shuttle from FLL to South Beach

nanswers

Can anyone recommend a shuttle company to pick up 7 of us at FLL to go to South Beach? We are staying two nights in South Beach prior to our cruise out of Miami and need transportation to get there.

Thanks in advance!

I had a group of 5 of us and rented a limo from Holland Limo back in October 2011. I have also used Quality Limo Service. Since you are 7 and going to South Beach precruise, you will need to do a private shuttle so not sure on the costs they will charge you.

I would highly recommend both.

Larry's Limos has been suggested on these boards for Miami service - probably comparable to taxi fares, but hopefully a much nicer ride.

QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), MJS transportation (www.gomjstrans.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with reasonable prices. Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
i just used MJS last week for FLL TO south beach, they did a great job A nice big A/C Mercedes......15pp to the hotel and $11pp for the return from the ship to FLL. I'll never use SAS AGAIN

What does MJS? Those are great prices. Thank you!

We rented a car from FLL airport to drive ourselves to South Beach. If you have five of you, you might want to consider this as I'm sure it would be cheaper than paying for a shuttle. We only had the car for four hours since we did a little shopping before going to the hotel.

We used Budget going to South Beach. Total cost (for the smallest economy car since we didn't really care) was $38. There was a drop-off office maybe 10 blocks away from Collins Avenue. We initially parked a block away from the hotel (to avoid valet charge), checked in, then went to go return the car, and ended up taking a nice walk back (we could have cabbed it or rented those city bikes to go back to the hotel).

Thrifty has a rental office right on Collins and 16th, which would be even more convenient, but the Budget rate was cheaper. We did use Thrifty to rent another car to go from South Beach to Port Everglades on day of departure since it was right there and the cost was very similar to Budget going the other way.

We rented a car from FLL airport to drive ourselves to South Beach. If you have five of you, you might want to consider this as I'm sure it would be cheaper than paying for a shuttle. We only had the car for four hours since we did a little shopping before going to the hotel.

We used Budget going to South Beach. Total cost (for the smallest economy car since we didn't really care) was $38. There was a drop-off office maybe 10 blocks away from Collins Avenue. We initially parked a block away from the hotel (to avoid valet charge), checked in, then went to go return the car, and ended up taking a nice walk back (we could have cabbed it or rented those city bikes to go back to the hotel).

Thrifty has a rental office right on Collins and 16th, which would be even more convenient, but the Budget rate was cheaper. We did use Thrifty to rent another car to go from South Beach to Port Everglades on day of departure since it was right there and the cost was very similar to Budget going the other way.

This sounds like a great plan but the OP states they have 7 people. Even with a minivan, they will never fit the luggage. Two cars can work but will take away from the savings.

Traveling with lots of people is definately more fun but not very convenient in some instances :)

Thanks everyone! I will call and get some quotes. I did get one from Limos of Miami and they were $150. Only $25 more than one of the shuttle places I called. For $25 more might as well arrive in style!

Thanks everyone! I will call and get some quotes. I did get one from Limos of Miami and they were $150. Only $25 more than one of the shuttle places I called. For $25 more might as well arrive in style!

You might want to make sure it's a limousine and not a van if that is what you want.

Can anyone recommend a shuttle company to pick up 7 of us at FLL to go to South Beach? We are staying two nights in South Beach prior to our cruise out of Miami and need transportation to get there.

Thanks in advance!

We used QLS last April '12-picked up 13 of us from FLL and took us to what was the Wyndham Garden @ 11th Street & Washington in South Beach (two blocks from Ocean Ave). Because we were a party of 13 only cost us $10 per person. Had them come back the next day to take us to POM-$7.50 per person. We also had them come back to POM after the cruise and take us back to the same hotel in South Beach-$11 per person (only 7 of us this time), then from hotel to FLL-$12.50 a person.

We did get a shuttle van with trailer on our first two pickups but we never shared it with any one. When they picked us up from POM we had a large glass passenger van-no trailer, comfortable seats, again no sharing. Back to the van with trailer when we went to FLL but no sharing.

Cannot say a bad word about them-using them again next March '14. Good luck on your search.

Happy Sailing!!

We used QLS last April '12-picked up 13 of us from FLL and took us to what was the Wyndham Garden @ 11th Street & Washington in South Beach (two blocks from Ocean Ave). Because we were a party of 13 only cost us $10 per person. Had them come back the next day to take us to POM-$7.50 per person. We also had them come back to POM after the cruise and take us back to the same hotel in South Beach-$11 per person (only 7 of us this time), then from hotel to FLL-$12.50 a person.

We did get a shuttle van with trailer on our first two pickups but we never shared it with any one. When they picked us up from POM we had a large glass passenger van-no trailer, comfortable seats, again no sharing. Back to the van with trailer when we went to FLL but no sharing.

Cannot say a bad word about them-using them again next March '14. Good luck on your search.

Happy Sailing!!

Thanks!! I will definitely check them out!

Will be coming into FLL and need transport to south beach as well for our victory b2B need to check out the suggestions. Staying at the Ocean Spray Hotel. Never been there before. Need to make sure it's South Beach lol. My friend booked it .

QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), MJS transportation (www.gomjstrans.com ), SAS (www.ridesas.com), and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with reasonable prices - good luck! :)

Thanks John

I just made a reservation for the return from our cruise to FLL airport off the Victory for $15.00 from LS Transportation

I got quoted its $21.00 from FLL to my hotel in South beach from the airport prior to our cruise from go airport shuttle Now we just have to get from our hotel to the port LOL

Thanks for all the links.

This is so confusing, that's why I love to cruise out of my home port in Galveston Texas. I can do it in my sleep.

Miami was my first cruise on the Carnival Destiny should bring back great memories but the planning is too confusing for my old mind LOL

Thanks John

I just made a reservation for the return from our cruise to FLL airport off the Victory for $15.00 from LS Transportation

I got quoted its $21.00 from FLL to my hotel in South beach from the airport prior to our cruise from go airport shuttle Now we just have to get from our hotel to the port LOL

Thanks for all the links.

This is so confusing, that's why I love to cruise out of my home port in Galveston Texas. I can do it in my sleep.

Miami was my first cruise on the Carnival Destiny should bring back great memories but the planning is too confusing for my old mind LOL

From SB hotels to POM a taxi should be somewhere in the $15-20+tip range (depends upon where your hotel is and traffic); that price is for the cab, not per person. Your hotel can call a cab for you or may be aboe to suggest other transportation options. Good luck! :)

From SB hotels to POM a taxi should be somewhere in the $15-20+tip range (depends upon where your hotel is and traffic); that price is for the cab, not per person. Your hotel can call a cab for you or may be aboe to suggest other transportation options. Good luck! :)

THANKS Again John!! Just got an e-mail quote from MJS transport of $60.00 from FLL to Hotel in Miami Beach. Seems kind of high when I paid only $15.00 for my trip from POM to FLL. Going to go and check back to see if QLS has a better price. Single woman on a budget syndrome LOL.

i just used MJS last week for FLL TO south beach, they did a great job A nice big A/C Mercedes......15pp to the hotel and $11pp for the return from the ship to FLL. I'll never use SAS AGAIN

Just rcvd a quote of $60 from FLL to South beach area (Ocen spray hotel ) so wish I could get it for 15. I would even pay 25 ?? Wonder why their is such a big difference in price.

Just rcvd a quote of $60 from FLL to South beach area (Ocen spray hotel ) so wish I could get it for 15. I would even pay 25 ?? Wonder why their is such a big difference in price.

$60 for each person? :confused: The $15 fare often quoted is for a van full of passengers all heading from FLL to POM or downtown Miami hotels close to POM. If you are coming in later in the day (after the cruise ship passenger business is over) and need transport to South Beach you are going to pay a higher rate. You might look at a one-way car rental (drop th ecar in SB before you check-in to avoid hotel parking fees ;)) or a taxi for about $85 (for the cab, not per person).

Good luck! :)

$60 for each person? :confused: The $15 fare often quoted is for a van full of passengers all heading from FLL to POM or downtown Miami hotels close to POM. If you are coming in later in the day (after the cruise ship passenger business is over) and need transport to South Beach you are going to pay a higher rate. You might look at a one-way car rental (drop th ecar in SB before you check-in to avoid hotel parking fees ;)) or a taxi for about $85 (for the cab, not per person).

Good luck! :)

Thanks again John,

The 60$ is for me alone I will be traveling into Miami solo, my friend will join me in Miami, I am flying into FLL to save $ which I guess I have to spend on shuttle costs LOL

I am flying in the day before our cruise so that may be why its so much higher, may be the only passenger. I think I will just go ahead and bite the bullet and take the quote. Will wait one more day to see if I get any lower quotes from the other transportation company.

Thank You again for your help and guidance. Cant wait till I win the lottery and 60$ wont be an issue for me LOL(not holding my breath) :D

Completely agree with the suggestion to get a one-way rental. We used Budget, got an economy car for $38, were able to use to pick up last minute cruise necessities, and then returned in SB after we checked in.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived