Shareholder OBC via email

Just a quick update: I emailed the request two days ago and got the auto-reply shortly after. I just received the confirmation email about the credit being applied. So, there doesn't seem to be an issue with email.

This worked for me, too. I sent an email 2 days ago, got an email confirming my OBC. It's reflected on my invoice, which I printed out from my cruise documents.

How much notice do they need? I have a cruise in January 2014 and know I have plenty of time but I'd like to get it off my list of things to do.

Do they have a maximum time frame to submit the statement?

The guide linked in an earlier post says at least 2 weeks prior to the sail date. As for a maximum, there isn't one indicated and it's not really consistent. Sometimes, they'll accept a request 6 months out but other times, they'll say to resubmit with a more recent statement closer to the sail date. This is true on HAL, too. You can always give it a shot and see if they accept it now but I'd just wait until November or December.

How much notice do they need? I have a cruise in January 2014 and know I have plenty of time but I'd like to get it off my list of things to do.

Do they have a maximum time frame to submit the statement?

We usually cruise in January and have sent in the Shareholder request in November.

The guide linked in an earlier post says at least 2 weeks prior to the sail date. As for a maximum, there isn't one indicated and it's not really consistent. Sometimes, they'll accept a request 6 months out but other times, they'll say to resubmit with a more recent statement closer to the sail date. This is true on HAL, too. You can always give it a shot and see if they accept it now but I'd just wait until November or December.

We usually cruise in January and have sent in the Shareholder request in November.

Thank you both. I guess I'll wait until at least I make final payment which is the end of October just in case :)

Archived