Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Decided to do the Escape to celebrate the exact day 5 year anniversary of my incredible Epic trip. Going to start in Miami 12/15 like last time. It was a great week to go and returning Saturday, had time off until Tuesday.

I booked a studio for $899- $1,257 with port fees, insurance and service fee for combo UBP/Dining Promo.

I looked at Breakaway for third time and it would have been $1,760 for the 12/18 8 night cruise.

Plus I am comfortable that I could potentially pay or upgrade the Studio- but would I lose the UBP/Dining promo?

I did not think having a balcony the last 2x made my cruise better.

I'm kind of against spending time alone in the room as I would rather be out on the ship.

I've done 3 NYE cruises in the past but this time could not get that week due to sold out. Therefore picked the week after. My worry is that energy levels might be low and fun would be less right after NYE ??? Would like to hear from someone with a Jan 1st week experience ?

I've cruised in early January some years and stayed at various AI's in others. I don't drink, so I won't have a NYE hangover to contend with. That said, I usually am excited to get away from the cold New York winter, and look for a relaxing Caribbean vacation. I can always use a sea day to recharge my batteries if still suffering from holiday excesses.

In the title - Holland America - Eurodam - Jan. 3, 2016

Runner, I am using my phone, and there are no titles. People may want to mention specific cruises in the body of their message, for the benefit of those using a mobile device. But thanks for letting me know!

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runner, I am using my phone, and there are no titles. People may want to mention specific cruises in the body of their message, for the benefit of those using a mobile device. But thanks for letting me know!

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip, I'll put that info in my memory bank. :)

I made a last minute decision to book a cruise for new year's. As a matter of fact, I'm leaving today!!! so excited.

I'll be on the Norwegian Jewel that sails off today December 27 and returns back to LA on Jan 3.

and I will be doing this SOLO!!!! I'm nervous, but very excited!!!

any pointers for a first time solo cruise!!

I'm hoping to meet fun friends!!!

thanks!!!!

I made a last minute decision to book a cruise for new year's. As a matter of fact, I'm leaving today!!! so excited.

I'll be on the Norwegian Jewel that sails off today December 27 and returns back to LA on Jan 3.

and I will be doing this SOLO!!!! I'm nervous, but very excited!!!

any pointers for a first time solo cruise!!

I'm hoping to meet fun friends!!!

thanks!!!!

Try to register for the meet and mingle, if it will allow. Also, do a last minute post on your roll call. Have fun!