Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Hi,

I am 55+ and will be sailing solo on the Liberty in December.Is there anyone out there cruising on this date on the Liberty. I have enjoyed reading all the post and I am looking forward to this solo trip.

I I am doing this cruise, but a week earlier. I still haven't had any solos respond to my dates. Have fun.

Edited by delilah410

Hi Debbie!

Oh it would be lovely to meet you - but as I'm travelling from Australia I'm hoping to see a few more places - I'm thinking of Western Caribbean area. Of course I will let you know if I change my mind!

Heather:)

Hi Heather, where in Australia are you from? I normally travel in April but want to do a cruise that only goes in June,July and August so taking LSL then instead.

Hi Kiwichick I'm from Sydney also. It is difficult to get good deals but they are out there.

Lynne

Hi Heather, where in Australia are you from? I normally travel in April but want to do a cruise that only goes in June,July and August so taking LSL then instead.

Hi Kiwichick I'm from Sydney also. It is difficult to get good deals but they are out there.

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

I live in Coffs Harbour - originally a Sydney girl! I am a cruise virgin - but funnily enough this year I am going with my daughter on the melbourne Cup cruise. Then I was only cruising next year as the animal training seminar will be held on board Celebrity Reflection on April 19. As I'm also going to the Clicker Expo in Norfolk, VA at the very end of March I have a couple of weeks early April. Now I have been looking at everything I've become fascinated with cruising - I see it as a great way to travel if you are solo (not that I really know yet - but I'm guess ing it is). And it seems there are plenty of us out there.

Hubby and I only occasionally do trips together - his idea of a holiday is going to remote areas of Sth America and wandering in the forests for several weeks! (he's a botanist!) In fact, he's on his way home from Brazil now! I have in the past done some horse riding holidays with friends (I have 4 horses!!) - but I also like attending courses and have been clicker training with my horses - so one thing led to another!

And if I like these cruises I will be up for more solo cruises - so maybe in future us Aussie gals can work out a trip we can all be on!

Heather:)

Hi Delilah 410

I am glad to hear that someone else is cruising solo on this date. Have you cruised before?

Do you know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas?

Are you still cruising on this ship?

Hope we meet while on the cruise.

Hi Delilah 410

I am glad to hear that someone else is cruising solo on this date. Have you cruised before?

Do you know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas?

Are you still cruising on this ship?

Hope we meet while on the cruise.

"Hi, Tara,

I have cruised before, and on Royal Caribbean twice. I don't know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas, as that's not a priority for me. I do hope that there will be a sailaway party so we can meet other cruisers from Cruise Critic. Have you checked out the roll call for this cruise?

Hi,

I just realized we are on different cruises,I hope they have a sailway get together also. I did see the roll call as of the 9 of August.I hope to be added to the roll call and meet other cruiser.

I need transportation for amtrak station to the hotel and from hotel to the POM. Do you know of and shuttle or private transportation service that I could use?

I am ready to start cruising now,looking for another cruise to take before Dec.as I am in need of cruise fun.

I have been on a lot of cruise ships in December , they have all been decorated for Christmas

So have I and it is really quite nice. Even tho I don't celebrate Xmas myself I like getting into the Xmas spirit when on a Dec. cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Im a senior male going solo out of Houston my 6th solo cruise.Just checking to see if anyone is on the same cruise. Happy sailing every one

Hi Convertible.

When are you sailing out of Houston? I have a 4 day on September 5 coming up. I'm so ready to go!

Solo cruise person here. Planning stages still of to do a cruise in around end of Oct 2013

somewhere between Oct 22 and Nov 14. 2013

I am thinking of either Caribbean or Panama Canal cruise. Anyone else up for doing same? perhaps put together a group to share a table in dining room

your thoughts

I'll be doing my second solo cruise on Carnival Liberty, October 26 - Nov 2. Eastern Caribbean with stop at: Half Moon Cay; San Juan; St. Thomas; and Grand Turk.

Looking forward to getting away from home. Don't have to cook and serve anyone's meals. No washing dishes. No asking anyone 'what do you want for dinner'. Someone gets to do all that for me! Whoo - Hoo!

Honestly, for me, now that I've done solo cruises I don't think I'm interested in sharing with anyone who isn't a significant other or a close family member--I like the freedom too much. :)

I certainly get that. Thanks so much for replying... and I know you'll enjoy yourself. Cheers!

This will be my 1st cruise on princess. April 26-may 3. Out of houston. Singles group, very exited this will be my 2nd singles cruise. My 1st singles cruise was in may 2013 out of nyc. Was a blast!!! I know that there are about 30 singles so far booked as of the other day.

multilingual, happy, organized and adventures grandma in her 60th

ready to independently and leisurely re-visit and newly discover EU

countrysides and cities

on a budget

by train, plane, rental car -

with flexible schedule for about 4 weeks.

Cornwall; London -Theaters;

Tentative potential targets: Paris;? Brussels;? Amsterdam;? Ruegen; ?, ?, ?,

would welcome descriptive suggestions -

I enjoy:

quiet, quaint landscapes dotted with small (fishing?) villages offering local cuisine;

Life Theater performances as in i.e. London, Berlin, Vienna, New York, etc.

Unique relaxing sightseeing i.e. by boat, (Danube, Spree, Havel, Seine, Rhine, Arno, Amstel, Vistula, Vltava, Thames, etc)

3rd SOLO TA @ ~ 6 weeks total

I fly to London tomorrow. Then it is off to Southampton on Saturday to board the Celebrity Eclipse for my Norway cruise. I have gone solo a few times before and enjoyed it. I have just never gone solo on a big cruise like this one. It should be interesting!

I fly to London tomorrow. Then it is off to Southampton on Saturday to board the Celebrity Eclipse for my Norway cruise. I have gone solo a few times before and enjoyed it. I have just never gone solo on a big cruise like this one. It should be interesting!

Hope you have a great cruise:) Eclipse is a wonderful ship:)