Alcohol policy

bocatraveler09

Just booked my first Oceania cruise.....Yay!

I understand Oceania's policy on wine. You can bring onboard for consumption in your own cabin or for use in the dining room with a corkage fee. Or you can purchase bottles onboard at a discount for 3 or more, right?

But I am totally confused about the policy for liquor. I have searched CC and googled the question and find conflicting info. And the O website doesn't spell it out, either. Can I bring a bottle of vodka on board and/or can I purchase a bottle for in-cabin consumption from room service? If so, is there a price list anywhere?

Not that drinking is an important part of my life or anything......:D

Yes, you can bring a bottle of vodka or anything else on board. You must consume it in your cabin and not in public spaces. Your room steward can provide mixes, glasses, etc.

There is an "official" policy in the brochures regarding wine/liquor but that appears to only be there to prevent problems from overuse.

As long as you are a responsible drinker you will have no problems.

You do not need to hide anything when you board.

We are an "adult" ship in every sense.

Does anyone have any idea if the beer in the mini bar might be included in the $55 liquor pkg in the future. I wonder about the wisdom of not including it-there must be a reason of course, I just can't figure it.

Does anyone have any idea if the beer in the mini bar might be included in the $55 liquor pkg in the future. I wonder about the wisdom of not including it-there must be a reason of course, I just can't figure it.

So far as I know nothing alcohlic from the mini bar is included in the packages

could be that if only 1 occupant has the Package how would they know who was drinking the mini bar stuff ;)

Can someone tell me how much the corkage fee is?

When you state you can bring alcohol on the ship; does that mean I can purchase in a port and bring on board to drink (paying corkage fee noted above)?

I was under the impression that wine purchased in port or the duty free shop, would be taken and given back at the time of disembarking.

Appreciate any information anyone can provide.

Thanks,

Pipper

Oceania will treat your as an adult. They will not take your alcohol away.

Buy what you like when and where you like for consumption in your cabin.

If you would like to bring a bottle to dinner corkage fee is $25.

There were no alcoholic bevs of any kind in the mini-bar of my PH on Regatta to Alaska this May 2013, but there were in my PH on Regatta to NE/Canada last October 2012. I don't know if this change affects only that ship, that cruise, the R ships, or the entire fleet.

I had a Premium Bev Pkg on both cruises. The alcoholic mini-bar items were not included in the pkg last October. I (or the butler) had to fill out a form checking off each item used, and I paid for those separately on my shipboard acct.

I assume the mini-bar change to being completely non-alcoholic could be for any of these reasons:

• The Regatta cruises to Alaska may include more kids during the summer (none on my May cruise), so O didn't want alcohol to be available for the taking by teens and kids. (The mini-bar has no lock.)
  • It got too time consuming for butlers to fill out the mini-bar form daily to make sure pax got billed, or maybe pax with bev pkgs complained.
  • O wants folks to buy bev pkgs, and staff would like gratuities for room service.

Archived