Thanks for answering our questions.

The inclusive drinks package does seem to be a good idea, but the prices charged for it seem to range from the overly generous to the completely outrageous.

It seems that what should be a standard service offering is being used as a promotional incentive, resulting in the widely different prices over time.

Do you intend to continue using this as a marketing tool rather than as a normal service item?

Also have you now got enough data to settle on a realistic price for this service?

Also, a related question, along with the introduction of the inclusive package, the staff who previously circulated in the show lounge taking orders and delivering drinks were withdrawn (Braemar - March). Net result is that everyone had to go to the bar and carry drinks back.

Given the age profile of the typical customers, this is not really a practical proposition for many.

Staff on-board had no answer for this and apologised for the lack of service available but said they had been instructed to withdraw the previous level of service.

• 3 weeks later...
I paid £39.99 each for hubby and I for the all insclusive - annoyed that other passengers paid a lot less, and to rub salt into the wound, as I don't drink pepsi I had to pay for diet coke :eek:

I tried to cancel the drinks package well in advance as I got word to go into hospital the day after we arrived back - and FO wanted £100 to cancel - sorry it doesn't cost £100 to press a button on a computer to cancel would take less than a min for the admin work that needed to be done :( :mad:

Thank you for your feedback. The ‘all-inclusive’ drinks package normal price is £29 per person per night and £39 per person per night on mini-cruises. This is a competitive price with regards to other cruise lines – Cruise Critic has done their own survey and you’ll see many similar packages are over $50 per day. From time-to-time, we will run promotions to encourage late or early bookings, with deals on the ‘all-inclusive’ drinks package. For example, we are currently offering a £10 per person per night ‘all-inclusive’ drinks package on 2013 summer cruises which is amazing value and stimulates cruise bookings.

On the Braemar cruise where the entire ship was All-inclusive (one of just four cruises), we found demand for drinks in the Neptune Lounge reached levels where we were unable to offer our usual table service and we requested those who wish to have a free drink to ask at the bar. As the show lasts just 45mins, we hope anyone unable to request a drink before sitting down, would soon be served after the show if they were unable to reach the bar.

A comment on the threads: Coca-cola and Diet Coke should not be available to purchase onboard as we are tied to Pepsi. Water is included in the All-inclusive package at all bars (but is charged in cabins and public areas). Lime juice should be included?

Archived