Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Hi Lois thank you for your encouraging words regarding my first solo cruise.

Well let me say that I had a great time, met some great people, staying in the studio cabins made a huge difference, we had 2 cruise host meet us every evening from 5-6 pm, from there if we wanted to do something together we would. we met on sea days as well as on port days.

Did the 3 day bus and ferry pass, had a chance to travel the island. It was great can't wait to do it again!!!

Hope you had a great time on your cruise as well.

Margie

Hi Margie:) glad you had such a good time. Yes, I did as well;)

Then again, this was my 30something solo cruise and I love them

all:D

Hi Margie:) glad you had such a good time. Yes, I did as well;)

Then again, this was my 30something solo cruise and I love them

all:D

Welcome Back Lois, Hope you had a good time in Bermuda. I am looking for something later this year but haven't booked anything yet. Neil

This is a great idea Lorne. I am a cruising newbie and next year I will be on Celebrity Reflection as there is an animal training seminar being held on it called - Five Go to Sea. I've never been on a cruise before. It is on April 19 - for seven days in the Eastern Caribbean.

I am now looking at what I can do before that cruise. I will be travelling from Australia - will attend a Clicker Expo in Norfolk VA - and will then have from April 1 to around April 15. I am thinking another cruise somewhere in that area and there are a few possibilities.

I think I am going to like cruising - I am also in my 50s - married - with grown up children. My husband is a botanist so his idea of a holiday is running around remote areas looking at rare plants!!!

I would love to hear if there are any other solo cruisers who are going on a cruise on the east coast during the time I have mentioned.

Thanks,

Heather

Welcome Back Lois, Hope you had a good time in Bermuda. I am looking for something later this year but haven't booked anything yet. Neil

Hi Neil,:) yes had a really good time, although the weather was VERY

HOT:eek:....reminded me of home actually:rolleyes:

I went to 3 different Pubs for some awesome lunches:D....my

next cruise is in February but may try to get one in before that;)

Great thread. I've been thinking a solo roll call would be great. Great minds think alike. :D

Hi, I'm Lynne and unlike most of you I'm from Australia which I love but is SO frustrating when I see all these great deals in the northern hemisphere. Every time I look I tell my hubby that he's lucky we don't live in America because I'd be wanting to go on a cruise every week. There are so many amazing deals.

I get a lot more holidays than my hubby so travel solo at least once a year. In the past I have travelled by myself then did a few Intrepid small group tours.

Recently started reading about solo cruising so have decided I'm going to do it. I'm going to take the last half of June and all of July off (get away from our winter) and head north. Nothing planned yet but Thinking about a cruise from Copenhagen to Russia and then not sure where. I also want to visit New York but hubby would kill me if I went there without him so may have to leave that until later. I'm open to destination though as there is still a lot of the world I haven't seen. Ill check out deals when the time gets closer and then decide.

I love cruising and am really looking forward to a solo cruise. I like meeting and talking to others but its also nice to just laze around and do things at my own pace.

Hi Lynne,

I'm also from Australia so looking forward to hearing your experiences as a traveller from down under!

Heather

This is a great idea Lorne. I am a cruising newbie and next year I will be on Celebrity Reflection as there is an animal training seminar being held on it called - Five Go to Sea. I've never been on a cruise before. It is on April 19 - for seven days in the Eastern Caribbean.

I am now looking at what I can do before that cruise. I will be travelling from Australia - will attend a Clicker Expo in Norfolk VA - and will then have from April 1 to around April 15. I am thinking another cruise somewhere in that area and there are a few possibilities.

I think I am going to like cruising - I am also in my 50s - married - with grown up children. My husband is a botanist so his idea of a holiday is running around remote areas looking at rare plants!!!

I would love to hear if there are any other solo cruisers who are going on a cruise on the east coast during the time I have mentioned.

Thanks,

Heather

Hello Heather. My first cruise was also a professional educational meeting. I was totally hooked after that. Just keep checking in on this and other threads under Solo Cruisers and you can pick up ideas about which cruise to take in April. Also check out the Roll Calls for those sailings that you are considering and then join in when you have chosen one. Happy cruising!!! Lorne

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks,

Heather

Hi Heather,

I will be on the Reflection April 5-12. Single lady, 61, cruising alone. Would love to have you aboard to join me; you can get a preview of what to expect when you go on the same cruise 2 weeks later.

Debbie

Anyone going on this cruise? On the NCL roll call there are only a couple of us who have said we are going solo. I would like to at least meet a few before the cruise. I will be at meet and greet as well, it's kind of nice to recognize faces once you are around the ship after that.

I am mid-age (64) gal, who enjoys everything about cruising. I am realizing that it's pretty nice to have my own cabin, although sometimes I cruise with friends or family. I like doing 'whatever' strikes me at the time, relaxing is the main mode I will be in.

Having been to all these ports a couple times before, I plan to go to beach in Roatan for sure. Belize- enjoyed Geoff's Cay before, but will most likely just go into port area for a little while and go back to ship. Cozumel, might do beach, have been to Mr. Sanchos before, not sure about this time. Costa Maya, been to Majuahal twice, not so keen on it, might stay just at port area for a bit. Out of all...Roatan is my fav. Bananarama Beach or Tabyana Beach is most likely my choice. I will take ship's excursions unless I find someone to go in taxi with somewhere. Not a big risk taker to push the limit on getting back to ship on time. Haha.

Give me a holler, if you are going to be on this cruise and we can at least say hello!

Paula

Hi Heather,

I will be on the Reflection April 5-12. Single lady, 61, cruising alone. Would love to have you aboard to join me; you can get a preview of what to expect when you go on the same cruise 2 weeks later.

Debbie

Hi Debbie!

Oh it would be lovely to meet you - but as I'm travelling from Australia I'm hoping to see a few more places - I'm thinking of Western Caribbean area. Of course I will let you know if I change my mind!

Heather:)

Hi,

I am 55+ and will be sailing solo on the Liberty in December.Is there anyone out there cruising on this date on the Liberty. I have enjoyed reading all the post and I am looking forward to this solo trip.

I live in Sydney and all solo are so expensive We never get the cheap deals Even so I am looking at booking Honolulu to Sydney in oct 2014 on Celebrity Solstice. Have done one cruise years ago on Canberra old ship and recently a short cruise on pacific jewel.. Had a great time but jewel is outdated. Any think its a great holiday for single women, I am in my 50s too

Hello fellow solo cruisers.

I'm Stacey...from NY and I will be headed on the Sept 29th Breakaway to Bermuda and can't wait :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Hi Stacey. Are you getting one of the Studio cabins for Solo cruisers?

solorizor, MSC Orchestra is a gorgeous ship. I was on her for a Med cruise last year. The Italian customs are quite different from ours in some things but we had a great time. Write if you have any questions!

Hi, Solo's

I'm Adam from Chicago, I'll be going Solo on the Eurodam 12/01/2013 sailing to the Caribbean. I have sailed many times with Family and Friends in the past but they pretty much have done there own thing so I think it will be easy for me going solo. It is always easy to meet people on cruises hope this trip will be the same.

Yep. The only cruise I have coming up is a year away. I had planned on cruising on the Regal Princess Maiden Voyage in June 2014 from Venice to Barcelona. Instead I’m just going to do spend a week and a half in Barcelona in May and take an Alaska cruise in August.

It worked out well because I’ve wanted to take a roundtrip to AK from Vancouver (instead of Seattle). Plus, the Pacific Princess max passenger capacity is 680. What fun to be on such a small (actually tiny) ship.

I’m not sure if I can hold off cruising for a year though. I have vacation in February and right now I’m planning a (theatre) week in London but a cold winter and thoughts of the warm Caribbean sea might change that plan.

solorizor, MSC Orchestra is a gorgeous ship. I was on her for a Med cruise last year. The Italian customs are quite different from ours in some things but we had a great time. Write if you have any questions!

I'm wondering should I book thru msc for excursions or just go around myself. Barcelona, Marseilles, Lisbon are places I'm looking forward to seeing.

About sitting down to dinner, I'm on the late sitting. Do they just seat you wherever or being a solo do I get put with other solos .

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm wondering should I book thru msc for excursions or just go around myself. Barcelona, Marseilles, Lisbon are places I'm looking forward to seeing.

About sitting down to dinner, I'm on the late sitting. Do they just seat you wherever or being a solo do I get put with other solos .

I would look at their excursions and figure out if they seem worth the price. You may get ideas about what to see and do. The last 3 cruises (1 Celebrity 2 Carnival) I was seated at dinner with other singles but many were couples that were simply not married.

On my last cruise (on MSC's Poesia [out of Barcelona]) they tended to seat me with other English speaking travelers, no solo's. I guess that might be a priority notation on their computers on a predominately European Cruise line.

Jim

Hi Guys & Gals, I'm doing a solo back to back on the Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan Dec. 7-21, 2013. I've signed up for the meet & mingle for both cruises & looking forward to a little R & R. Most of the time I enjoy exploring the islands on my own using local transportation. It's usually cheaper & I don't have to stick to a fixed schedule. Last year I took the RCI tour of the Kabuli Brewery in Dominica & it was a lot of fun. I'm a homebrewer so I'm always on the lookout for brewery tours. lol On St. Maarten I went to Maho beach right next to the runway at Princess Juliana Airport. Local bus was only one or two dollars each way. There's a great bar next to the beach & it's a blast (literally & figuratively) watching the airplanes take off & land. See you all in December! Gerry:D