Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Solo cruising Neptune Suite style July 23 on the HAL Westerdam RT Seattle to Alaska! (the ! after Alaska! is compulsory, just as it is with Science! - Thomas Dolby)

Haven't decided if I'm gonna "Greta Garbo" much of this cruise for max relax but wouldn't mind meeting up for drinks or specialty dining. Ex. PG or Le Cirque. Cheers!

Yes, people who use their phones to read posts, don't see any titles. But I am going solo on Norwegian for the first time, on the Spirit, from April 9-16, 2016. It leaves from Port Canaveral. At the time I booked, there were NO single supplements. Any other of you folks get in on this deal?

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple of cruises planned… I booked the Carnival Sensation on February 5 as a quick getaway. I live in Orlando, and Port Canaveral is just a short drive away. I've never been on the ship before, but the price was right. It's only a three day cruise, and I may not attend any of the singles get togethers. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people at dinner, though!

I also booked a solo cruise on the Norwegian Sun for June 2017. I am seriously splurging on this, as I booked an aft balcony! After the cruise, I plan to spend a few days traveling inland, and will probably take the train into Denali national park for a day or two. I'm having lots of fun planning this trip!

Edited by OhJinkies

How was the summit going solo?

I did a repositioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne several years ago! I had a great time. In my mid-20's, I was younger than the majority of the other passengers but I had a great time! I met some nice people at my dinner table, etc!

Having said that though, I much preferred my experience on the Epic. I didn't stay in a studio but the lounge access each night before dinner was invaluable for meeting others to hang out with and dine with. It spoiled me to the point that I'm a bit anxious about the idea of sailing solo on the Anthem in a few weeks!

I did a repositioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne several years ago! I had a great time. In my mid-20's, I was younger than the majority of the other passengers but I had a great time! I met some nice people at my dinner table, etc!

Having said that though, I much preferred my experience on the Epic. I didn't stay in a studio but the lounge access each night before dinner was invaluable for meeting others to hang out with and dine with. It spoiled me to the point that I'm a bit anxious about the idea of sailing solo on the Anthem in a few weeks!

That's the same cruise I'm doing!! And I'm on anthem a week after you, I think (feb. 13)