Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Going on the Norwegian Getaway on Halloween 2015. Staying in the studios. Can't wait! I've stayed in studios on the Epic twice and absolutely loved it, so I'm excited to stay in one again. :D

That's great! I've never stayed in the studios before. Maybe one day.

Have you ever been on a Halloween cruise before?

I'll be doing my first one next month, but on the Carnival Conquest. I excited about it. May go as Tina Turner if I can find the right dress, or represent some type of pun statement.

Edited by Starrgazer50

Nope, never been on a Halloween cruise before, so I'm excited. Not as excited as I am to be seeing Legally Blonde: The Musical... but excited nonetheless! I don't know if I'll wear a full costume or if I'll just slap on a wig and funky jewelry or something. We'll see! I want to do something, though. :P

A cruise seems like a great way to indulge all your senses and indulge yourself without guilt. I like being out of town for my birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi:)....I love indulging myself:D....besides, there is nobody in my

life to do anything for me anyway.....and as for guilt?...nope, I have

never felt guilty about anything concerning my cruises. It is one

emotion that plays no part in my vacation plans...ever.

HAL Statendam, 10/3/14, 30 days to Hawaii, Tahiti, & Marquesas. Soon to be my longest cruise, my first equatorial crossing, and my first Halloween at sea.

You'll love the South Pacific. Did Princess's version last fall and would do it again in a heartbeat. Definitely want to try HAL's version with the Marquesas.

I recently retired and am looking at my first-ever cruise next March, heading from Florida to Barcelona or Rome -- haven't decided. Then I will spend 4-6 months touring Europe, also a first for me. I also hope to do a Baltic cruise during the trip -- I would love to visit St. Petersburg. I'll be traveling solo.

Yes, I'm excited!

Edited by Richmondmike

I recently retired and am looking at my first-ever cruise next March, heading from Florida to Barcelona or Rome -- haven't decided. Then I will spend 4-6 months touring Europe, also a first for me. I also hope to do a Baltic cruise during the trip -- I would love to visit St. Petersburg. I'll be traveling solo.

Yes, I'm excited!

You are really going to enjoy your retirement......if you keep this kind of traveling up!!! :)

Yes, I'm excited!

I am sooo jealous! In 12-15 years when I retire I'm hoping to follow a similar schedule. Please post on here all about your travels. :)

Yes, I'm excited!

Congrats on your retirement! Sounds like an awesome plan.

Will you be using hostels for any of those months in Europe? It will save you a lot of money. I've used Hostel International for some local trips but not Europe yet because I can't take long flights. It's a chain of Hostels under one company. There are many all throughout Europe and in nice touristy areas. I feel better using them instead of a one man show. If you're not and your daring, give it a try.:)

Have fun!

Edited by Starrgazer50

You'll love the South Pacific. Did Princess's version last fall and would do it again in a heartbeat. Definitely want to try HAL's version with the Marquesas.

Thanks! I'm really excited about this trip. I had lived in Hawaii for a few years and was very enthralled with the local Polynesian culture there. I had wanted to visit Tahiti then, but work and school commitments would not allow.

Looks like you had a very interesting itinerary for your South Pacific cruise. HAL has a 45-day "Tales of the South Pacific" cruise that sets sail Oct of next year aboard the Amsterdam. In addition to the ports visited during the standard 30-day itinerary, the cruise will call on all Hawaiian ports as well as Samoa (both American and Independent), Tonga, Fiji, and a few other island destinations. A few members from my roll call are also on the roll call for this cruise.

Hi all,

Are any of you taking any part of the 71 day cruise (in 3 parts if you like) by Holland America? L.A. to Sydney (via Hawaii, Pago, Pago, Fiji, Komodo Is.), circumnavigate Aust. & then head N. visiting Bali etc. & departure in Singapore Dec. 8th? If you are at least 2 Meet & greets & possibly a 3rd one on Sydney to Singapore. We leave L. A. California 9/27/'14 !!!!!! :D

GT.DanesRGR8

Yes, I'm excited!

omG!!! Allow me to offer my congratulations (and my company!) What a great retirement you have to look forward to!!! 'Wish it was me! (she said with a distinct tinge of green)

I will be on Celebrity Equinox for the October 2015 transatlantic from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. Got a great deal on a big balcony.

Love Barcelona and love those TA's - this will be my third. :)

Hope you have a wonderful time.....she is a beautiful ship.:)

Hi all,

Are any of you taking any part of the 71 day cruise (in 3 parts if you like) by Holland America? L.A. to Sydney (via Hawaii, Pago, Pago, Fiji, Komodo Is.), circumnavigate Aust. & then head N. visiting Bali etc. & departure in Singapore Dec. 8th? If you are at least 2 Meet & greets & possibly a 3rd one on Sydney to Singapore. We leave L. A. California 9/27/'14 !!!!!! :D

GT.DanesRGR8

That would be a trip of a lifetime for me. Have a wonderful cruise.

Hi all,

GT.DanesRGR8

No, darn it all! But enjoy :) And be sure to tell us how it goes!!

<-- off to buy a lottery ticket

Hi,my name is scott and i will be going on my first solo cruise,anthem of the seas,march 7,2016,western caribbean.i am trying out one of the studio cabins.hoping to meet other singles on the cruise to possibly go on shore excursions and dining.cruising solo can be fun but so is meeting great people.:)

Hi Everyone. I started this thread and glad to see it continuing this long. I will be taking my next Solo Cruise in Dec. and I'm getting to try a NCL ship as well as the Studio Cabin for the first time. Very excited about being on the Breakaway. Heard so much about this ship. Anyone else going? :D

Hi Everyone. I started this thread and glad to see it continuing this long. I will be taking my next Solo Cruise in Dec. and I'm getting to try a NCL ship as well as the Studio Cabin for the first time. Very excited about being on the Breakaway. Heard so much about this ship. Anyone else going? :D

I forgot the subject line does not show with Tap talk app. The date of my cruise on Breakaway is Dec. 14, 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am cruising solo on Queen Mary 2.

I was lucky to be awarded a balcony. I normally travel solo. Cunard has some deals if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would you mind sharing how you were "awarded" a balcony? Did you book a guarantee and get upgraded? And is it a "real" balcony in the superstructure, or one of those cut out of the hull with the solid panel in front?

Since transatlantic crossings are my favorite, I'd be willing to try Cunard again, and they send me a lot of brochures. But after I take one look at the price, and then mentally double it for the single supplement, the brochure goes straight into the recycle bin.

How/where do you find deals with Cunard?

Leaving for Bermuda on the Breakaway (solo) 1wk from today.. First time on a Norwegian cruise line..Anybody else going? Booked a spa cabin and will be at the solo gathering daily..

Wish I was going to Bermuda on the Breakaway. But I am grateful to be going on Dec 14th to the Bahamas. Have a fantastic cruise, Scarlett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy