? which Norway/N Cape itinerary

ClaudiaB

We have sailed on Celebrity for years and now want to sail Azamara. Looking at the Norway/North Cape 14 night cruises summer 2014. One is r/t from Hamburg and the other has different debarkation city and slightly different itinerary.

Other than the flight differences of no round trip - is there one reason to choose one itinerary over the other? June - July - August - which would be the preferred month to go or does it matter?

We typically sail S1 cabins so I guess club suite is roughly the same type of deal?

We have sailed on Celebrity for years and now want to sail Azamara. Looking at the Norway/North Cape 14 night cruises summer 2014. One is r/t from Hamburg and the other has different debarkation city and slightly different itinerary.

Other than the flight differences of no round trip - is there one reason to choose one itinerary over the other? June - July - August - which would be the preferred month to go or does it matter?

We typically sail S1 cabins so I guess club suite is roughly the same type of deal?

i could write a noval on this... you want the one that goes to the N Cape.. you want to see Tomso and Troheim and Molde and Alsund-sp- and bergen. you could spend days there alone..

the only negitive is you will not see Olso.

i have been to Norway 4 times and olso twice and bergen 4 times.

being on a smaller ship you will learn everyone knows your name.. you will be back to both Norway and Azamara.

A Skysuite is bigger and deeper drawers etc. The Club suites are very nice you just want more drawer space.

Hello ClaudiaB -

I just checked our 2014 Destination Guide and our website and there is no round trip Hamburg voyage offered to the Norwegian Fjords in 2014. There was one in 2013 and perhaps that's where the misunderstanding started.

There is a 14-night, June 14-28, 2014, Fjords and North Cape voyage which embarks from Hamburg and then disembarks in Copenhagen. This voyage calls at Honningsvag, in the North Cape of Norway. At this location and time period in the mid to late June, the "The midnight sun" actually appears during the midnight time period. This voyage is focused on all that is Norway.

There is another Fjords voyage operating July 27 - Aug 8, 2014, round trip from Copenhagen Although it includes a few Norwegian ports, it also features Iceland and Fairy Islands of the North Sea. In August, there will still be light late into the night but not a midnight.

I reconfirmed this information with our itinerary planner and I hope this helps you make an informed decision.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard next year.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Bill

i did not pick up on the RT part but had near my computer all of 2014 cruises jsut not the ports of call. To me there is only one real Norway cruise which starts in hamburg. The other one i am booked on is an iceland cruise with ports to get you there and back.

After 4 trips into Norway and a couple ports in 2014 I feel like it is another home.

Archived