Child hurt on Sensation airlifted to Arnold Palmer hospital

im4clowns

Just saw that a child was hurt in an accident on our local news. Happened on the Sensation. They air lifted the child to Arnold Palmer hospital here in Orlando. No other details but I hope the little one is ok.

Hopefully he will be ok, the article said it was done as an abundance of caution so it sounds like he will be ok. The media will job on this to bash Carnival some more, like kids don't get hurt in everyday life :rolleyes:.

I hope the little boy is ok. It does say that it was done as a precaution so hopefully it was minor. Also luckily it was at the end of their cruise and no worries of having to get home from a foreign country. Hope all is well though.

The article said he was released from the hospital and going home with his family. I tell us, between people running and tripping, and people falling off balconies, I'm a little nervous for my own rambunctious kids. I'm going to give them a good talk!

I don't understand holding them in the on board infirmary for the remainder of the cruise and THEN airlifting them once on land. Seems to me if they are bad enough to need to be airlifted they would do it while at sea.

It is for me! It reminded me to drill my kids one more time about safety onboard!

Yes!! This cruise is a surprise to my 9 year old nephew but you better believe that one onboard we are going to be sitting him down to go over some serious stuff!!

I don't understand holding them in the on board infirmary for the remainder of the cruise and THEN airlifting them once on land. Seems to me if they are bad enough to need to be airlifted they would do it while at sea.

We had a teenager on the Dream that on a dare, jumped from the deck above the pool to try to make it in the pool....he was airlifted due to a compound fracture to his leg and from what I understand other broken bones as well. Not life threatening, but more medical attention needed than what the nurses in the infirmary could handle. His mother was airlifted as well. Had that been my kid, he would have had a lot more than broken bones to deal with for ruining my cruise!

We had air evac's two nights in a row on that cruise. The first night was an elderly gentleman who suffered a heart attack.

I was going to post this on the "man falling from the railing" thread but it's been locked. I certainly hope both families had trip insurance. Families have to deal with the aftermath of tragedies and one less burden is good.

Not to sound snooty, but that hospital is crammed into a busy, busy traffic area in Orlando. Probably much easier that way.

I don't understand holding them in the on board infirmary for the remainder of the cruise

and THEN airlifting them once on land.

Seems to me if they are bad enough to need to be airlifted they would do it while at sea.

Just the other day I read that a MediVac at sea costs $ 30,000.

And that's just for the ride ashore! ;)

Sure you want/need to afford that kinda taxi ride?

Or should we keep him on board for a few days until a "less expensive" alternative can be arranged?

It is for me! It reminded me to drill my kids one more time about safety onboard!

YOu can drill them all day, everyday. Tell them sternly and seriously a couple of times and especially right before the cruise and be done with it. Things happen all of the time. Sounds like an accident. Not an on purpose. Looking forward to boarding the Sensation in exactly one month with our two kids who will be cruising for the first time. So glad to hear the child is o.k. and home from the hospital. This is no more news than any other child accident that can happen IMO.

Not to sound snooty, but that hospital is crammed into a busy, busy traffic area in Orlando. Probably much easier that way.

Definitely doesn't sound snooty, makes perfect sense. If the kid needs to be hospitalized, they can provide most of that service in the infirmary and in the on-shore hospital. But time in transportation between the two they don't really have what they may need. The 45 min drive + traffic could have been a big problem.

Glad they have been released and hope they are doing well.

People trip and fall everyday ...he's already been released from the hospital..is this really news?

my thoughts exactly. I have seen people trip, slip, fall all the time on my cruises (yes media, even royal caribbean) heck i saw somebody dislocate a shoulder and break a leg on the flow rider on the freedom of the seas. I constantly see kids running around when the decks are wet. I see parents tell their child, no running, kids dont like to listen. hearing that the child is released from the hospital, im sure he is ok (great news!).

Archived