Hoping for Chantal to go away...

thatsonofa

We sail Sunday on the Breeze out of Miami to GT/Ocho/Nassau. I am hoping that it dies down or keep moving west. Of course I could always hope that they have to substitute a different port instead of Nassau. :) Either way I just hope that it doesn't delay/cancel anything.

What does everyone else think about Chantal???

We sail Sunday on the Breeze out of Miami to GT/Ocho/Nassau. I am hoping that it dies down or keep moving west. Of course I could always hope that they have to substitute a different port instead of Nassau. :) Either way I just hope that it doesn't delay/cancel anything.

What does everyone else think about Chantal???

I 2nd that:D

I've been paying a lot of attenton to the weather and I have to say I think we're going to be alright. I read that some ships out of Miami would be re-routed, but if you're sailing on Sunday it should mostly be done.

my problem is we're sailing to Nassau and Half Moon, leaving Pt Canaveral on Thursday... talk about being nervous.. but I will take faith in the ship captain and hope he steers clear.

you have nothing to worry about.

We leave Sat.on the Dream, really don't care where we go as long as we are able to get on the ship Sat.

You have the right attitude. I'm sure you will have a fabulous cruise!:D:D

Chantal happens to be my given name. Be nice people :D.

With an unusual name like mine, it was weird to go on here and see my name in the subject line of a post! LOL.

Hope you all have smooth sailing.

Haha ... For a second I thought this thread was going to be about an annoying PVP or something before I remembered.

No hurricane Jenn's that I know of ... At least not recently!

You do have a beautiful name though :)

You should be good for Sunday. Friday/Saturday is what everyone is worrying about because it seems like everyone booked a cruise for Saturday! I would be one of those people, and this cruise is like every celebration for my family rolled into one big gift, SO DISSIPATE CHANTAL!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

For some of us that's not happy news! :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

I agree. We are heading to Charleston on Sunday (7/14) for two days precruise (Fantasy 7/16). Please please fizzle out, Chantal.

We have already had more rain than we can handle here in the state this month. Last week we got over 6 inches in upstate of SC. We are drowning.:(

Cookie

I agree. We are heading to Charleston on Sunday (7/14) for two days precruise (Fantasy 7/16). Please please fizzle out, Chantal.

We have already had more rain than we can handle here in the state this month. Last week we got over 6 inches in upstate of SC. We are drowning.:(

Cookie

Do you live in the upstate? I live in Greenville, specifically in Taylors.

I've been paying a lot of attenton to the weather and I have to say I think we're going to be alright. I read that some ships out of Miami would be re-routed, but if you're sailing on Sunday it should mostly be done.

my problem is we're sailing to Nassau and Half Moon, leaving Pt Canaveral on Thursday... talk about being nervous.. but I will take faith in the ship captain and hope he steers clear.

you have nothing to worry about.

We will be on the same cruise with you...and it's our first time. We're going in hoping that we get to see our scheduled ports, BUT, there is that little part of me that hopes for a surprise itinerary! After living in Florida for 13 years I have come to realize the only thing you can do during a TS or hurricane is ride it out, and enjoy!

We will be on the same cruise with you...and it's our first time. We're going in hoping that we get to see our scheduled ports, BUT, there is that little part of me that hopes for a surprise itinerary! After living in Florida for 13 years I have come to realize the only thing you can do during a TS or hurricane is ride it out, and enjoy!

Perhaps there is an opportunity for smooth sailing.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT3+shtml/092353.shtml

any thoughts?

we are leaving from charleston tomorrow (thurs) and we are supposed to be in nassau on saturday and freeport on sunday. I really hope nothing gets cancelled! I just wanna take my first cruise!!!!

We're sailing out of Miami on Monday, so I'm not concerned about that. But we fly into Fort Lauderdale Saturday night. We've had terrible luck this past winter with flights being canceled due to weather, and then we can't get another one booked for days! So I am really dreading our flight being canceled. I guess we just get in the car and start the 21 hour drive if we can't rebook?? :eek:

For some of us that's not happy news! :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

I know, I said that because the OP is from South Carolina. We're from Florida and don't wish tropical storms or hurricanes on anyone!

The good news is that Chantal weakened a lot over night. Let's hope she stays that way and doesn't bother anyone. Keeping my fingers crossed for all you cruisers this weekend!

Chantal was a huge non-event, here in Barbados (her first port of call).

Seems she is fizzling out, given the latest graphic from Nat'l. Hurricane Center

Chantal-1.gif

Notice that once she's past Cuba

NHC has the system predicted to be a boiled-down Depression and nothing more.

so chances are your cruises out of Florida might go as planned

albeit under grey skies and rainy conditions.

You may need to Refresh your browser's depiction of this graphic...

I keep updating it as often as is practical

but individual browser caches hold on to (and show) older versions of this graphic.

Thanks for all the updates. Its good to see other people keeping up with the weather as much as I am right now.

As for South Carolina, I don't think im my 31 years on this earth I remember it raining everyday for 7-10 days in a row in South Carolina. I have a creek in my backyard and the day before yesterday we had almost 4 feet of fast flowing water in our backyard. I've never seen it that high before. Luckily, since we are in a flood zone our house is 7 feet above ground and on a 4-6 foot incline from the backyard, so we were not in danger.

Archived