Onboard Booking

camper49

If i book on board..at a PG rate..is the booking treated the same as if i waited and booked directly with Carnival from home?? Could i change dates etc. and still keep the OBC??

We booked onboard this past January for our B2B next January. We did book ES so no changes.

However, I've also heard through CC about others booking 3 day cruises with smaller deposit and then changing it a month or 2 down the road to a 7 day and paying the increased deposit.

I hope to go prepared for 2015 and book while onboard our 2014 B2B. Ken says, "Why not? You'll probably book the day we get home anyway."

I did have exactly what we wanted to book for 2014 when we boarded our 2013 cruise so I was prepared. Booked it on the first day of our 2nd cruise when the loyalty desk opened. It gets very busy the last couple of days.

Yes, you can book any cruise you want onboard and then change to a different cruise. We booked a 3 day cruise with a 50% deposit that I knew I was not going to take. When we decided on a cruise a few weeks later I called Carnival and they had to make the change. The booking number stays the same but the other info changes. When we booked the new cruise it was after final payment so we had to pay the whole thing anyway so the loss of the 50% deposit didn't mean anything to us.

Remember to book a refundable fare and not early saver. You have to make the change before the final payment date of the cruise you booked onboard or else you'll incur cancellation penalties. You can cancel the cruise and get your deposit back just like any other cruise.

Book a short cruise about a year or so out, preferably with a 50% deposit, and you're good to go. Just remember - make sure you book a refundable fare and make the change before final payment.

If you book with a TA they will have to make the change for you. When you pick the "real" cruise you can then change the rate code to early saver, or any other rate that you qualify for.

The biggest difference between booking this way and using the old future cruise certificates is that you have to pay a deposit and not just the $100. You still get the same OBC and you get two friends and family vouchers for anyone sailing on the same cruise with you and if they book within 60 days of when you do.

Glad to hear reviews on someone who has done this. This is our plans in November. Were planning to book a 15 day to Hawaii for 2015. As of yet the dates have not open. If they do open before we cruise. I will book the rooms I want. Then have my PVP cancel the day I leave so I can rebook while on the cruise. Hate doing it this way, but since they went away from the FCC, you don't have much choice. I truly HATE this new way!!

I have booked on board several times. Until a few weeks ago I would have told you it was a great and easy process. I booked 2 cruises onboard the Splendor. I spent my last night tracking down and discussing the problem with a very nasty guest services gal and the future cruise expert--of which he was no expert. I booked specific rooms, placed my deposit down and he said he would have all the paper work delivered to my room by early afternoon. About 7 the last night I started getting worried about my paper work so called guest services-that was the start of a mess that lasted until around 11 and even after I returned. I have always been given my papers as I booked and could look them over. he said that is not he way he does it. Well it should be. He came to my door after guest services called him with my papers and an apology. He had paid off one of the cruises in full and the other charged the right deposit. I was assured that he would get this fixed but that my credit card would have this as a hold then charge and then the credit would be applied. Okay not ideal but I was ok with it. Some might have it as a problem if their card had a small limit. He left I looked at my papers. Not the right rooms and it was for a b2b and we had discussed what room I wanted for both cruises at length. Off to guest services where the nasty lady came into play. I was standing in the platinum line and she came over to help me. Obviously I have cruised a time or two with CCl but was treated as I knew nothing and I was a flea on her radar! She said she would page the guy so I asked if she could have him come to my room so I could do some packing. Her answer "NO". I then asked again-she said no-"sit". Finally about 20 min later he came and I explained the problem. he said he would fix this. Finally about 11 it was fixed--or so I thought. I had 1 day turn around time after the cruise before going out of the country again. I checked about the credit with my company. he did not credit my account but instead charged another deposit. I spent hours with Carnival trying to get it straightened out. Now that I am back in the country I have checked and it is finally cleared up. Moral of this very long story--caution before booking this way and if you do book this way-make sure you see the papers before you leave the desk!

Archived