Do all RCI ships have the sail away roast beef sandwichs?

Hey all-

Last January I went on a small 4 night cruise with my GF on the Monarch of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. I remember on the sail away party they had these amazing roast beef sandwiches! I was wondering if this is a fleet wide thing where they have them for the sail away party? I am going on the Independence of the Seas in December and im really hoping they have them!

Thanks!

If you're referring to the hand carved roast beef sandwiches on the salted caraway bun called Kummelweck Sandwich none of the RCCL ships that I have been on have ever served these sandwiches at the sail away parties. Any ship that has the Park Café serves these daily all afternoon.

This sandwich was supposed to have been rolled out fleet wide as of January 2013 but do not know where it's served on ships that do not have the Park Café. Also do not know if it's served daily on ships that do not have the Park Café. You'll have to inquire once on board .

Here's the link about the sandwich http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/304/a-sensational-sandwich-royal-caribbeans-kummelweck-tantalizes-guests/

When we were on Liberty for a 4 nighter, they did not have them at Sailaway, but they did have them in the WJ right in front of the bar as you walk in. Not sure if it was the first day, but I know they were there the 2nd day as hubby had one. He thinks they are the best!

Have I really been missing something? Can't remember food being served at sail away, only drinks (not free of course), but I've never been on Monarch.

Monarch had been having the roast beef sandwiches for about an hour after muster since at least last September. I had not heard of this on other ships.

Maybe my timing was just really poor but on the Grandeur in May I only saw this offered one afternoon in the Park Cafe after returning from port. It was a bit later in the afternoon than I usually go for lunch so maybe they just always served it during off hours. It was delicious, just wish I could have found it more often!

But were hugely disappointed on Enchantment. The au jus (not sure of spelling) was a gravy. That is just not the same. We were so looking for our fix. But messy gravy :( Too dry without it. Won't stop us from trying them again. Maybe they will have figured it out by our next trip on Enchantment tomorrow. Forgot to add that we got them at the Park Cafe.

Archived