First inbound Cruise to Bayport Cruise Terminal

myfuzzy

I will be arriving on the first incomming cruise on the Caribbean Princess Nov 5, 2013. I have looked into hotels and transportation from the terminal. As of now, I find no one has made accommodations for incomming passengers. Apparently the terminal has been unused and is in an area that is not close to anything. I have contacted the visitors bureau of Houston, but as of yet I have recieved no answers. A lot of information has be negative on the Bayport cruise terminal, and have been directed to Galveston. Apparently no one has been notified that Bayport will be in use. Anyone have updated information? I have never been to Texas and would appreciate any information on accommodations, restaurants, and transportation.

When we sailed out of Houston years ago we stayed in LaPorte, TX. I'm not sure if this is still the closest area to stay or not :confused:.

Here are the links to the Bay Area, Houston, and LaPorte, TX:

http://visitbayareahouston.com/index.cfm

http://www.laportetexas.net/

When we sailed the port was in an industrial area with thousands of oil tanks!

We are planning to stay in downtown houston--no hotel picked yet. Our idea is to take the Princess transfer to Hobby airport then find a hotel that has a shuttle and book with them. However we don't know the area and are unsure of a nice safe area with restaurants and readily accessable transportation. Thanks for the additional information. Yes, I googled the port and all that I saw were the oil tanks!!!

We are also staying in Houston. Our cruise is in February on Princess. I think we will stay in the Magnolia Hotel. It gets good reviews so hopefully it will be decent. We are also going to book a car service rather than doing Princess transfers but haven't decided on which company yet. I agree that there is very little information posted online. Maybe when folks start cruising out of Houston in the fall they will share their experiences.

We are also staying in Houston. Our cruise is in February on Princess. I think we will stay in the Magnolia Hotel. It gets good reviews so hopefully it will be decent. We are also going to book a car service rather than doing Princess transfers but haven't decided on which company yet. I agree that there is very little information posted online. Maybe when folks start cruising out of Houston in the fall they will share their experiences.

Thank you ---Hopefully this thread will be able to help others as we begin or complete our cruises we can give current information on the area.

We are planning to stay in downtown houston--no hotel picked yet. Our idea is to take the Princess transfer to Hobby airport then find a hotel that has a shuttle and book with them. However we don't know the area and are unsure of a nice safe area with restaurants and readily accessable transportation. Thanks for the additional information. Yes, I googled the port and all that I saw were the oil tanks!!!

It's my understanding Princess is using the Four Seasons (downtown area) as a post-cruise hotel that includes transfers from the pier to the hotel and from the hotel to either airport. I would inquire about this option.

The rate I am seeing is very reasonable per person including the transfers. However, the rate could be incorrect. I would check with Princess or your Travel Agent if you are interested.

B

It's my understanding Princess is using the Four Seasons (downtown area) as a post-cruise hotel that includes transfers from the pier to the hotel and from the hotel to either airport. I would inquire about this option.

The rate I am seeing is very reasonable per person including the transfers. However, the rate could be incorrect. I would check with Princess or your Travel Agent if you are interested.

B

Thank you--I will check into it

Thank you--I will check into it

Myfuzzy

I looked on your Roll Call and see you are from Cheektowaga, NY. We live in the Houston suburbs, but my husband is originally from Buffalo. His sister still lives in Grand Island.

Let me know if you need additional help with accommodations in Houston post-cruise.

B

Myfuzzy

I looked on your Roll Call and see you are from Cheektowaga, NY. We live in the Houston suburbs, but my husband is originally from Buffalo. His sister still lives in Grand Island.

Let me know if you need additional help with accommodations in Houston post-cruise.

B

It sure is a small world. Is he right from Buffalo or the suburbs. What does he miss more, the buffalo bills or chicken wings. Right now Im concentrating on getting the cruise and airlines in order, and the hotels are still offering summer specials up to Sept. so I still have time. Is it feasible to stay downtown or is some other area better. Thanks in advance

Hello.. My husband is from Buffalo (West Sencea). His mom and dad have passed away. His brother lives in their home. As I said earlier, his sister lives in/on Grand Island. They lived in Niagara Falls for many years.

He's been in Houston for over 30 years. He likes TexMex more than wings and the Texans more than the Bills. We're big football fans, so we hope EJ Manual does good things up in Buffalo.

Where you stay depends on what you want to do. The port is in an industrial area of town, but is within 10 miles of NASA and the Kemah boardwalk. Downtown and the Galleria area have good restaurants, shopping and hotels. The other things you might want to do are:

• Houston Zoo: The home to more than 6,000 animals is located in Hermann Park.

• Downtown Aquarium: The six-acre entertainment and dining complex is home to more than 200 aquatic species from around the world. You can touch sea creatures and enjoy rides, games and fine dining.

• Children’s Museum of Houston: Housed in a whimsical building designed by Robert Venturi, the Children’s Museum is packed with hands-on exhibits and was named “America’s No. 1 Children’s Museum” by Parents magazine.

• Museum of Fine Arts: Located in the Museum District, the Museum of Fine Arts houses more than 64,000 works of art created by cultures across the globe, from ancient times to today.

• Museum of Natural Science: One of the nation’s most heavily attended museums, the Museum of Natural Science has four floors of permanent exhibit halls.

• Health Museum: This interactive science learning center is one of Houston’s top public attractions.

Public transportation is virtually non-existent. Some of the downtown hotels provide courtesy car service within the downtown area.

Using the Houston port will be great for those of us in Texas. For others, it will take an open mind, at least in my opinion. It's out in the middle of nowhere.

Keep researching....

B

WOW!!! Thank you so much for the indepth info--I am going to print this off so I can keep it handy. I am on the Cheektowaga/West Seneca border. My son lives by the creek behind SouthGate Plaza. I would like you to have my e-mail, if something come up you can get in touch with me, but not sure how to do it here.

WOW!!! Thank you so much for the indepth info--I am going to print this off so I can keep it handy. I am on the Cheektowaga/West Seneca border. My son lives by the creek behind SouthGate Plaza. I would like you to have my e-mail, if something come up you can get in touch with me, but not sure how to do it here.

Why don't you e-mail me at cruising2 at outlook dot com?

SouthGate Plaza? That's not too far from Schwabl's, right?

B

I was looking at some of the recommended companies for Galveston and I found this on one of the recommended companies. It gives us a place to start from. Toward the bottom it lists the Port of Houston for 4 from Hobby or IAH.

http://www.aggielimousine.com/rates.htm

We haven't booked yet, but does anyone know Princess' price for transfers from IAH. Also I have toddlers who would be going as well. Does anyone know when Princess starts charging for kids?

I was looking at some of the recommended companies for Galveston and I found this on one of the recommended companies. It gives us a place to start from. Toward the bottom it lists the Port of Houston for 4 from Hobby or IAH.

We haven't booked yet, but does anyone know Princess' price for transfers from IAH. Also I have toddlers who would be going as well. Does anyone know when Princess starts charging for kids?

Thank you. I have e-mailed this company and am awaiting an answer.

cornerstone elite limo out of houston is professional service we use in business and travel

I live about 15 minutes from the Bayport Cruise terminal and have used a van service in our area called Super Shuttle! Not sure what service they are offering to the terminal but check their website. The area I live in is referred to as Clear Lake. Space Center Houston is located here at the Johnson Space Center. Well worth visiting. We have a lot of hotels in the area but the Hilton on Clear Lake is a nice location but there are also hotels in Kemah.

We have a lot of wonderful restaurants in the area and the Kemah area on Galveston Bay if a fun place to visit!

Unfortunately there is not any good public transportation in our area so you would need a rental car or have to use taxis.

Hope this helps a little!

for transportation, you might also try Super Shuttle

www.supershuttle.com

I always see the blue shuttles at the Galveston Terminal

Hobby airport from Bayport Cruise terminal

· Shared Ride Service: $41.00 for the first person; $11.00 for each additional person on your stop.

· Exclusive Van Service, up to 7 passengers per van: $101.00

hope this helps!!

for transportation, you might also try Super Shuttle

www.supershuttle.com

I always see the blue shuttles at the Galveston Terminal

Bayport Cruise Terminal to Crown plaza on Smith st or to Galleria Mall

· Van Charter Service, up to 10 passengers per van: $141.60 including gratuity

Hobby airport from Bayport Cruise terminal

· Shared Ride Service: $41.00 for the first person; $11.00 for each additional person on your stop.

· Exclusive Van Service, up to 7 passengers per van: $101.00

Archived