A review of the Celebrity Infinity Iceland and Norway June cruise by a first ti

RobandJames

Uktog, thanks for your information. If you had to decide again, having seen Myvatn, would you still decide to do that trip? Or would you settle for the Godafoss trip?

Geospyder, we appreciate your point. We normally prefer to do independent excursions, since we are often able to do a little more in the same time, and also because the groups are often smaller. We may, in this case decide to bow to the rather difficult circumstances and try to book the ship's tour - but I'd be interested to know how Uktog judges the overall attractiveness of the tour. In other words, is it really worth the hassle from the point of view of the scenery?

Thanks for your advice,

Morven

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Godafoss is well worth visiting since you can get "up close and personal". We visited an old village but had no other time to see anything else. The views driving back from Godafoss were spectacular.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I loved your review of the Iceland trip, we were on the same cruise, but I must tell you that if you never left the port area on the Faroe Island stop then you missed a great deal. While the harbour was pretty it pales in beauty to the rest of the Island.

I loved your review of the Iceland trip, we were on the same cruise, but I must tell you that if you never left the port area on the Faroe Island stop then you missed a great deal. While the harbour was pretty it pales in beauty to the rest of the Island.

Can I ask which excursion you did in the Faroe Islands? We are on this cruise next year and would appreciate any recommendations :).

Can I ask which excursion you did in the Faroe Islands? We are on this cruise next year and would appreciate any recommendations :).

We did the ships excursion in the afternoon (gave us all morning to explore Torshavn on our own). We then did Faroes Panoramic (several great photo stops on mountain roads and by lakes)and a visit to a wood turner. The wood turner was a genuine craftsman and a treat to watch. There was a little opportunity to buy (not cheap and he does not take cards) or you could walk the beach by his cottage

Archived