LOBSTER QUESTION...any info helpful!!

vicnkojo

Hi everyone!!:D . I have read that on 2 Ncl Breakaway cruises 6/23 and 6/30 , that there was no Lobster on the first night in the Main Dining room, only on the buffet in the Garden Cafe on the 2nd night. Is this an across the" NCL thing " going on, or just on the breakaway?

as the 6/23 thread stated it was a supply shortage, but the 6/30 thread stated possibly a definite change.

Just so I will decide on whether to eat in the MDR, or book a specialty dining, because like most of us Cruisers, we "LOVE" a great evening meal to make a special start to the beginning of a vacation.

Thanks everyone!!!!:)

We sailed on Breakaway on June 2, where there was definitely lobster on night 1. In fact our party of 4 each had 2! I cannot imagine (short of supply issues) that NCL would intentionally abandon such a tradition.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Could somebody please link to the thread for the 6/30 cruise (that has not even ended yet :D)?

I've only seen threads from people already home from their cruise on 6/23 but it's completely possible that I've missed something as the search on this mobile app is horrendous.

Could somebody please link to the thread for the 6/30 cruise (that has not even ended yet :o)?

I've only seen threads from people already home from their cruise on 6/23 but it's completely possible that I've missed something as the search on this mobile app is horrendous.

Oops!!..... very sorry for that big typo!! this was the thread from a cc'er on july4th, mikenpatti.. and i misread the date thinking it was 6/30 ..sorry my apologies! :p

""New complaints that I have heard that add to my disappointment are that there is no longer lobster being served on the first night.,""

and also by CC'er Jeanico wrote about the 6/23rd cruise" there actually was no lobster on the menu the first night, and we were informed by our waiter that this item was no longer available in any of the complimentary dining rooms on any of the nights, except in the buffet (Garden Cafe) on the 2nd night""..

Congrats to both cc'ers to mikenpatti for helping me also plan for "RockofAges" ahead of time, and Jeanico, for helping me to plan out my first night on the ship. Very invaluable info from all who confirmed the little red critters were available on their first night!!:D

Wasn't it just last year NCL was buying Maine lobsters for the Canada/ NE runs? Can't see this being permanent either, at least hoping.

Nope, we were on the Sep. 2012 10 day Canada/NE cruise and they did not serve Maine lobsters in the dining room. It was the same old little 1/2 tail with fish conglomerate, certainly not worth a wait if there is one.

BTW, I love NCL and it's my go-to cruise line.

From what I remember, it used to be fish and lobster, but they now it is steak and lobster and if you don't read the menu carefully you'll only see the steak part

Last cruise..it was steak and lobster..and it was not bad:)

From what I remember, it used to be fish and lobster, but they now it is steak and lobster and if you don't read the menu carefully you'll only see the steak part

Absolutely correct. The menu seems to hide it.

Fwiw. All that are salivating over these so called lobster tails should just go on vacation to cape cod. Or buy large frozen tails at their grocer or just go with the mail order lobster deals for lobster. I had the tail on the gem and it was good but it is 3 bites at best.

Just order a lobster bake right to your door or better yet check out cape cod!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived