are reefs surrounding Bermuda, the passage taken has been cleared of reefs. Simply put the ocean is deep enough with the path they use.

Keep us updated. I am glued to my seat with antiicipation.

Tune in every Wed morning around 6:30am ET for arrival and every Friday around 5:00pm ET for departure - and of course all the hours in between while it's docked there. I'm addicted too ;)

x3wzrn.png

Reefs

Take a look at google maps https://maps.google.com/?ll=32.328337,-64.805603&spn=0.1349,0.264187&t=h&z=13

You can see how about 1/2 of the island is surround by shallow reefs. Actually the whole this is the top of an old volcano

Archived