NCL Dolphin encounter in Costa Maya

bguppies

Just curious how the Dolphin encounter in Costa Maya rates versus the Dolphin encounter in Cozumel at Chankanaab or the NCL Dolphin encounter in Roatan. (and where is the NCL encounter in Roatan at?)

Trying to get a family member the best one from the 3 ports, since they have never done an encounter yet.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

The one in Costa Maya is pitiful in my opinion. Not sure how great the experience is, but I walked over to the location just to see the dolphins. They are in a tiny cement enclosure - surprised this is legal and not being boycotted. I'm not even remotely an animal activist and I think these enclosures are abusive.

The one in Costa Maya is pitiful in my opinion. Not sure how great the experience is, but I walked over to the location just to see the dolphins. They are in a tiny cement enclosure - surprised this is legal and not being boycotted. I'm not even remotely an animal activist and I think these enclosures are abusive.

I'm used to bigger places like Blue Lagoon in Nassau or Chankanaab in Cozumel...

I guess I'll have the family try the one in Roatan.

Bill

Chankanaab dolphin place is wonderful. Most people highly recommend it and enjoy it. (Not to mention your admission price to the swim includes admission to the park). I have 2 reviews of Chankanaab and 1 of our dolphin swim from there in my signature (clickable links). The grounds there are beautiful (it's a National Park and so much to do there other than just the swims).

Costa Maya port dolphin swim is pittyful and if you do a search, you will find others that have done the swim and were very disappointed. They said some times the dolphins won't even interact with you and they get nothing accomplished as far as swimming with them. I do believe they charge a lot more for their swims as well.

I have several pictures of the small enclosure at the Costa Maya place. VERY small!!!!

PC170160-M.jpg

PC170163-M.jpg

Arial view of the Costa Maya dolphin area

costamaya_zps08f1e3aa.jpg

Chankanaab dolphin area

google-M.jpg

Archived