Which would you do?

ktbmhb

I'm between Cave tubing and Zip lining. Which would you do? If you've done either one before have you used the cruise line or a local place? Which place would you recommend? I'm sooo torn! I'm really not into water sports but find this interesting. I've jumped out of an airplane before but that was 15yrs ago.

I need your experience. Also, I've been reading that the ride out to the excursions is very long. Will that sway my decision?

Thanks for all your help!

You can float in a tube anywhere ( maybe not in a cave though). And zipline anywhere as well. Belize City is different than most places, not a touristy beachy place. Awesome architecture, cool history, friendly folks. We tend to wander into town ( looks rough, but only in appearance). Chat with locals, eat local ( like at Neries). Visit the old churches, the museum. Drink some belikins, eat gibnut, pound down some jelly-rolls, buy some Marie Sharps hot sauce and experience the unique port.

Only wish more ports were like this and less Cozumel/Nassau touristy and less boring HMC and Turk sand pits.

If I had to choose between your choices...tubes....pretty lush rural areas near the caves and many of the tub lines offer a traditional meal.

Good idea! :)

Do you have any suggestions on a tour that does both?

LuLu

~~~~

I have read some reviews on here about cavetubing dot bz that does both. I think it's $75 per person.

Hello!

I've never been to Belize, but I'm going in August. We are doing the cave tubing in Belize with .bz and ziplining in Roatan (thinking Pirates of the Caribbean). I've read on CC that the ziplining is not as good in Belize as it is in Roatan. Just something to think about - hoping someone with actual experience will chime in.

I can tell you that .bz does both. However, the ziplining they offer (which is the same as other companies there beside the cave tubing area) is with another company and not owned by them. You do the tubing with .bz and then they take you to the zip lining next door (ran by someone else) and you zip. It's only about 5 zip lines I believe? We decided to pass on it (we had zip lined in Roatan before and had no desire to only zip 5 small lines). I was told by .bz they are currently making their own zip line so that they will be able to offer a better price. His house is right down the road from the tubing (which is where you eat lunch) and I believe they said it was going to be on their property as well when finished. :) You can read my .bz cavetubing reviews in my signature line if interested.

I'm between Cave tubing and Zip lining. Which would you do? If you've done either one before have you used the cruise line or a local place? Which place would you recommend? I'm sooo torn! I'm really not into water sports but find this interesting. I've jumped out of an airplane before but that was 15yrs ago.

I need your experience. Also, I've been reading that the ride out to the excursions is very long. Will that sway my decision?

I did the cave tubing on an excursion with Royal Caribbean and did not enjoy the experience. They put you on your tube and they gave you a hat with a light on it and it was so dark in the cave that even with the light you could see nothing. Maybe others do it differently, but tubing in the dark unable to see the interior of the cave just wasn't that much fun IMHO.

We did both and loved it!

We used VIV Tours. Their tubes have headrests and bottoms which make them nicer. They also clip together, so you don't have to hold on to anyone's ankles while going through the cave. They also offered a really nice buffet lunch with their combo tour. We would definitely use them again.

Archived