Can we make it?

Sonchyne4U

We are doing the Celebrity Constellation 5 nighter on December 9th. My question is: if I booked a departure flight from Ft. Lauderdale at 10:15 a.m., will we have any problem getting to the airport in time. I know usually, we end up standing around the airport forever. If I can't make the 10:15 flight, we will have to wait around until very late afternoon. Do you think it can be done?

There's always risk of the ship being held up by clearing customs, and IF that happens, you might not make it. However, most of the time that doesn't happen. I'd be sure to take your own luggage off ( self assist debark). I assume your flying out of FLL? If so, this will make it easier as the airport is close by. If your traveling to Miami, I'd say no way. That place is a madhouse. You still don't have a very big margin for error from FLL.

We have a 12:45 pm return flight out of FLL with our Oasis cruise-- that's the earliest I felt comfortable with, but as long as your one of the first off, I would say you'll be ok!

Good Luck!:)

Can you make it? Sure

Will you make it? Maybe

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your return flight? :confused:

For a 10:15 flight you should be at FLL by 8:45, which means clear of customs with bags and in a cab by 8:30. I would not risk it, but if you carry your bags off the ship you have a good chance of making the flight.

Good luck! :)

That's a little early ...if you said 10:45, I'd say go for it. That being said, that time of year is not exceptionally busy. If you are saving a lot of money as well the time, you might chance it. But on that short of cruise, I'd probably be worrying the whole day before. Is it worth that? Better know what you will do if you miss the flight. Will there be any seats available on the later flight?

If all goes as scheduled onboard at arrival, you can do it. We've been at the airport by 8:30 with no delays.

You have a decision to make.:o

Don't do it.

Reading the cruise line boards I have seen where disembarkation is taking longer because of sequester.

When you arrive back to Port Everglades you will be one of seven ships in port.

I would just not do this and if you do you will spend most of your cruise worrying about it if you are the type who doesn't like stress.

Keith

Does anyone ever search the forums? I wonder how many posts we get on this very subject.

To the OP, sorry, not singling you out, this is a very common question. To answer you, I would not do this. Go somewhere and have a nice long lunch and take a later flight.

BlueHerons as you know on the Florida Board we get this question several times a week. It comes up on this board every few weeks. On the cruise line boards every day.

Of course we know on the Florida Board that each day we are asked for hotels to stay at in Fort Lauderdale and Miami one or more times each day and the same goes for how do I get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami.

Oh well.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Keith

JohninDC put it well.

I'd just add that stressing out and rushing to make a flight is not my idea of a pleasant way to end a vacation. But I'm used to spending time sitting in airports.

BlueHerons as you know on the Florida Board we get this question several times a week. It comes up on this board every few weeks. On the cruise line boards every day.

Of course we know on the Florida Board that each day we are asked for hotels to stay at in Fort Lauderdale and Miami one or more times each day and the same goes for how do I get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami.

Oh well.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Keith

I can't help it Keith. I'm weary.

Archived